Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Well, here is another reason for me not to join in on the HCPD. This would be/will be super annoying.

I remember when failing the Reaver raid would trigger a broadcast - and it sucked. For everyone. A lot. It was applauded when it was removed, and I think it's really a bad call to bring such a thing back.
    I think I shall name all my characters “This Party”

Wow you really have boosted reapers on reaper 1. Two hits and your dead. This is a bit OTT at level 4. At this rate i wont even bother with reaper at all when this goes live.

Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    Wow you really have boosted reapers on reaper 1. Two hits and your dead. This is a bit OTT at level 4. At this rate i wont even bother with reaper at all when this goes live.
    ‘Is the first life character a factor at all? Also now that you get rxp 2 levels above it seems you would be running level 2s at level 4 and so maybe reapers are scaled higher for that reason.
    Last edited by slarden; 08-06-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

The fact that you put the full ddo store and all of the purchasable bells and whistles on it makes this a not-at-all-hardcore server from my perspective. I was very excited to start. Now I’ll run up to 100 favor for the ddo points and abandon it forever.

If other people want to throw money at a 90 day character, that’s fine, but I want to see a leaderboard of skill, or a leaderboard of who paid the most cash.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    The fact that you put the full ddo store and all of the purchasable bells and whistles on it makes this a not-at-all-hardcore server from my perspective. I was very excited to start. Now I’ll run up to 100 favor for the ddo points and abandon it forever.

If other people want to throw money at a 90 day character, that’s fine, but I want to see a leaderboard of skill, or a leaderboard of who paid the most cash.
    I've seen a few people make this argument but it makes no sense to me. The rewards are for earning 10-20 reaper points, favor in 1 life and reaching level 20.

The goalpost isn't exactly hard to reach. If you spend a bunch of money up front you can still get one shot and kicked out of the even and now you have a an expensive fairly unaccomplished character that can't do anything and isn't worth moving. Whose gonna spend that money? It makes no difference to me what they allow or don't allow, but a bigger issue than store items to me is farming. I hope all quests are limited to one run per day on the hardcore server.

Default So no heroic Shroud?

What happens if someone dies in heroic shroud... Everyone will die because that is a mechanic... So... No heroic greensteel then?
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I've seen a few people make this argument but it makes no sense to me. The rewards are for earning 10-20 reaper points, favor in 1 life and reaching level 20.

The goalpost isn't exactly hard to reach. If you spend a bunch of money up front you can still get one shot and kicked out of the even and now you have a an expensive fairly unaccomplished character that can't do anything and isn't worth moving. Whose gonna spend that money? It makes no difference to me what they allow or don't allow, but a bigger issue than store items to me is farming. I hope all quests are limited to one run per day on the hardcore server.
    It's primarily an issue if you take the "leaderboard" serious. I wouldn't be on that level anyway, so whatever, but if one did those boosts would make a big difference in who can get the most rxp. Even from the outside though it would be a more interesting competition to watch if the playing field was even. Also, it's not just about spending new money. With the right unlocks you can start every character with 32pt build, a lesser tome of learning, +1 racial AP, +1 Universal AP, skill tomes, and probably other stuff I don't have. That's a pretty big advantage before even spending a point on a new character.

For farming what's your concern exactly? Farming low risk quests for xp? Or is there some new RXP farm quest that's worth running a gazillion times a day? Or just quickly grinding out good gear?
    Sabbath - Sarlona

Community Member

I think the concept is pretty cool. I can't see myself really spending DP on a toon that's going to be deleted in 90 days. Maybe some would? The leaderboard would definitely be more interesting if the playing field was leveled in terms of any p2w type items. Probably previous account unlocks too, though eliminating both of those things would only leave the f2p classes and races.

I suppose it will still be an interesting experiment even if those things are in play. It's a gamble for someone who chooses to spend DP on tomes & the like. You could blow all kinds of DP and be wiped by server lag in the next quest. That's happened to everyone here at one time or another, right? Absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Hopefully at least Otto boxes won't be offered during the window, or not offered on the hardcore server.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    The Hardcore League server is exactly the same as a normal live server in all ways except for the following:

• Only 1 Life per Character: Character death on the Hardcore server during the league will be permanent. It doesn’t matter how you die; normal play, one shots, lag, disconnects, earthquakes, power outages, acts of god, ninja attacks on your play area – whatever the reason, character death is permanent during the league. When a character dies on the Hardcore server they enter a nether realm where they exist only as a spirit. They can not be resurrected by any means. No Resurrection Shrines, no Resurrection spells, no spirit cakes, no jack jibbers blades, nothing will bring your character back to life.

Other than those differences the Hardcore League server will be identical to a normal live server.
    So the no-deaths thing is really the only thing making it "hardcore"? So, other than disallowing spells like Reincarnate & Resurrection, it's a whole lot less hardcore than most permadeath rulesets, which often restrict things like twinking, buying gear, the level you run stuff at, quest re-entry, use of rest shrines, who you can group with, DDO Store purchases, and on and on.

Level 1 Iconic Characters: All Iconic Races created will spawn in their usual starting areas but will then be transported to the beach on Korthos and not given experience to level past level 1.
    Are Iconic characters forced to be a specific class at level 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Are Iconic characters forced to be a specific class at level 1?
    Just like on live, an Iconic hero does not have a choice as to what their first class level will be upon character creation. That is inherent to how the backbone of Iconics are set up. The only difference on the Hardcore League server is that Iconics are not granted experience to level to 15 immediately and are transported to the same starting area as non-Iconic characters.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    What happens if someone dies in heroic shroud... Everyone will die because that is a mechanic... So... No heroic greensteel then?
    The Shroud will kill your character. No matter how a character is killed on the Hardcore League server that death is permanent. (Though you can transfer the character off the server onto a regular live server where they will be alive again as per the normal DDO ruleset)
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

The Shroud will kill your character. No matter how a character is killed on the Hardcore League server that death is permanent.
    And I say again that, despite Cordovan saying that people just won't run Shroud - y'all should just close Shroud on that server if that's the case. Somebody won't get the memo. It will happen at some point, human nature almost guarantees it. Somebody is going to think that since it's an unavoidable raid mechanic, the game can't possibly penalize you for just running the raid. And then when they do get penalized for it, there will be very bad feelings.

And while it would be hilarious for bystanders like me... Claims could be made that if y'all knew this in advance and didn't take steps, than y'all are culpable in those character deaths and those players' progression ending.

I have no horse in this race at all. I just think it's kinda sketchy to acknowledge there is a problem - but not do anything about it. It's not like there is going to be any raid loot or crafting coming out of it anyways - right? So closing Shroud would be a wash in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by Memnir; 08-06-2019 at 08:27 PM.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-u-r-eye View Post
    It's a point of pride when you die at a high level... ...assuming you didn't P2W to get there... ...then it feels sour.
    Agreed, I like it - reminds everyone of their "mortality", and that we're all in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-u-r-eye View Post
    That's whole problem with how the store interacts with a Hardcore community. You don't want some silly boi gold rolling to 20 and then getting all his favor---then bragging and feeling good about how he got ahead of everyone else.
    Well, somebody wanted to be a silly boi - about 3 hours after it went live, there was a Lvl 20 'lock in the game. Whatever.

[*]
    • Death is Announced: World Broadcasts are sent when higher level characters die. (Exact level this starts at is yet to be decided.)
    Cue Hunger Games cannon shots and also the end of day "The Fallen" theme...

Last edited by Arkat; 08-06-2019 at 08:42 PM.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post

The leaderboard IS the goalpost. The trinkets you get for hitting the cosmetic breakpoints are just trinkets. This is the first leaderboard DDO has ever had. On a server that is advertising itself as "Hardcore". But it's still going to be heavily weighted toward the whales.

It's okay that this issue doesn't make sense to you. You can enjoy the "Hardcode" server as much as you want to. Have a ball. You do you, bro. But I'm disappointed and I won't be supporting it with my time or money.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I have no horse in this race at all. I just think it's kinda sketchy to acknowledge there is a problem - but not do anything about it.

Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    It's primarily an issue if you take the "leaderboard" serious. I wouldn't be on that level anyway, so whatever, but if one did those boosts would make a big difference in who can get the most rxp. Even from the outside though it would be a more interesting competition to watch if the playing field was even. Also, it's not just about spending new money. With the right unlocks you can start every character with 32pt build, a lesser tome of learning, +1 racial AP, +1 Universal AP, skill tomes, and probably other stuff I don't have. That's a pretty big advantage before even spending a point on a new character.

For farming what's your concern exactly? Farming low risk quests for xp? Or is there some new RXP farm quest that's worth running a gazillion times a day? Or just quickly grinding out good gear?
    '

I wouldn't say I am concerned - I don't really care much about the leader boards.

Farming the easiest quests is the best way to earn rxp without risk of dying. Nothing you can do with the store can match this but of course potions on top of that is even better.

So...

-DDO Lag wont be fixed
    -Devs are ignoring game mechanics that forcibly kill the character

On top of both of those... You are expecting people to pay for VIP for this game mode?

Yeah... This game mode will fail.
    Last edited by banjo174; 08-06-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call

Community Member

It's a shame that "dead" characters can't access the shared bank.
    It makes BtA items as lot less useful, especially the permanent gold seal hireling contract that you only get one of.
    Originally this wasn't a big deal, as you can transfer it if you have the shared bank (and that was easier for the Devs to not change it so each character got one)

Community Member

It's a seriously terrible idea to have all the boost and progression goodies in the store. In what way is that hardcore? I get that this isn't permadeath, but it's pretty freaking easy to make a toon that won't die if you have access to all the stuff.

Instead of having everyone start and compete on an even playing field, which was the draw for a lot of people, you definitely made the competition literally pay to win.
    A little snark, no vitriol.
    (with credit to HungarianRhapsody)

Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast