Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Default Cannot submit Support Ticket

    I decided to try the Monster Manuals as I've never used them. I bought MM1 (297 DDO Points) then found I had no idea how to access the MM. I went looking at the Wiki and, to my surprise, found that as a Premium Account I supposedly already have MM1.

    This becomes 2 problems:
    1) Why did it let me purchase something that apparently I already have?
    2) Assuming the former is correct, how do I get my 297 DDOP back?

    I tried submitting the above as a Support Ticket. That's when problem 3 came up.

    One of the requirements of submitting a Support Ticket is that you enter the last 4 digits of the credit card associated with the account.
    A) The last time I looked at my account information was probably in excess of 10 years ago and looking at my account information now, well, I can't find where it has the CC info.
    B) If there is a CC in there somewhere, it's likely long since expired because...
    C) When it first became available, I bought Lifetime access. It's quite possible that I deleted the CC info at that time. (At least, I *think* I have Lifetime access.)

    I finally gave up and typed in 4 random digits as my "last 4 digits" and the screen went away. I have no idea if the Support Ticket was actually submitted.

    So, 3 problems and I'd love to get some help with them.

    Also, in the forum is a sub-forum for problems with the DDO store and right in the description is a link to get to Support. That link returns a 404 Error and so is somewhat less than useful.
    Last edited by Pale_Rider; 08-07-2019 at 12:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    26,332

    Default

    Support can answer most of your questions, but submitting with a random number for the credit card will not impact delivery of the ticket. If that info is needed, I'm sure CS will work with you on it.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



  3. #3
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    26,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pale_Rider View Post
    I decided to try the Monster Manuals as I've never used them. I bought MM1 (297 DDO Points) then found I had no idea how to access the MM. I went looking at the Wiki and, to my surprise, found that as a Premium Account I supposedly already have MM1.

    This becomes 2 problems:
    1) Why did it let me purchase something that apparently I already have?
    2) Assuming the former is correct, how do I get my 297 DDOP back?

    I tried submitting the above as a Support Ticket. That's when problem 3 came up.

    One of the requirements of submitting a Support Ticket is that you enter the last 4 digits of the credit card associated with the account.
    A) The last time I looked at my account information was probably in excess of 10 years ago and looking at my account information now, well, I can't find where it has the CC info.
    B) If there is a CC in there somewhere, it's likely long since expired because...
    C) When it first became available, I bought Lifetime access. It's quite possible that I deleted the CC info at that time. (At least, I *think* I have Lifetime access.)

    I finally gave up and typed in 4 random digits as my "last 4 digits" and the screen went away. I have no idea if the Support Ticket was actually submitted.

    So, 3 problems and I'd love to get some help with them.

    Also, in the forum is a sub-forum for problems with the DDO store and right in the description is a link to get to Support. That link returns a 404 Error and so is somewhat less than useful.
    [re: my emphasis above.]

    You're a lifer?!? If so, that means you're VIP and should have all the Manuals already!

    Just pointing that out in case it's relevant to your further MM purchases.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

  4. #4
    Community Member Graskitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pale_Rider View Post
    I decided to try the Monster Manuals as I've never used them. I bought MM1 (297 DDO Points) then found I had no idea how to access the MM. I went looking at the Wiki and, to my surprise, found that as a Premium Account I supposedly already have MM1.

    This becomes 2 problems:
    1) Why did it let me purchase something that apparently I already have?
    The MM1 is an unusual DDO store item because it is unlocked by upgrading a free2play DDO account to premium (and as far as I know, you can never lose premium status, although I had read a while back about some premium accounts inadvertently becoming free2play). but yeah, it is unusual that the MM1 still shows up as purchaseable.

    C) When it first became available, I bought Lifetime access. It's quite possible that I deleted the CC info at that time. (At least, I *think* I have Lifetime access.)
    Would you mind elaborating on "Lifetime" access ? A few years ago, a Canadian player told me that they had purchased Lifetime access when it was offered, but when I asked Cordovan about it, he said that he had no knowledge of DDO ever offering Lifetime subscriptions.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    Would you mind elaborating on "Lifetime" access ? A few years ago, a Canadian player told me that they had purchased Lifetime access when it was offered, but when I asked Cordovan about it, he said that he had no knowledge of DDO ever offering Lifetime subscriptions.
    Curious coincidence, there. I'm also Canadian. As best I recall, back when DDO was still run by Turbine, an offer was made of Lifetime access. This was a *long* time ago.

    To the best of my recollection, I have Lifetime access to 4 games / things. 1) DDO. 2) Champions Online. 3) Daybreak's All-Access (EQ, EQ2, DCUO, et cetera). 4) Tabletop Connect --> Fantasy Grounds.

    I know I'm not a VIP access for DDO because when I log in it says Premium. I haven't paid for DDO access for... well, as long as I can remember.

  6. #6
    Community Member TitusOvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pale_Rider View Post
    snip

    One of the requirements of submitting a Support Ticket is that you enter the last 4 digits of the credit card associated with the account.
    snip
    You need to enter your cc? I never needed to do that, as far as I can recall. Can you do a screenshot?

    Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

  7. #7
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    26,332

    Default

    The only few lifetime accounts that have ever been granted in DDO were related to specific events, one a large contest IIRC and the other as prizes for topping the leaderboard during our 3 minute Spinners thing at Gen Con (and perhaps PAX East?) So it's theoretically possible. The Lord of the Rings Online does, however, much more widely so perhaps the OP is getting the games mixed?
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The Lord of the Rings Online does, however, much more widely so perhaps the OP is getting the games mixed?
    As I've never played LOTR, it's doubtful. Oh, my CS Ticket apparently did make it in about half an hour after I first posted here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload