Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Default World death announcements for hirelings

    Can we please exempt hirelings from the world death announcements? I doubt anyone really cares to hear Frenzy has permadied yet again

  2. #2
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    This will be fixed for the release of the Hardcore Server.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  3. #3
    Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Krelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,423

    Default

    Make it more hardcore, once a hireling dies no character can ever summon that hireling again.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Make it more hardcore, once a hireling dies no character can ever summon that hireling again.
    That would be a bit much.
    Preventing that character from hiring/summoning that hireling again might work. Maybe reset on TR.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    That would be a bit much.
    Preventing that character from hiring/summoning that hireling again might work. Maybe reset on TR.
    r/woosh
    "There are so many people running around and so many LFMs that it actually doesn't feel like a single player game." - Some guy on HCL

    Also what the live servers would be like with server merges or cross-server grouping.

  6. #6
    Community Member Oghma_Infinium's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Beer, Chocolate & Speculaas FairyLand
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Make it more hardcore, once a hireling dies no character can ever summon that hireling again.
    that's what makes that event a joke , no hirelings should be allowed

    There is no genius without a touch of madness.
    No child has sinner heart

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oghma_Infinium View Post
    that's what makes that event a joke , no hirelings should be allowed

    signed
    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Make it more hardcore, once a hireling dies no character can ever summon that hireling again.
    more hardcore: no hirelings.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)


  8. #8
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    19,540

    Default

    I would vote for modifying the death message to include the summoner's name. I mean, if we're going to be doing Global Shame Announcements, why not out those who needed to hire Chalice to get through Korthos, too?
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

    .57194.

  9. #9
    Community Member LittleLexi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    113

    Default

    It's a really bad idea to announce to the entire server when someone dies. I'm sure plenty of us don't care, but there are certainly people out there who would be put off by it. Include a checkbox to opt in/out, or reserve it for the top 5 players currently on the leaderboard.

    A better idea is to instead have an announcement when players reach certain favor/rxp milestones for the first time.

  10. #10
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    This will be fixed for the release of the Hardcore Server.
    Boo!

    Hireling death announcements are hilarious and one of the few things that would tempt me to the Hardcore-lite server.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

  11. #11
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Make it more hardcore, once a hireling dies no character can ever summon that hireling again.
    Not quite that harsh, but when on the test server I used rez cakes on hires they remained translucent and would not fight or activate their abilities.
    I heard dismissal and summoning again fixed said problem.

    So, we sort of have permadeath till resummoned for hires, which is actually quite a lot considering a plat hire can only be summoned at the quest entrance.

  12. #12
    Community Member MichelOue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    game
    Posts
    96

    Thumbs up guilds and fast travel

    Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Make it more hardcore, once a hireling dies no character can ever summon that hireling again.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLexi View Post
    It's a really bad idea to announce to the entire server when someone dies. I'm sure plenty of us don't care, but there are certainly people out there who would be put off by it. Include a checkbox to opt in/out, or reserve it for the top 5 players currently on the leaderboard.

    A better idea is to instead have an announcement when players reach certain favor/rxp milestones for the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Boo!

    Hireling death announcements are hilarious and one of the few things that would tempt me to the Hardcore-lite server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    This will be fixed for the release of the Hardcore Server.
    NOTE : guild leader can not transfer character.... then no guild advancement for level 10 is base, in a kracken 4000shards, the ring of friends is fair when no running no cronosphere, then the hirelings, gold seal and jelly cake was fun, select raise, select raise watch world death announcement was very comical.
    But truly the gear in store was a lack, the potions compared to buffs, and tomes augments xp boosts and tomes, were under rated; reapers were was to challenging. For me 72hrs level 3 2x out of 6 characters paid to max boost with hundred thousand shards....uhh ddo coin
    like putting items 999999ddo point price, they failed but expensive!!! So the store was interesting, surviving was panic, support nurrish by rewarding progression??

  13. #13
    Community Member MichelOue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    game
    Posts
    96

    Default comedy

    Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    Can we please exempt hirelings from the world death announcements? I doubt anyone really cares to hear Frenzy has permadied yet again
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    This will be fixed for the release of the Hardcore Server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I would vote for modifying the death message to include the summoner's name. I mean, if we're going to be doing Global Shame Announcements, why not out those who needed to hire Chalice to get through Korthos, too?
    what about when your the one with 40 jelly cakes, and 5 hirelings with a red named sooooo funny ding ding ding (all money in account on lamania since tiefling demo 41.4 think was bloody rich for 90 days to little but same fun free store changes game play favorably)
    Last edited by MichelOue; 08-09-2019 at 04:58 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload