Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Do effects that prevent death, such as divine intervention from warpriest, still function and allow the 'killed' person to survive?

Community Member QueenOfTheHook's Avatar

Okay, so I assume that the Land of Souls is supposed to be in that hideously pink/purple world, but if you decide to see what it will do when you swap to Forgotten Realms instead of logging straight back in (and I am going to just guess that if you die in Forgotten Realms that it will work in the opposite), then you end up with a much cooler death location.

Why not make it so if you use a store item on your Hardcore PC, you don't get to be on the leaderboard? Also turn off Daily Dice for the Hardcore Mode. Save yourselves the headache of trying to make two separate items so using a Daily Dice reward doesn't flag this, plus people shouldn't get RNG Daily Dice fluke luck, or be encouraged to spend shards to bypass the store flagging you as 'non-leaderboard'.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    And I say again that, despite Cordovan saying that people just won't run Shroud - y'all should just close Shroud on that server if that's the case. Somebody won't get the memo. It will happen at some point, human nature almost guarantees it. Somebody is going to think that since it's an unavoidable raid mechanic, the game can't possibly penalize you for just running the raid. And then when they do get penalized for it, there will be very bad feelings.

And while it would be hilarious for bystanders like me... Claims could be made that if y'all knew this in advance and didn't take steps, than y'all are culpable in those character deaths and those players' progression ending.

I have no horse in this race at all. I just think it's kinda sketchy to acknowledge there is a problem - but not do anything about it. It's not like there is going to be any raid loot or crafting coming out of it anyways - right? So closing Shroud would be a wash in the grand scheme of things.
    Nah, leave it. When the server is about to close everyone can go on a suicide Shroud run

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Falkyron View Post
    Do effects that prevent death, such as divine intervention from warpriest, still function and allow the 'killed' person to survive?
    If you never die, then you're not ever dead, I would imagine. Unconscious is not dead.

Is there any other mechanics besides DI that actually prevent you from going below -9 HP though?

Community Member

increased unconscious range is slightly different mechanic but it can probably help as well
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Unconscious...consciousness:

2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber

Default Hope You Purchased the Expansions Too

Tons of goodies in there. Learning tomes, skill tomes, 50% xp pots...
    Griglok (main)- Cleric (TRing), Duelcore- Wiz 18/FvS 2, Embezzler- Rogue, Fiergen- Ftr 8/Rgr 6/Mnk 6, Greyhead- monk, Havegun- Ftr 2/Pal 18, Jayberwocky- Ftr 8/Mnk 12, Laciolux- Clr 16/FvS 4, Prototech- Artificer, Rendorc- Barbarian, Seasharp- Bard
    Leader- The Casual Obsession ___Khyber___

I'm currently a premium player, but I still went and tried this out...Unfortunately I was only able to open quests on normal, so there wasn't much challenge to it. I ran half of the Korthos quests before getting bored and quitting. I re-ran one quest a couple of times to open elite but that was boring re-rerunning the same quest. I can see why VIP is needed to play. Having said that, I really think:
    1) For a Hardcore League, at a minimum require that quests are opened at least on hard. There's not much of a hardcore challenge running a quest on normal (or casual if that's even still a thing).
    2) For a premium player playing on the test server, please allow elite to be opened, or auto-grant a bunch of those elite open items, or are we given points for free on the test server? I didn't think to check until just now.
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Also, any chance there can be leaderboards by class and race? That'll encourage more variety in builds, not just have everyone running the same hyper-meta.
    This is a fun idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

I also agree that leaderboards you can sort by class/race would be very fun
    You can run level cap quests for epic xp, but you can't run non-level cap quests for RXP when you're capped.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, pre-sharn sorc, Ghallanda

Well, that just made this a Pay2Win-Board.

Inclusion of Store, Shared Bank, and AH just made the leader board a whale board. I am all in for those of you with lots of money to throw it at SSG just to see your name on a virtual billboard for a few weeks.

But not me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Welcome to the Hardcore Spender League Preview.
    Fixed that for you.
    A little snark, no vitriol.
    (with credit to HungarianRhapsody)

Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by DrowsworD View Post
    a whale board.

Please don't besmirch the good name of Whale Boards. They are quite lovely, and took a skilled craftsman a long time and effort to create. Thank you for your consideration.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

rofl that whale board is epic
    You can run level cap quests for epic xp, but you can't run non-level cap quests for RXP when you're capped.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, pre-sharn sorc, Ghallanda

Cocomajobo, are you sure the Preview reduced: [100] Total Favour, reward tier is working correctly? As I never received the "Eyes of Darkness" cosmetic for getting to 100 total Favour after talking to the NPCs

[...] Reaching a Total Favor of 1750 - Eyes of Darkness cosmetic (For the preview this has been temporarily reduced to 100 Total Favor) ...
    I presume the "Leader Boards" are not fully functional on Lamannia. Because all I saw, was an empty unpopulated window.

[...] Leaderboards: Mortality also allows viewing access to view leaderboards for the Hardcore League Server. These leaderboards will display the top 100 living characters with the most Total Favor and Reaper Enhancement Points. If a character dies they will be removed from both leaderboards. ...

Leader Board not populating...

For the benefit of anyone who hasn't managed to reach Level 5, on Lamannia I've provided a Screenshot of the: Blood Reaper Creature companion.

Down where the Reaper is walking alone. Singing a death knell, clapping along.

I noticed a lot of people seemed to be dying around 'Character Level 4' and it appeared that some of the World Broadcasts; were out of synchronisation and repeated themselves several minutes later, etc.

It was quite comical when a lot of the deaths were Hireling names. Therefore I suspect people were "purposely" letting their Hires get killed for amusement to spam the announcement Channels.

The "You get: One Life only" server would have been a better description rather than "Hardcore". It was quite easy to level-up as you can abuse the levelling system (P2W) if you have access to Astral Shards or DDO Points, etc.

The Auction House already has several pages of low level items; the Lamannia server overall, is probably busier than Wayfinder at the current time.

What I did notice when most people died they didn't seem to return later on, upon a Character with a similar name, etc. Possibly, it might give some people a "reality check". ;-)
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 08-07-2019 at 01:52 PM. Reason: A hideous game vanishes in the air.

@ Cocomojobo -

o What is the fate of characters/accounts on the Preview? Can they be transferred? Will they get wiped before August 16? Will Characters, and/or items in the Lama' Shared Bank, still be there come the next (non-HardCore) Lama incarnation?

o Will account items (like hirelings/etc.) that are lost (via death) in the preview be replaced when the event goes live?

o (Edit) The "account wide" rewards are not showing up on other Servers - is this WAI for the preview?

Btw, enjoying this change from the usual, thanks!

On Lamannia you can get free DDO Points from NPC Lord Poincelot: https://ddowiki.com/page/Lamannia#Store_Points. For this preview he's in the Hall of Heroes (as the 'Test Dojo' has been closed for Inventory).

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmeth View Post
    [...] I'm currently a premium player, but I still went and tried this out...Unfortunately I was only able to open quests on normal, so there wasn't much challenge to it. ...
    Use the DDO "Preview Store" on Lamannia to purchase the: Elite Difficulty Unlock item, that way you can unlock quests on Elite and it won't cost you anything. Of course when the Event hits the "live official server" you CANNOT participate unless you have a valid VIP subscription.

Community Member

leaderboard worked for me yesterday

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    @ Cocomojobo -

o What is the fate of characters/accounts on the Preview? Can they be transferred? Will they get wiped before August 16? Will Characters, and/or items in the Lama' Shared Bank, still be there come the next (non-HardCore) Lama incarnation?

o Will account items (like hirelings/etc.) that are lost (via death) in the preview be replaced when the event goes live?

o (Edit) The "account wide" rewards are not showing up on other Servers - is this WAI for the preview?

Btw, enjoying this change from the usual, thanks!
    The preview is simply that: A preview. When the Hardcore League actually opens everyone will be starting fresh. We will not be transferring characters from the Lamannia preview server to the Hardcore League server.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    On Lamannia you can get free DDO Points from NPC Lord Poincelot: https://ddowiki.com/page/Lamannia#Store_Points. For this preview he's in the Hall of Heroes (as the 'Test Dojo' has been closed for Inventory).

Use the DDO "Preview Store" on Lamannia to purchase the: Elite Difficulty Unlock item, that way you can unlock quests on Elite and it won't cost you anything. Of course when the Event hits the "live official server" you CANNOT participate unless you have a valid VIP subscription.
    Sweet, thanks! Also, I'm aware that you need to be VIP to run the real event. I'm waiting to see what the cosmetics look like before I spend the money to go VIP. It seems like a cool event though.
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast