Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Some notes based on discussion in this thread:

~ On a Hardcore server you will not be able to enter a dungeon if your level is more than 4 levels higher than the base challenge rating. ("Base" means the challenge rating on Normal difficulty.) This feature didn't make it onto Lamannia. (To be precise, the feature on Lamannia is actually bugged and will only restrict you from re-entering over level.)

~ The leaderboards are only for Total Favor and Reaper XP. There is no competition based on normal XP; only a static prize for reaching level 20.

~ For Favor runs, you won't be able to level past the content and then go back for easy favor. You won't be able to enter the dungeons. If you allow yourself to out level dungeons then you won't be able to access them and that favor will no longer be possible to obtain. This might hurt your chances to be in the top leaderboard totals later on.

~ For Reaper XP, you are going to have to make a determination of how you will accumulate it. Will you rush to end game where the quests give more Reaper XP but are much harder and much more likely to kill you? Or will you play it safer and build up Reaper XP on lower levels. Again, you won't be able to level and run lower level dungeons; the code will prevent you from entering them.

Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Some notes based on discussion in this thread:~ The leaderboards are only for Total Favor and Reaper XP. There is no competition based on normal XP; only a static prize for reaching level 20.Sev~

Uhm Sev... XP pots... yeah those effect reaper xp...

Meaning XP pots WILL indeed effect the competition. Same as XP tomes, Same as any other xp bonus... THESE ALL effect reaper xp.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call

Community Member

When making announcements about people that have died you might consider including some character information (like what level they are). If they are on the leader board I would also announce where on the leader board they were (so that people know when highly relevant people die without having to memorize the entire leader board).

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Closing the shroud raid would prevent a team of four epic player from farming parts 1 thru 3 in order to craft a greensteel clickie (such as haste or displacement), which would be one reason to leave the shroud open for business. The likelihood of a person actually reaching shroud levels and not knowing part five will destroy your character is very low, because there will be so many other traps to fall to before hand...even smaller the likelihood of said person gathering 11 other players to join such a raid for completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    The likelihood of a person actually reaching shroud levels and not knowing part five will destroy your character is very low, because there will be so many other traps to fall to before hand...even smaller the likelihood of said person gathering 11 other players to join such a raid for completion.
    You know, the Shroud was changed such that if you click exactly on the center you will become immune to death for the next hour
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

Community Member

How many times per year is the event going to occur? Once? Twice?

I'm not VIP, so if I decide to participate, the number of occurrences will help me decide what package to buy. 3month, 1 year, or Season's Pass.

Default Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by lain5246 View Post
    personally i would not mind testing my skill with this server, does that make me a groupie? realistically NO. there are plenty of areas where the devs have dropped the ball and been lazy with, we also do not have to like every idea the implement, but post like these are about as useful as sunglasses in a dark cave. if you are able to do a better job i encourage you to hit me up 13 years from now with your mmo that is supporting your company.

IN SHORT PLEASE STOP ATTACKING YOUR PEERS. it is about as tasteful as pay to win.
    You are the exact definition of a forum groupie bro, you come here saying that everything these people do is candy canes and rainbows and attempt to chastise anyone who believes differently. Groupie. I do believe my post was informative, you state that it wasn't useful, however, I disagree, I believe constantly running around white knighting for the devs is not helpful. Also, the whole "if you think you could do a better job" load of bs, I already own my own company (not video games), but if I were to bother, I would probably do a better job of it, but it would take a massive amount of monetary backing and a lot more time than I currently have, that's why I pay other people to do it, and I feel completely justified in critiquing their work because I'm the one paying for it. And as for the peers comment, in what way are they or anyone on this site, or game one of my peers? The fact that you believe they are or even possibly you are, is completely laughable. I stand by my previous posts. Move along now little forumite.

/Not signed

Remove store access, and the idea is golden. Vulnerable people will spend a lot of money for cosmetics, we all know the types... Don't prey on your fanbase. If it's gonna have the store, give out -real- rewards people will enjoy for more than 5 minutes.

~ On a Hardcore server you will not be able to enter a dungeon if your level is more than 4 levels higher than the base challenge rating. ("Base" means the challenge rating on Normal difficulty.) This feature didn't make it onto Lamannia. (To be precise, the feature on Lamannia is actually bugged and will only restrict you from re-entering over level.)

Sev~
    Keep in mind, if this is implemented, people like me are less likely to go to the server and spend copious amounts of real money to acquire the cosmetics, as we have no other reason to participate . Anything which keeps people like me from making this terrible experience less terrible to acquire the cosmetics will be less inclined to participate and spend real money. I have no desire to participate for the competition which I find inane.

If you put ridiculous artificial limitations such as this to keep me from gaining the cosmetics, I will not be participating, and not spending money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-u-r-eye View Post
    What is the dev's philosophy about "pay to progress" features on a hardcore server?

Just popping into say that my initial very happy interest in this is a big downer unless we take a look at how the store is going to interact with our sense of community on the server. Pay to progress reduces the motivations of anyone who would be interested in HARDCORE. This link is a thread where I and others explain ourselves about this.

I strongly feel that restriction of some purchasable progression and power needs to be restricted to maintain the philosophy behind hardcore play.

Cheers and love

Well, things like experience potions will help with reaper experience but won't matter much for favor. Since you can't run a quest if you are over 4 levels above the base level getting experience faster won't matter much. The safe method for getting favor is to get 4 levels over a quest by running normal and hard and then running elite once you are 4 levels over (e.g. running all level 1 quest on elite at level 5, level 2 quests at level 6, level 3 quests at level 7, etc.). Doing that however will get you less reaper experience (assuming you are running reaper at all).

There is a lot to consider, but as in any free to play game, the more money you spend the more advantages you can expect to have. Playing on the hardcore server without spending any money is going to be more about personal satisfaction and accomplishment, not dominating the leader boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

Please don't besmirch the good name of Whale Boards. They are quite lovely, and took a skilled craftsman a long time and effort to create. Thank you for your consideration.
    Rofl, love that board.

No one is even mentioning the Silver/Gold rolls... These rolls have the chance at giving players..

-XP pots
    -XP stones
    -Buffs such as, Tomes, Jewels of Fortunes, Store Healing
    -Sentient XP

All someone has to do is swipe their credit card and its basically GG for anyone whos just buying VIP. The leaderboard will be full of whales, not full of people devoting 16 hours a day to play the game they are supposed to enjoy. If DDO is going to introduce a competitive league. REMOVE the DDO store of anything that is considered a boost in progression, remove silver/gold rolls, remove expansion benefits such as teleportations, hireling, as well as xp bonuses. Remove the bonuses that VIP gets aside from the ability to play on the server.

This is a pay to win competition, and it is honestly laughable. Ya'll are trying to do what Path of Exile and Diablo 3 does, at least they have the decency to not include pay to win mechanics... Heck, Diablo 3 even removed their player market.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call

~ The leaderboards are only for Total Favor and Reaper XP. There is no competition based on normal XP; only a static prize for reaching level 20.

~ For Favor runs, you won't be able to level past the content and then go back for easy favor. You won't be able to enter the dungeons. If you allow yourself to out level dungeons then you won't be able to access them and that favor will no longer be possible to obtain. This might hurt your chances to be in the top leaderboard totals later on.

~ For Reaper XP, you are going to have to make a determination of how you will accumulate it. Will you rush to end game where the quests give more Reaper XP but are much harder and much more likely to kill you? Or will you play it safer and build up Reaper XP on lower levels. Again, you won't be able to level and run lower level dungeons; the code will prevent you from entering them.

Sev~

What about the elephant in the room, the store? Will we be able to buy endless mana and sovereigns healing pots? How about stat tomes, and xp pots? Or even re rolling classes at certain power levels?

Also, will there be leaderboards separate for favor and reaper, is it some function of the two?

Default Over 4 levels

As for the whole 4 level over semantic... This is still vulnerable to pay to win... Someone can easily swipe their credit card for 4 levels, smash all the content 4 levels behind them... Swipe their credit card for more levels, run content that is 4 levels behind them... Rinse and repeat... This whole thing has a lot of holes in it.

Default The only thing hardcore is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Welcome to the Hardcore League Preview. This preview will be open until sometime in the evening of Thursday 8/8/19.

This preview build contains all changes from the Multi-Patch/Update preview, however, the server has been set up to mimic (with exceptions written in this color) the Hardcore League experience when it goes live. This means that the Test Dojo will not be available to players and that players may not transfer characters from live (Note: Lord Poincelot has been placed in the Eberron Hall of Heroes to allow access to items in the DDO store just like players will have access to on the Hardcore League Server). This combination of factors would make providing good feedback on any feature other than Hardcore League very difficult and, as a result, we are not necessarily going to bog this thread down with full release notes again. You can find a list of systems changes between the Multi-Patch/Update preview and this Hardcore League preview in this thread here but please use this thread to provide feedback on Hardcore League specifically.

The Hardcore League server is exactly the same as a normal live server in all ways except for the following:

• Only 1 Life per Character: Character death on the Hardcore server during the league will be permanent. It doesn’t matter how you die; normal play, one shots, lag, disconnects, earthquakes, power outages, acts of god, ninja attacks on your play area – whatever the reason, character death is permanent during the league. When a character dies on the Hardcore server they enter a nether realm where they exist only as a spirit. They can not be resurrected by any means. No Resurrection Shrines, no Resurrection spells, no spirit cakes, no jack jibbers blades, nothing will bring your character back to life.
    • Mortality, the Rewards NPC: At various places in the game world you can find a new NPC named "Mortality". Mortality will grant cosmetic rewards to characters that have passed specific benchmarks. These rewards, once unlocked on a character on the Hardcore League Season server will be available for all characters on that account on all servers (The rewards will only apply to the specific character that turns them in on the preview server). The benchmarks and their rewards are as follows:
      • Reaching a Total Favor of 1750 - Eyes of Darkness cosmetic (For the preview this has been temporarily reduced to 100 Total Favor)
      • Reaching a Total Favor of 5000 - Bloody Footprints cosmetic (For the preview this has been temporarily reduced to 1000 Total Favor)
      • Gaining 10 Reaper Enhancement Points - Special Cosmetic Cloak (For the preview this has been temporarily reduced to 1 Reaper Enhancement Point)
      • Gaining 20 Reaper Enhancement Points - Special Cosmetic Cloak (For the preview this has been temporarily reduced to 2 Reaper Enhancement Points)
      • Reaching character level 20 - Blood Reaper Pet (For the preview this has been temporarily reduced to character level 5)
    • Leaderboards: Mortality also allows viewing access to view leaderboards for the Hardcore League Server. These leaderboards will display the top 100 living characters with the most Total Favor and Reaper Enhancement Points. If a character dies they will be removed from both leaderboards.
    • No Characters from other servers: Players are not allowed to transfer characters from other servers to the Hardcore League Server.
    • Level 1 Iconic Characters: All Iconic Races created will spawn in their usual starting areas but will then be transported to the beach on Korthos and not given experience to level past level 1.
    • No Vet Status Characters: All characters created on accounts with Veteran Status will spawn on the veteran status airship, as usual, but will then be transported to the beach on Korthos and not given experience to level past level 1.
    • VIP Required: The Hardcore League Season server can only be accessed by VIP accounts. (The preview of Hardcore League can be accessed by all accounts, no VIP required)
    • Death is Announced: World Broadcasts are sent when higher level characters die. (Exact level this starts at is yet to be decided.)

Other than those differences the Hardcore League server will be identical to a normal live server.

We look forward to your feedback once you've had a chance to give it a try!

Known Issues
    • Mortality currently only allows 1 character to talk to them at a time. To compensate, we have spawned many in the Eberron Hall of Heroes.
    • The Cosmetic Cloak rewards are currently just copies of the Masterminds of Sharn cosmetic cloaks.
    So I love the idea of hardcore however i have not played in a while ... My main I put a lot of time into and if I wanted to feel like that warforged vip in the bank quest as. A VIP. My question is, is it not possible to get a print of my character with all its current past lives to start a new life on this server 1 time and if he/she dies then thats it and you have to roll a new toon.

Tldr hardcore sounds great
    Tomake it 10 out of 10 for me let me get one life with all the pastlives and 36pt build of my main

If we cant have this happen coukd I get an answerable or why it is unbalanced or unfair since we have put in the time... Thanks
    MR.Skull 6th life The origional 18fighter 2monk
    Argo home of the true winner of ddo.

Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Or even re rolling classes at certain power levels?
    I hadn't even thought about that tbh... Certain classes are more powerful than other classes at certain levels. More pay to win nonsense.

Sev~
    OMG Sev, you really want my money.
    In all seriousness though, THANK YOU! You don't hear that enough from me but I also want to be sincere. I appreciate what you and your team are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Closing the shroud raid would prevent a team of four epic player from farming parts 1 thru 3 in order to craft a greensteel clickie (such as haste or displacement), which would be one reason to leave the shroud open for business. The likelihood of a person actually reaching shroud levels and not knowing part five will destroy your character is very low, because there will be so many other traps to fall to before hand...even smaller the likelihood of said person gathering 11 other players to join such a raid for completion.
    I totally forgot about farming it for Tier II clickies. Hmmm...point made.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    Cocomajobo, are you sure the Preview reduced: [100] Total Favour, reward tier is working correctly? As I never received the "Eyes of Darkness" cosmetic for getting to 100 total Favour after talking to the NPCs

I presume the "Leader Boards" are not fully functional on Lamannia. Because all I saw, was an empty unpopulated window.

What I did notice when most people died they didn't seem to return later on, upon a Character with a similar name, etc. Possibly, it might give some people a "reality check". ;-)
    Heh, I saw a few names of 'renowned' forumites (of course, could be anyone using the same name) that died then logged off.

The 100 favor cosmetic eyes is not a cosmetic item, but a feat that you toggle. Check your feats (at the moment, the feat in question is called "Death Watches You").

Huh, my leaderboards show up fine. strange. (surprised my character is still near the top after, you know, sleeping last night lol... though it is just the preview so much less people... but dang 1st place is MILES ahead)

(as of 5pm EST day 2 of preview)

ALSO: is there any chance the known bug of the cosmetic cloaks not making it into the preview being remedied before this goes properly live? It really sucks not being able to know what those prizes actually are/look like.
    Last edited by vryxnr; 08-07-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmeth View Post
    You know, the Shroud was changed such that if you click exactly on the center you will become immune to death for the next hour
    +1 lol

It is far more likely that someone will log in before having coffee (or tea) in the morning and sleepily partially forget what server they are logged into.

That and the fact that I don't like running all the way to korthos or the hall of heroes just to peek at the leaderboard makes me recommend that the new death npc be place at the entrance to every major public instance.

Thank you.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast