Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51
  1. #41
    Community Member Kza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Or you just dont have cargo hold buffs from a guildship?
    Probalbly this. A firstlifer with 0 guildbuffs is having a hard hard time in reaper :-)

    Back to normal ;-)

  2. #42
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    297

    Default Fatesinger: Aria

    The Fatesinger; Aria enhancement shows as being single rank, but when you mouse over it it shows as having 3 ranks due to tooltip dialogs for each rank being shown.

    Its one or the other, 1 rank or 3 ranks?
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    The Fatesinger; Aria enhancement shows as being single rank, but when you mouse over it it shows as having 3 ranks due to tooltip dialogs for each rank being shown.

    Its one or the other, 1 rank or 3 ranks?
    It's 3.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

    The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

  4. #44
    Community Member MistaMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    I assume the upcoming xp changes are not live on this test?

    203 reaper points for first time Recovering the lost tome

    No ship buffs
    No xp pots
    No tomes of experience
    VIP

    Level six player in level four quest (base level two).

    <in other words, the rxp is penalized same as elite xp seems to not be working on this particular test server run>
    Or is it, someone do the math?

    Actually 200ish rxp is pretty good for a 2k normal xp quest.
    So, it is likely working right.
    Been too long at end game...
    Reaper XP Sounds about right considering you have a 50% Penalty for being 2 levels over
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 36, 80. Ozzbad 35, 36, 14, 36, 76. Ozzugly 40, 41, 19, 36, 101. EvilOzz 33, 36, 6, 16, 38. Ozzistheworst 31, 32, 9, 1, 14. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial
    Reaper Points

  5. #45
    Community Member zachxr100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    164

    Default

    I think the base wolf nerfs are justified, but honestly the tier 5 wolf tree is absolute garbage, and putting the attack speed there is terrible, make it a core hell put it on the lvl 18 core if you really want to, or at least add it to beast unleashed from the protector tree (even though it is primarily a bear tree but at least its tier 5's aren't absolutely garbage) or make it a scaling thing like the movement speed is.

    This change is supposed to help purer wolf splits compete with the much higher damage of splits like 8/6/6 Silvanus Builds, a simple change that still gives some of the attack speed to those splits, but benefits much heavier investments into wolf druid levels, I think a cool idea would be to add attack speed per different wild shapes (8 Druid has 3 forms available to them thus gives less attack speed than 17 druid who has a total of 6 forms available to them) by 17 druid would get the full attack speed as it is on live currently, it doesn't lock you into a completely terrible tier 5 but also gives a reason to add more druid levels despite weak tier 5's

    Most pure or heavy druid splits (ie don't have enough levels to take a different classes tier 5) use the tier 5 from protector because of the melee power and loosing 25 of it seems like a really large penalty, just to get attack speed that they have had for ages.
    Last edited by zachxr100; 08-10-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    Tri-Heroic, Tri-Iconic, Tri- Epic Completionist
    ~Cannith~
    "I Will Never be a Memory"

  6. #46
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Requiro View Post
    Best SL-a in game? I think you seriously overreacting.

    First: On level 12 you gain already Otiluke’s with 9,5dmg / caster lvl. (on level 13 you gain D.Fireball with 10,5 / caster lvl ). On the other hand Necrotic gain free Metamagic. So for trash, when you try maintain your SP, it will be good. But for bosses (spike damage), you will be better with normal spells.

    Second: It’s still most costly SL-a in game (9AP), because Necrotic Touch is worthless (from very beginning), and Bolt become obsolete when you hit level 11.

    Overall Tier 5 PM abilities are still very weak, but I’m very happy, that Devs at least see the problem now. It give me hope, that they will made some improvements before it hit live.
    Those are not SLAs. I never said it was too good either.

  7. #47
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LurkingVeteran View Post
    Those are not SLAs. I never said it was too good either.
    Yes. You say it's the strongest SLA in game, then the guy come and compare it to many non-SLA spells and use this comparison as argument?

    Seems 1d6+5 is indeed the best SLA. You can even heighten its DC for free.

  8. #48
    Community Member Requiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lppmor View Post
    Yes. You say it's the strongest SLA in game, then the guy come and compare it to many non-SLA spells and use this comparison as argument?

    Seems 1d6+5 is indeed the best SLA. You can even heighten its DC for free.
    Sure - you can compare it with other SL-a in other class
    For example: Eldritch Wave SL-a. (Warlock SL-a, Tier 5 ability)
    18d6+30d4, Cost 2 AP, No SP cost. No Save. Scale with 150% spell power.
    + Additional 21d6 in Epic levels
    + Additional bonuses you get from Trees (for example: +8% chance to critical (3AP), +12d4 damage from Pacts, and more)

    You still think that's the best SL-a in game?

    BTW: in the same Tier 5, Warlock have true Pale Master ability: Finger Of Death as a SL-a. Strange, isn'it it?

    EDIT: for comparison only: Necrotic Blast, Tier 5 ability:
    20d6+100, Cost 9AP, 10SP per cast, Fort Save, Scale with 100% spell power.
    +8% chance to critical (8AP)
    + No additional bonuses from tree

    EDIT2: If they want made this ability anyhow close to that power, Devs should made
    - HP cost not SP (so almost free for PM vs totaly free in Warlock)
    - Spell power 125% to match almost Warlok ability in Heroic
    - Leave only 3rd tier of All necroitcs (that will made it only 3 AP cost vs 2 cost in Warlock)
    - Caster levels from Epic Destines should affect this ability

    I don't think that they do it.
    Last edited by Requiro; 08-12-2019 at 05:18 AM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Player remembers. Player never forgets.
    I'm not native speaker

  9. #49
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    297

    Default Legendary Dreadnought: Shrug Off Punishment

    This one has a spelling mistake of "Dreadnaught"
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

  10. #50
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    297

    Default Magister

    Does the Magister tree also grant Warlock caster levels? Its not mentioned in the text, but the previous version of the tree did so?

    Edit: The following core enhancement do say Warlock in their text, just the 1st core is missing it.

    Also: Is the 1st core not meant to grant caster levels?
    Last edited by Ordinary; 08-12-2019 at 06:12 AM.
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

  11. #51
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    +1

    True...and no epic PL...


    The scariest thing in the harbor used to be a kobold shaman with lightning bolts...
    Move over dude, Famine Reaper here to steal your kills.

    Makes sense.
    I don't know what your PL status is, but considering under your name it says "Ultimate Completionist" I'm inclined to assume on your normal server you have all PLs?

    In which case, your new character was missing:

    9 MRR from Warlock PL (x3).
    9 MRR from Deep Gnome PL (x3)
    6 Electric Resistance from Ranger PL (x3)
    And a grand total of 9% Electrical Absorption from Arcane Epic PLs.

    Assuming you had 0 MRR when he shot you, you were down 15~% MRR absorption + 9% Electrical Absorption +6 Electric Resistance (+30 Electric Resistance if we include the Ship Buff)

    I don't know how much damage he actually did, and maybe he was on the strong side of normal. But if you ARE used to having all the PLs, before you even equip any MRR equipment, fresh off the boat, you're used to taking about 25% less elemental damage than normal.

    Welcome to 1st life

    Where yes, Reaper, surprisingly, is actually quite hard, and even if you do manage to make a build that survives it fine, a lightning bolt fired from a champion or reaper can and in some cases will 1 shot you.
    Last edited by SpardaX; 08-12-2019 at 09:28 AM.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload