Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post

2. The rewards do not appeal hugely. There is part of the fan base who like cosmetics, but not eveyone finds them appealing. I completely agree with the objective that the PD server should not be a must-do event, so making the rewards limited makes sense. Further, in a world where alts suck, making the rewards only apply to one character also sucks. This should be an account-base reward, because more than anything else, this is a measure of player achievement.

Other reward options include:

• TP: 5000 (30RP), 2000 (20 RP), 1000 TP (10RP) and 500TP for the favour.
    • per character 'helpful' gear: eg.
      • "Key to the Hall of Heroes" (Instant teleport to hall of heroes). Seems pretty appropriate.
      • Royal Guard Mask
      • Anything else that's not particularly useful IN quests
    An alternate way to farm up a few bonus DDO Points is slick and also a public place teleport item is also nice but not back breaking. These are really nice ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelOue View Post
    <<NOTE TO COCO, the hires gold seal, and airships with shards made me come into game with loads of ddo coin, I got 4 airships hopping around guilds. We could jelly cake hires, and still I only made it to level 3 2x. when we are allowed to transfer characters from lamania what will be limitations?>>
    We are not offering character transfers from Lamannia. Lamannia is specifically for previewing upcoming features. Nothing done in that environment impacts your live account.

Quote Originally Posted by Splunge View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought a spirit cake casts resurrection on you, which is supposed to bring you back from the dead. It makes sense that incapacitated isn't dead, but shouldn't that mean that a res spell doesn't work on you?
    The way spirit cakes work has not been changed for the Hardcore League. They bring you back from Unconsciousness in live currently. Whether they should do that by lore is an interesting question and not one I have an answer to. Can pose the question to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    Do you have to be alive in the game to qualify for the rewards - meaning if you die before speaking to Mortality after earning enough favor or reaper xp for a reward level do you still earn the reward?

When you die your name is removed from the list of favor and reaper xp in the game. Do you have to be alive in the game when it ends after 90 days to make the final list?

You need to be alive in order to speak to Mortality, the rewards NPC and claim your rewards, yes. Once you speak to Mortality and claim your reward death will not remove the reward from your character/account.

The rewards for leaderboard status at the end of the season requires that you be alive at the time the season ends.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    The rewards for leaderboard status at the end of the season requires that you be alive at the time the season ends.
    I may have missed it, but this is the first time I've heard mention of any rewards associated with the leaderboards. Not that I'm likely to appear on them, but just for the sake of curiosity, can you share what they are (or point me to the post)?

The way spirit cakes work has not been changed for the Hardcore League. They bring you back from Unconsciousness in live currently. Whether they should do that by lore is an interesting question and not one I have an answer to. Can pose the question to the team.
    That doesn't sound right. I have used a spirit cake many times to resurrect myself, but never to save myself from unconsciousness especially as you might regain consciousness anyways. From an application stand-point, it makes no sense to spend 195 store points at a minimum just to wake up from unconsciousness (at least until the hard league came along), but it can be worth the points if you just slogged through a long, tough quest and you need that extra chance to recover a wipe. Also, why would there be higher levels of spirit cakes if all's it did was wake you up?
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNiCd View Post
    I may have missed it, but this is the first time I've heard mention of any rewards associated with the leaderboards. Not that I'm likely to appear on them, but just for the sake of curiosity, can you share what they are (or point me to the post)?
    The top 100 winners of the two ladders will be immortalized in the Hall of Heroes with a plague featuring the character names. Looking around I don't currently see anywhere in writing on these forums that we have said that, however, it was covered in the press release given to media outlets as well as talked about in interviews like this one.

It will also be listed in announcement material when the actual server goes live, obviously. I apologize for mistakenly omitting this from my preview description.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

So far the main differences from the main server that I noticed:

Rez Cakes bring you out of incap.

Hires are useless if rezzed and must be resummoned after death.

Death is permanent.

Economy starts at zero.

Community Member

The top 100 winners of the two ladders will be immortalized in the Hall of Heroes with a plague featuring the character names. Looking around I don't currently see anywhere in writing on these forums that we have said that, however, it was covered in the press release given to media outlets as well as talked about in interviews like this one.

It will also be listed in announcement material when the actual server goes live, obviously. I apologize for mistakenly omitting this from my preview description.
    Ah, yep, those channels would not have reached me. Thanks for the clarification. Sounds cool/appropriate, and not anything a player should feel compelled to go store-spend-crazy over.

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

Immortalized with a plague? Like the "Creeping Red Scattle of Jackkil" or "Byrron's Rotting Pestilence"? At least they will stay in the Hall of Heroes but how does it keep from spreading?
    I guess it's better to be cursed than forgotten...
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. Bear in mind I'm probably trying to be humorous. Like dodge, it's hit or miss.// Looking for a guild on Orien? Send a tell to Magnifique to join the "Fidelic Brotherhood".

Cocomajobo, I'd suspect the Guild scene could be rather interesting... Would I be correct in assuming any "Dead Guild Leader" would still be able to recruit and manage people within a Guild?

Albeit notability the (Dead) would have issues interacting with any Airship and acquiring Airship Amenities, making purchases, etc. It would essentially force the deceased Leader to create another Character for such physical world purposes.

I bet PvP will be a popular pastime again, in The Wayward Lobster. ;-)

Aside: Really you guys should have run a Community Forum competition with 3 month VIP code where none VIP were only eligible to compete. Admittedly you couldn't guarantee they'd visit the "VIP Event Server". Albeit there is a high probability they would do, even if it was to earn some favour and experience the server.
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 08-09-2019 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Some need shattered glass lining their clothes.

I just had a thought...I think most people aren't going to make it to the targets that are set, and people will get killed off before then. If that happens, what if the next Hardcore event is that we pretend it's 2006 again: Level 10 is set as the max level and the objective that gets your name on the plaque and a cool cosmetic reward is that you are able to help kill Velah in VoN.
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    Aside: Really you guys should have run a Community Forum competition with 3 month VIP code where none VIP were only eligible to compete. Admittedly you couldn't guarantee they'd visit the "VIP Event Server". Albeit there is a high probability they would do, even if it was to earn some favour and experience the server.
    Or, offer a contest/random drawing with 1 month VIP codes, right before the HCPD server goes live. Just enough to get em hooked, and than continued participation requires payment.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    Cocomajobo, I'd suspect the Guild scene could be rather interesting... Would I be correct in assuming any "Dead Guild Leader" would still be able to recruit and manage people within a Guild?

Albeit notability the (Dead) would have issues interacting with any Airship and acquiring Airship Amenities, making purchases, etc. It would essentially force the deceased Leader to create another Character for such physical world purposes.
    I think I tried to log in with a limbo toon and could not on the test server.
    So, after running your first toon thru the grotto, highly recommend creating a safe toon for banking and guild leadership purposes.
    I was able to skip the korthos storyline on my 2nd toon created.

I bet PvP will be a popular pastime again, in The Wayward Lobster. ;-)
    I peeked in there and found the PVP pit (along with the entire tavern empty.
    I actually jumped down and looked around, no one attacked me.
    Then I left real quick.
    Interesting.

Ahh, so I get it, we pay your company to put our name on a plaque in your game. Nice, pay to win models are very nice for a game company bottom line. Case in point,
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Interesting, I went incapacitated just now, and clicked on the get spirit cake button.
    35 shards were spent and I went back to half health.
    Never done that before.

And I just got booted from the world.
    Great preview.
    As stated previously, this is the exact definition of a pay to win model. Those who are willing to spend cash will be able to claim the rewards.

Yes, I was basically meaning a promotion of some sort even if it was a reduced short Subscription, etc. Yeah, I didn't bother checking: "/death count" so was mildly curious regarding being "dead" and managing a Guild. The Grotto, has to be run the first time you play on a brand new server but after that it can be skipped.

Only 1 reward for favor? Reaper has 3. There are people that wont run reaper.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    Only 1 reward for favor? Reaper has 3. There are people that wont run reaper.
    Two. 1750 and 5000.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNiCd View Post
    Two. 1750 and 5000.
    If someone can get 5K favor they deserve more than a cosmetic.

It's hard enough to get that on any server right now,

Default lamania

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    For sure we can do this when it goes live. Good call.
    What would it take for me to get a docent for my warforged esthetic look https://ddowiki.com/page/File:Vaunt_Guard.jpg ??
    Thank you in advance for your consideration tu this style (Tron lighting paint (@Disney)) no BTC just BTA plz.
    JCOM on Ghallanda

no it's not, for example i have a 3rd lifer vl 21 toon (made to farm epic challenges, even if i don't run em XD) who has no EPL and 5k favor, and it has been that way since before ravenloft

i would say u can get 5k before hitting 20
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Member

I wouldn't want to see them hand out any character power as rewards since the event isn't going to be available premium players. I did like some of the non-questing, quality of life item ideas posted further up in the thread though. I'm not huge into cosmetics; inventory management is kinda the bane of DDO and cosmetics just add to it. Doubt there will be any reward changes at this point, though.

But yeah, I agree, in my experience, 5k favor isn't something that comes naturally leveling from 1-30. You have to go well out of your way to get it even with 3rd+ life XP requirements. To get it without dying once for any reason - I think it would be very challenging for me. Doubt I'll try for it.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast