Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lppmor View Post
    In fact, that Necrotic Blast is now showing 1d6+5 damage per level, which is darn good for a SLA. IMO, this changes everything!

Things are getting nice, just hoping to see a little more love for Lich. 5% cost reduction still won't change my life.
    8.5dmg / level sphere AoE would make it the best SLA in the game. Fireball is 6.5, albeit with more caster levels. Since this is T5 and locks out Arcane Supremacy, I guess it might be OK to give PMs some incentive to not go AM T5. On the other hand, most older am/sorc SLAs could also use some tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Hey, everyone!

The focus of this preview is Hardcore Mode, but there are a few fixes, feedback adjustments, and further upcoming systems changes that have made it into this Lamannia build as well. Here they are!

• Druid: The Combat Speed Bonus to Attack Speed in Wolf Form is now 10%.
    • Druid: The Combat Speed Bonus to Attack Speed in Winter Wolf Form is now 20%.
    • Druid Nature's Warrior: Swift Hunter (in Nature's Warrior) now also increases Wolf Form's Combat Speed Bonus to Attack Speed to 15%, and Winter Wolf Form's Combat Speed Bonus to Attack Speed to 30%.
    [/LIST]

Funny, i asked for a free +1 heart in the ED primal changes thread, because the silvanus maul using wolf/barb/cleric or fvs is the only thing left that makes 2hf weapons viable, then you stab that last option through the heart?
    no
    why not fix 2hf first before introducing nerfs?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Community Member

/drama

Wolf is not really a THF build, it just happens to use two-handed weapon dice to do single-target natural attacks.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LurkingVeteran View Post
    /drama

Wolf is not really a THF build, it just happens to use two-handed weapon dice to do single-target natural attacks.
    phrasing it another way, THF is so bad right now that a Wolf turning it into a different type of attack is the only current way to make it viable.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Shadowdancer now grants +6 Ranged Power per Core (was +4)
    Shadowdancer: Removed prerequisites from Cloak of Shadows, Improved Invisibility, Shadow Manipulation, Untouchable, Consume, Shadow Form, and Dark Imbuement.
    Thank you
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith
    Zamsil - L10 TWF dagger assassin, doesn't know what he's doing yet

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Community Member

• Druid: The Combat Speed Bonus to Attack Speed in Wolf Form is now 10%.
    • Druid: The Combat Speed Bonus to Attack Speed in Winter Wolf Form is now 20%.
    • Druid Nature's Warrior: Swift Hunter (in Nature's Warrior) now also increases Wolf Form's Combat Speed Bonus to Attack Speed to 15%, and Winter Wolf Form's Combat Speed Bonus to Attack Speed to 30%.
    This absolutely should not be slipped in under a ton of unrelated changes. This needs to be its own thread entirely.

Don't be like that.
    Last edited by Clemeit; 08-07-2019 at 10:56 PM.
    "There are so many people running around and so many LFMs that it actually doesn't feel like a single player game." - Some guy on HCL

Also what the live servers would be like with server merges or cross-server grouping.

Community Member

Another possible issue in "Draconic Incarnation: Energy Burst"
    The screenshot text I have states: Waves of elemental energy emanate from your body, dealing [1d10+10/1d12+12/1d15+15]
    per caster level fire damage to enemies in your vicinity. A successful Reflex save
    (DC 20 + 1/2 character level + INT/CHA modifier) redcuces the damage by half.

Is this meant to be "Per Character Level" as not all characters may have caster levels? If it is caster levels, of what class?
    Cannith Server: Maetrim - Once again complete
    Maetrim's DDO Character Planner: https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases

Quote Originally Posted by LurkingVeteran View Post
    8.5dmg / level sphere AoE would make it the best SLA in the game. Fireball is 6.5, albeit with more caster levels. Since this is T5 and locks out Arcane Supremacy, I guess it might be OK to give PMs some incentive to not go AM T5. On the other hand, most older am/sorc SLAs could also use some tweaks.
    Best SL-a in game? I think you seriously overreacting.

First: On level 12 you gain already Otiluke’s with 9,5dmg / caster lvl. (on level 13 you gain D.Fireball with 10,5 / caster lvl ). On the other hand Necrotic gain free Metamagic. So for trash, when you try maintain your SP, it will be good. But for bosses (spike damage), you will be better with normal spells.

Second: It’s still most costly SL-a in game (9AP), because Necrotic Touch is worthless (from very beginning), and Bolt become obsolete when you hit level 11.

Overall Tier 5 PM abilities are still very weak, but I’m very happy, that Devs at least see the problem now. It give me hope, that they will made some improvements before it hit live.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Player remembers. Player never forgets.
    I'm not native speaker

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Famine reaper in Garrison's one shot my toon on the hardcore server on reaper 1 while toon was level six.
    It was way overkill with a lightning bolt.
    Had druid build with wolf and hire.
    Bug reporting thus and letting dev decide.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Famine reaper in Garrison's one shot my toon on the hardcore server on reaper 1 while toon was level six.
    It was way overkill with a lightning bolt.
    Had druid build with wolf and hire.
    Bug reporting thus and letting dev decide.
    What was the bug?

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    What was the bug?
    Might have been the damage, wouldn't be the first out of touch design choice the devs made concerning ballance.
    Remember when champs were introduced, in "butchers path" a champ troglodite caster was spamming fireballs towards the water players had to go through to reach him, they did a minimum of 450 damage, a bit to much for that level.
    If these mechanics are back then hardcore will be done with real quick.
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    What was the bug?
    Yeah, I am also curious. Nothing in that post really sounds like a bug to me. If you've got more details, I'd love to hear them so we can investigate
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Yeah, I am also curious. Nothing in that post really sounds like a bug to me. If you've got more details, I'd love to hear them so we can investigate
    Reaper adjustment going on, so I was not sure exactly how harsh you want reaper 1 in harbor to be?

Toon has druid level 6 with somewhere around 120 hp?
    Poor dexterity.
    So likely failed saving throw.
    Famine reaper casting lighting bolt from range right after I dropped it to 10% health with my lightning strike.

Location Garison's missing pack right next to the right lever (near possible boss spawn), saw it from behind.

Total damage?
    I don't know.
    Was it a critical spell damage?
    I don't know, likely since I had not seen this much damage from reapers.
    Had 10% electrical absorption on.
    No electrical resistance.

Toon has been deleted as it went to limbo
    Fawngate I on test server right before it died if you can review footage.
    Only have BankerK One, and Fawngate II on that server.

Account Silverleafeon
    Test server afternoon of 8/7/19

Systems Designer

Reaper adjustment going on, so I was not sure exactly how harsh you want reaper 1 in harbor to be?

Toon has druid level 6 with somewhere around 120 hp?
    Poor dexterity.
    So likely failed saving throw.
    Famine reaper casting lighting bolt from range right after I dropped it to 10% health with my lightning strike.

Location Garison's missing pack right next to the right lever (near possible boss spawn), saw it from behind.

Total damage?
    I don't know.
    Was it a critical spell damage?
    I don't know, likely since I had not seen this much damage from reapers.
    Had 10% electrical absorption on.
    No electrical resistance.

Toon has been deleted as it went to limbo
    Fawngate I on test server right before it died if you can review footage.
    Only have BankerK One, and Fawngate II on that server.
    I am still not seeing anything here that sounds like it's bugged, unless I'm missing something really obvious.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I am still not seeing anything here that sounds like it's bugged, unless I'm missing something really obvious.
    Not really a bug I guess then.

Just knowing this test server made reapers scarier, and letting you know that lightning bolt via Famine Reaper is noticefully more powerful than the typical reaper in the harbor.

Not really a bug I guess then.

Just knowing this test server made reapers scarier, and letting you know that lightning bolt via Famine Reaper is noticefully more powerful than the typical reaper in the harbor.
    Or you just dont have cargo hold buffs from a guildship?

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Or you just dont have cargo hold buffs from a guildship?
    +1

True...and no epic PL...

The scariest thing in the harbor used to be a kobold shaman with lightning bolts...
    Move over dude, Famine Reaper here to steal your kills.

Makes sense.

I support allowing hirelings in Hardcore mode. I plan on soloing a lot and leveling very slowly.

In other news, World Announcement of hireling deaths really brings spam to a new level.
    What rewards do hirelings get if any make it into the top 100?
    Ghallanda: Vilas, Alphon, Whelm, Thaylan, Tyclmi, Amgine, Talc, Dedlee, Payle, Darell, Talenta, Zhen, Thrane, Arrith, Durdyn, Magefyre, Necrophil, Tulgey, Borogove, Hasugi, Shawal, Hailestorm, Branthan, Lightningbug, Bettercall, Elecktric, Zardu, Zergworthy, BrotherOf, Missadventer, Bytemy, Demogeorgia, Tizen (33) Sarlona: (7) Cannith: (2)

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

I assume the upcoming xp changes are not live on this test?

203 reaper points for first time Recovering the lost tome

No ship buffs
    No xp pots
    No tomes of experience
    VIP

Level six player in level four quest (base level two).

<in other words, the rxp is penalized same as elite xp seems to not be working on this particular test server run>
    Or is it, someone do the math?

Actually 200ish rxp is pretty good for a 2k normal xp quest.
    So, it is likely working right.
    Been too long at end game...
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 08-08-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

The more I think about it, the more I like the rules just like they are.

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    And you perfectly explained why I never joined a Permadeath Guild. They had a bunch of asinine rules.

Permadeath, if you become a soulstone you remain a soulstone. That is it. There is no need for anything else. Feel free to trade. Feel free to solo. Feel free to spend money. Just remember that once your a soulstone, it's a permanent condition.

DDO finally gave us Permadeath and I am rejoicing.
    +1 well said

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast