Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Leaderboards: Mortality also allows viewing access to view leaderboards for the Hardcore League Server. These leaderboards will display the top 100 living characters with the most Total Favor and Reaper Enhancement Points. If a character dies they will be removed from both leaderboards.
    Is there some reason dead toons don't stay on the leaderboard with whatever they earned? Just mark them with an asterisk so that everyone knows. I would like to know who has gotten the most favor/rxp, not just who has the most out of the toons that are currently alive.

Are you intended to get all pre-order bonuses and first time server bonuses when this is actually implemented? Also, if this is a multi-season thing, will you get those first time bonuses each time the server reopens? Asking because I was somewhat surprised to have Elieri, a bunch of potions, a heroic tome of learning, and some other goodies.
    Dazling of Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Blastyswa View Post
    Are you intended to get all pre-order bonuses and first time server bonuses when this is actually implemented?
    Yes. The Hardcore League Server is exactly the same as a live server except for the points listed in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastyswa View Post
    Also, if this is a multi-season thing, will you get those first time bonuses each time the server reopens?
    Unclear at this time. That's a bridge we will cross IF a second Hardcore League Season becomes a reality. I suspect, based on how those rewards are set up and the likelihood that we will be using the same server (with a database wipe) that the first time bonuses will only ever be a thing on the person in questions first Hardcore season, but that is only educated speculation.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

[*]Leaderboards: Mortality also allows viewing access to view leaderboards for the Hardcore League Server. These leaderboards will display the top 100 living characters with the most Total Favor and Reaper Enhancement Points. If a character dies they will be removed from both leaderboards.
    I'm doubtful how the Total Favor leaderboard will work for a 90 day server. Getting a character to endgame shouldn't be too much of a problem, once you get "over the hump" around L15 or so, definitely by L20, you can just cruise to 30 in content that's relatively trivial and minimum-risk, especially with a party. At that point, you're just doing quests on HE for the favor at L30. Everyone's VIP, so everyone has all quests (assuming everyone's going to have expansions too), and 90 days is more than enough time to knock out all of them.

What's going to set the leaderboard apart, then? There's only a handful of Epic-only quests, and EE (max favor) isnt even a challenge for a lot of vets. It seems like the only favor that's not a "gimme" is maybe epic-only EE raids. So the top 100 spots in the leaderboard will eventually just come down to who can beat THTH on Hard, since that's the only one where EE is not a routine completion for veteran raiders.

The favor leaderboard will effectively be a raiderboard. At least the Reaper leaderboard doesnt have a cap, so anyone could theoretically challenge on it

Also, any chance there can be leaderboards by class and race? That'll encourage more variety in builds, not just have everyone running the same hyper-meta.

Community Member

Default Season's Pass

I don't think I saw this anywhere, but do Season's Pass holder get daily gold rolls on the Hardcore server as well?

Unclear at this time. That's a bridge we will cross IF a second Hardcore League Season becomes a reality. I suspect, based on how those rewards are set up and the likelihood that we will be using the same server (with a database wipe) that the first time bonuses will only ever be a thing on the person in questions first Hardcore season, but that is only educated speculation.
    As I understand it, that makes things... problematic, given the stated goals of HCL.

Afaiu, if a HCL character dies, they are then immediately locked out from the Shared Bank. That means that things like permanent hires are lost, and lost to future HCL builds.

(I HOPE this isn't the case on Lamannia!)

I suppose that could be seen as a decision for each player to make, but if(?) you want to be "as close to live as possible", the next HCL toon should enjoy access to those permanent hires, at least. That's how the Live account is set up, that's what they paid for. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Dragonsbane View Post
    I don't think I saw this anywhere, but do Season's Pass holder get daily gold rolls on the Hardcore server as well?
    Yes. The Hardcore League Server is exactly the same as a live server except for the points listed in the OP.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

What is the dev's philosophy about "pay to progress" features on a hardcore server?

Just popping into say that my initial very happy interest in this is a big downer unless we take a look at how the store is going to interact with our sense of community on the server. Pay to progress reduces the motivations of anyone who would be interested in HARDCORE. This link is a thread where I and others explain ourselves about this.

I strongly feel that restriction of some purchasable progression and power needs to be restricted to maintain the philosophy behind hardcore play.

Cheers and love
    Last edited by Sam-u-r-eye; 08-06-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    You can run level cap quests for epic xp, but you can't run non-level cap quests for RXP when you're capped.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, pre-sharn sorc, Ghallanda

[*]Death is Announced: World Broadcasts are sent when higher level characters die. (Exact level this starts at is yet to be decided.)
    Well, here is another reason for me not to join in on the HCPD. This would be/will be super annoying.

I remember when failing the Reaver raid would trigger a broadcast - and it sucked. For everyone. A lot. It was applauded when it was removed, and I think it's really a bad call to bring such a thing back.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Oh, I like the world broadcasts when someone dies
    Sabbath - Sarlona

Me to. It's a point of pride when you die at a high level... ...assuming you didn't P2W to get there... ...then it feels sour.
    That's whole problem with how the store interacts with a Hardcore community. You don't want some silly boi gold rolling to 20 and then getting all his favor---then bragging and feeling good about how he got ahead of everyone else.
    You can run level cap quests for epic xp, but you can't run non-level cap quests for RXP when you're capped.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, pre-sharn sorc, Ghallanda

I like the idea itself, but given how unbalanced this game is and that this extra server will spread out the playerbase even more, i dislike it.

Community Member

Thumbs down

Was DEFINITELY more interested when I hoped all the P2W aspects would be disabled.

Community Member

Notes:

Make sure hireling deaths don't trigger the world notice. (it does right now)

Also, my bladeforged got armor instead of a docent in the grotto.

Leaving a quest on reaper mode when low hps kills you when you lose the reaper hp.
    Last edited by Cantor; 08-08-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Community Member

Can the devs post pictures of the cosmetic rewards?

If you want more participation, be transparent with the rewards. Also, if nobody likes them, now is the time to find out, not 3 months from now.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

Community Member

Lol, I know how this is going to go. Otto's miraculous box of favor, on sale this week only. 20 favor for $50. Buy as many as you can to secure your spot on the leaderboards.

No thanks. I was excited about the idea and would have gladly paid for access to that server Even in addition to a regular subscription or premium account. But with otto's boxes and astral shards and other ceilingless P2W **** in the store, nope

Each character should be earning and buying their own items not getting 'sugar daddy' boosters.
    Remove access to share bank, trade windows, and mail to block the transfer of plat and items (curb that plat farmer opening before it has a chance to fester)
    limit transactions to vendors, AH and in chest.

Lag death is really going to be the back breaker for ongoing playability..
    I can see my first lag death being followed by [expletives] and alt-F4. done with hardcore server... back to regular rezzing game play.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cantor View Post
    Also, my bladeforged got armor instead of a docent in the grotto.
    Did you get the crate of gear that iconics can open when they reach L15?

Bounty Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-u-r-eye View Post
    What is the dev's philosophy about "pay to progress" features on a hardcore server?

Just popping into say that my initial very happy interest in this is a big downer unless we take a look at how the store is going to interact with our sense of community on the server. Pay to progress reduces the motivations of anyone who would be interested in HARDCORE. This link is a thread where I and others explain ourselves about this.

I strongly feel that restriction of some purchasable progression and power needs to be restricted to maintain the philosophy behind hardcore play.

Cheers and love
    I think store items should be looked at but a bigger issue would be only allowing quests to be completed once per day so there is no farming. This is a much bigger issue than even the largest xp pots.

I am gonna have to see a preview of the cosmetics before I decide if I will try this or not
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast