Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Interesting, I didn't think they were still being sent out.
    none of my characters, on any server, got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Interesting, I didn't think they were still being sent out.
    I fixed my post, I should have said 'my main got his BACK WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT'. I asked about the Alt which was created when the free level 10's were done, because the Hat Box on the ship still shows the whole turn in the invite for a hat thing.

But I guess you've answered the question.
    Aias Iceforge. Barbarian Ice Dwarf - Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    Kind of an add on for Cordovan: Are you still sending out the invite letters when the Cove kicks off? I've an alt on my main server that never got one, My main guy did when they first came out, but not the alt later when I created her.

My other server alts haven't progressed far enough to see if any of them get invites.
    The invitations were automatically added to the inventories of all characters when the first Crystal Cove opened for DDO's 5th anniversary. The guide and the hat box still mention them, but no invitations have been given to characters since 2011.

As an aside, FEB 2011! I can't believe that first Cove was over 8 years ago!

Alrik_Fassbauer, usually it is not worth recovering a "deceased Kobold", via the Foreman, as the cost gets progressively more expensive. Typically if a Kobold death happens; it is better to buy a brand-new Worker if you want more bodies.

Yesterday, in a random PUG Group I joined we were typically achieving full "6 Star" runs at CR:35, since we had a good "Torch Runner". The group was well balanced, co-operated and communicated effectively so even Characters that were only in the higher twenties and squishy performed very well.

Because we worked well together the Kobolds were easily mining into the 1000s of Crystals per run. So we'd end up with around 800 Green Dragonshards as the Final Reward per single run sometimes.

When is cove ending? I'm a mostly weekday ddo guy...

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    When is cove ending?
    Today (Sunday)

It's been running its usual 10 days.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I just tried to trade in my stuff at Euphonia's - and i was VERY disappointed that the lowest level items require the rarest thing : Pyrite !

I have played the event - both challenge and search or map pieces - for the half of the week, and I have NEVER found pyrite ! At least I don't remember it. It has a very distinct colour in the bag.

Suince I tried to solo the challenge - I couldn't find a proper group in my time zone als levels for that - I didn't have many of the shards, either, so I had no choice but choosing the lowst level of any item via the barter box. And that required Pyrite !

I have played most of the time with my level 8 Paladin, and I have more than enough of the middle tier and higher tier stolen gems - I even had some from years before when I was more active - but I don't recall finding pyrite this season 1 And I didn't even have enough other stolen gems to trade in to get 15 x pyrite !

So, I'm very disappointed that - in my personal experience at least - pyrite is one of the rarest gems - and it is required for the *lowest* levels of items !

Maybe my luck was so bad. But I doubt that, because other gems dropped much more often.

Alabaster was similarily rare as Pyrite, by the way.

In the end, I at least got a skull cap for my newest character. I needed only Doubloons for that.

Apart from that fuzz, I did enjoy the event as such, however.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Today (Sunday)

It's been running its usual 10 days.
    Not tuesday? (reset usually on tuesday)

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    I just tried to trade in my stuff at Euphonia's - and i was VERY disappointed that the lowest level items require the rarest thing : Pyrite !

I have played the event - both challenge and search or map pieces - for the half of the week, and I have NEVER found pyrite ! At least I don't remember it. It has a very distinct colour in the bag.
    It's not that it's "rare", it's that every stolen gem-type is level-dependent - to get Pyrite (directly*), you have to kill Level 1-4 mobs.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Stolen_Pyrite#Stolen_Gems

* However, you can trade down for any gem you want:

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Stolen_Pyri...Gem_Trade_Down

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Not tuesday? (reset usually on tuesday)
    No, not Tuesday.

First, click on any sub-forum, then click on the main "Forum", and look under this sub-forum: https://www.ddo.com/forums/forumdisp...s-amp-Contests

There, you can see the event announcements - like this one: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6236006

It's not that it's "rare", it's that every stolen gem-type is level-dependent - to get Pyrite (directly*), you have to kill Level 1-4 mobs.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Stolen_Pyrite#Stolen_Gems

* However, you can trade down for any gem you want:

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Stolen_Pyri...Gem_Trade_Down
    Be prepared to afk for verrrrrrrrrryyyyyy long, been there done that, got all the old level 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24. Trade down only works in smugglers rest.

No, not Tuesday.

First, click on any sub-forum, then click on the main "Forum", and look under this sub-forum: https://www.ddo.com/forums/forumdisp...s-amp-Contests

There, you can see the event announcements - like this one: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6236006
    Ah thanks, but then again usually they do that, bonus one day... *Shrug

Its true if you have only have very low level Characters available you won't get chance of the getting the higher level Stolen Gems with your runs. Also the Challenge is mostly run with Epic Level Characters because of potential high level rewards, etc.

[...] I tried to solo the challenge - I couldn't find a proper group in my time zone als levels for that - I didn't have many of the shards, either, so I had no choice but choosing the lowst level of any item via the barter box. And that required Pyrite ! ...
    I think it's now been explained (above) how you can convert all gems or do Stolen Gem only runs. When you said you couldn't find a group within your Character range, did you bother posting a Crystal Cove LFM? Certainly don't assume there will be one to join, with Cove you have to be confident enough to advertise.

You Character was Level 8, you don't tend to find that many players below 8 within Smuggler's Rest. So perhaps you could have set the Cove Group range around players of level: 8-11 or possibly: 7-11 if nobody was joining and you could sort out the relevant CR: with regards to the levels of players you got joining. Yes, Crystal Cove tends to favour Characters of a higher level for PUGs and its nowhere near as popular as it used to be a few years ago - so forming groups is harder. However, hopefully next time it reappears you'll have more experience and have a few spare gems or Green Dragonshards.

Community Member

Does anyone know when CC ends? I saw it was Sunday, yesterday, but it's still going this monday morning.

Please extend it a few days, as we have had problems getting runs due to lower server pops.

I've been doing it right too, Pirate Grog and Kobold Assualt to generate an average 75 maps per run.

Most CC instances I have donated 250+ map pieces too, but during off hours it's almost been all me and only me.

Edit: Euph's box for shard-item trade ins usually stays open for about a week after the event ends, is that right? So I can farm till close, then get my items after? Thanks
    Last edited by Fenrisulven7; 08-19-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Community Member

No, not Tuesday.

I checked both these threads and they just send me back to this one

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Thanks for the replies ... Another curious thing I noticed is that red named bosses seem to exist only for higher / highest levels only. I have seen I think 3 within the recent days in Smuggler's Rest, but none of them were in my level range. (And I don't mean the Cove itself !)

If Crystal Cove would ever get an upgrade,m then I'd like to see that added as well.

It also made me wonder once again over the respawn rates. I often get the subjective feeling as if in any open event area the respawn rate is much higher, the more players are there.

Which leads me to the curious observation that some players rather seem to wait day long instead of farming map pieces ...
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Community Member

It also made me wonder once again over the respawn rates. I often get the subjective feeling as if in any open event area the respawn rate is much higher, the more players are there.
    For me, it seems that when the cave is open the respawn rates out in the cove are much higher.

Regardless, the respawn rates could be increased. I spend way too much time waiting to find a mob to harvest

Which leads me to the curious observation that some players rather seem to wait day long instead of farming map pieces ...
    Pirate Grog and 4 runs of Kobold Assault on casual are the fastest rate. I was farming ~75 maps per run, versus around 20 in the cove on the same time span.

@ Fenris - links work for me. :/

Another curious thing I noticed is that red named bosses seem to exist only for higher / highest levels only. I have seen I think 3 within the recent days in Smuggler's Rest, but none of them were in my level range...
    WAI. Bosses give gems, and the Devs don't want easy targets for higher level characters. Bosses are all in high-Epic range.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    Does anyone know when CC ends? I saw it was Sunday, yesterday, but it's still going this monday morning.
    Everything posted (STILL) says "Sunday", yesterday - but they always let it roll to the next Monday.

But 2 things to consider - they usually don't throw the switch until later in the day (East Coast time), and it's not "monday morning" everywhere. And with an event like this, they don't want to risk cutting anyone off early. Afaic, all current play is on borrowed time (unless/until we hear otherwise).

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    Edit: Euph's box for shard-item trade ins usually stays open for about a week after the event ends, is that right? So I can farm till close, then get my items after? Thanks
    Uhhh... I don't know anything about that, nor remember such. "Usually", when an event ends, that's it for turn-ins as well. Might not be remembering that right, this could(?) be an exception, but... not sure I'd risk it. :/

@ Fenris - links work for me. :/

WAI. Bosses give gems, and the Devs don't want easy targets for higher level characters. Bosses are all in high-Epic range.

Everything posted (STILL) says "Sunday", yesterday - but they always let it roll to the next Monday.

But 2 things to consider - they usually don't throw the switch until later in the day (East Coast time), and it's not "monday morning" everywhere. And with an event like this, they don't want to risk cutting anyone off early. Afaic, all current play is on borrowed time (unless/until we hear otherwise).

Uhhh... I don't know anything about that, nor remember such. "Usually", when an event ends, that's it for turn-ins as well. Might not be remembering that right, this could(?) be an exception, but... not sure I'd risk it. :/
    Its still sunday in Baker and howland
    But its already (or nearly)wednesday in Kiritimati and Samola.

Community Member

Ack. Too late. Wife and I ran a marathon session till Tues morning, collected about 1200 shards each and then crashed for 12 hours. Woke up and no barter box!

The kobolds have barricaded us in and are demanding Euphonia's Box, Pepperoni Pizza and a Helicopter.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...d-a-Helicopter

Be honest with me, you guys aren't coming for us, are you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12