Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hardcore League Preview: Misc Changes

Hey, everyone!

The focus of this preview is Hardcore Mode, but there are a few fixes, feedback adjustments, and further upcoming systems changes that have made it into this Lamannia build as well. Here they are!

• Pale Master has had a lot of bugs fixed!
    • Several Epic Destiny abilities meant to scale with Melee and Ranged Power now do so properly
    • (Lama Only): The new Divine Epic Past Life works now.
    • Shiradi Champion: Rainbow no longer procs Positive damage, and can instead occasionally proc Bane damage.
    • Shadowdancer: Meld Into Darkness' tooltip now mentions that it bypasses Dodge Cap (the normal one, not the new hard-95% one).
    • Shadowdancer now grants +6 Ranged Power per Core (was +4)
    • Shadowdancer: Removed prerequisites from Cloak of Shadows, Improved Invisibility, Shadow Manipulation, Untouchable, Consume, Shadow Form, and Dark Imbuement.
    • Fury Made Placid and Fury Eternal now cost 1AP each.
    • (The following Druid changes didn't make the Lamannia build in time, but are currently planned for this Patch. This change is meant to adjust certain overperforming multiclass Wolf splits while keeping overall impact on pure Druid/invested Nature's Warrior Wolf builds low).
      • Druid: The Combat Speed Bonus to Attack Speed in Wolf Form is now 10%.
      • Druid: The Combat Speed Bonus to Attack Speed in Winter Wolf Form is now 20%.
      • Druid Nature's Warrior: Swift Hunter (in Nature's Warrior) now also increases Wolf Form's Combat Speed Bonus to Attack Speed to 15%, and Winter Wolf Form's Combat Speed Bonus to Attack Speed to 30%.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    (The following Druid changes didn't make the Lamannia build in time, but are currently planned for this Patch. This change is meant to adjust certain overperforming multiclass Wolf splits while keeping overall impact on pure Druid/invested Nature's Warrior Wolf builds low).
    • Druid Nature's Warrior: Swift Hunter (in Nature's Warrior) now also increases Wolf Form's Combat Speed Bonus to Attack Speed to 15%, and Winter Wolf Form's Combat Speed Bonus to Attack Speed to 30%.
    Ouch.

1 problem i see.
    most wolf splits are (8 druid/6cleric/6fighter or barb) or (11 barb 8 druid 1 fvs) on khyber. they use medium or heavy armor and are therefore not going to be happy about their attack speed being returned with an enhancement selection that involves getting a useless evasion ability. can this be swapped to a different ability? Also the t5 of natures warrior is overall fairly weak compared to the fighter kensai or barb FB trees that those splits would normally use. If making a wolf for dps, it would be nice to add an enhancement that increases threat multi or range to go along with what barb or fighter t5 gets? maybe even added to the t3 of alpha strike?

its always sad to see one of my favorite play-styles nerfed. I like having huge dps numbers and the wolf dps splits were one of the best ways to get them. luckily i am in a group that TR's at least once per 2 weeks so this will not effect me, but there are many it will effect that do not TR often at all and have had one of these builds at cap for over a year. please take a minute out of your day for a moment of silence for them. I will do what I can in game to let people know that this is coming and to jump ship sooner rather than later.

A 10% dps speed loss is very harsh. ah well looks like its time to be a tank for the new reaper update anyway, better get my pinky in shape

ps. just after i pulled that new raid greataxe and upgraded it too. thanks obama. at least i can play with it for a month before i have to swap builds.
    Khyber server: Plague Winds
    Shanayney - TR Project with over 100 Reaper points
    Sahanna - Raid Ready Survivable Healer

Is it possible for Falconry's Thrill of the Hunt to be changed for U43? By changed, I mean for the healing type to be changed to whatever your racial modifier is. This would help a lot for constructs and now undead with the PM changes.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

• (The following Druid changes didn't make the Lamannia build in time, but are currently planned for this Patch. This change is meant to adjust certain overperforming multiclass Wolf splits while keeping overall impact on pure Druid/invested Nature's Warrior Wolf builds low).
    This wouldn't be so bad if Wolf didn't have pretty bad T5 enhancements in general. Well, I guess I'm glad I'm getting my druid lives done now while this is still only in Llama.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Hey, everyone!

• Pale Master has had a lot of bugs fixed!
    Hi.
    Something relevant here?

EDIT: I'm ask because without fast level up (No Test Dojo) or character copy, there is no way to test anythink.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Player remembers. Player never forgets.
    I'm not native speaker

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Requiro View Post
    Hi.
    Something relevant here?

EDIT: I'm ask because without fast level up (No Test Dojo) or character copy, there is no way to test anythink.
    [*]Several Epic Destiny abilities meant to scale with Melee and Ranged Power now do so properly
    This one too

Really, all the ED changes are going to be untestable because no one's getting past 20 during the preview...

Hi.
    Something relevant here?

These are changes that were listed in the last Preview but weren't working as listed in those notes; now they are. There were not design changes between the last Preview and this build (though there is one missing as Lynn points out below).

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    This one too
    I'll have to double-check if those notes made it into the last Lamannia, but it's essentially "Anything we listed in the Forum Preview of the ED pass as scaling with Melee or Ranged Power now works as its tooltip says it does".
    Last edited by Steelstar; 08-06-2019 at 03:33 PM.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

What I could test (from read descrypion only), that Necrotic line got buffed a little. It's good improvment. They are still below some spells, but overall nice improvement.

I hope that rest will get buffed too (especialy Tier 5 abilities, and overall all Tree to be more caster friendly)

I wrote it here, becouse PM thread get closed.

EDIT:

These are changes that were listed in the last Preview but weren't working as listed in those notes; now they are. There were not design changes between the last Preview and this one.

I'll have to double-check if those notes made it into the last Lamannia, but it's essentially "Anything we listed in the Forum Preview of the ED pass as scaling with Melee or Ranged Power now works as its tooltip says it does".
    Ok

EDIT 2: Animted ally still 5 minutes cooldown in descryption (it should be 18 sec cooldown, like posted here )
    Last edited by Requiro; 08-06-2019 at 03:26 PM.
    I'm not native speaker

Systems Designer

Something else that didn't make Lamannia but should be noted:

Ascendant Shroud for Lich Form now grants a 5% cost reduction on all spells.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post

So cost reduction from level 12. And it's casting(ish) ability. Nice improvment.

Lich is more appealing now. Idk if it's enough, but it's great to hear, that something get changed.

I hope that there are more plans for PM and especially Tier 5 abilities.

I still encourage you, that put somewhere additional pick up for Advanced Shroud (Tier 4 will be perfect)

And Some passive for Animated Ally? It's still kind of situational/useless ability
    I'm not native speaker

Default Does it stack?

Does it stack?

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Cadveen View Post
    Does it stack?
    Yes, this is a 5% unique bonus. It stacks with everything.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by zappy View Post
    at least i can play with it for a month before i have to swap builds.
    Wolf nerf doesn't occur until 30 days from right meow? :/

I hope this doesn't mean you just deleted shiradi casters from the game

So just checking but is leveling to 20 via daily dice rolls and buying supreme tomes of ability or other stats from the ddo store intended ways to shortcut the leaderboard?

ps. Just after i pulled that new raid greataxe and upgraded it too. thanks obama.
    roflmao!!

+1
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Hi Welcome

...just after i pulled that new raid greataxe and upgraded it too.
    Well... same here: 2850 threads wasted (Reflection + Baz'Morath). I'm a little bit disappointed

Do you guys think that with FotW revamp THF will become tier 1? LOL
    Tronko - Ascendance - Cannith

Community Member

What I could test (from read descrypion only), that Necrotic line got buffed a little. It's good improvment. They are still below some spells, but overall nice improvement.
    In fact, that Necrotic Blast is now showing 1d6+5 damage per level, which is darn good for a SLA. IMO, this changes everything!

Things are getting nice, just hoping to see a little more love for Lich. 5% cost reduction still won't change my life.
    Last edited by lppmor; 08-07-2019 at 05:59 AM.

Community Member

Divine Crusader: Sword of Justice

I have just been updating the destiny trees in preparation for U43 in DDOBuilder and noticed that "Divine Crusader: Sword of Justice" does not have +3 Melee Power and +2 ranged Power listed as effects (at leats in the screen shots I took in Lamannia preview before Hardcore), yet all the other cores in Divine Crusader do. If this just missing in the tooltip or does the core not grant these?
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    Divine Crusader: Sword of Justice

I have just been updating the destiny trees in preparation for U43 in DDOBuilder and noticed that "Divine Crusader: Sword of Justice" does not have +3 Melee Power and +2 ranged Power listed as effects (at leats in the screen shots I took in Lamannia preview before Hardcore), yet all the other cores in Divine Crusader do. If this just missing in the tooltip or does the core not grant these?
    It's granting it, looks like the tooltip was missed. We'll get it fixed, thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast