Default Downtime Notice: Thursday, August 1st 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Thursday, August 1st from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you back in the game soon.

This downtime is to address the client startup issues being experienced by Mac users.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Thank you guys for working late and getting this taken care of.

Community Member

thank you! hbd to me
    Devilish and Barinid on Cannith

Community Member

Thanks guys.

Community Member

Default Update not working on windows 7 either

Using Windows 7 here. On launcher i am getting An update error occurred: Unknown error: 0xffffffff80043038. I tried to run as admin, to install patch without the antivirus, i repaired game data. And always that same error on the launcher. An update error occurred: Unknown error: 0xffffffff80043038. Then i have a 60 seconds retry which fails every time.

Just wanna post this before you start patching thinking the problem only happens on MAc. It does happen on Win 7 too. And everything was fine before that.

Thank you and good luck.

thanks!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Velenfein View Post
    Using Windows 7 here. On launcher i am getting An update error occurred: Unknown error: 0xffffffff80043038. I tried to run as admin, to install patch without the antivirus, i repaired game data. And always that same error on the launcher. An update error occurred: Unknown error: 0xffffffff80043038. Then i have a 60 seconds retry which fails every time.

Just wanna post this before you start patching thinking the problem only happens on MAc. It does happen on Win 7 too. And everything was fine before that.

Thank you and good luck.
    Windows 7 here, and things were still fine after that update. Not saying you're wrong and that 7 isn't a factor - but it isn't everyone with 7. Likely some sort of odd combination of things - hope it gets fixed for you with this morning's hotfix.

Default The game worlds have reopened.

The game worlds have reopened.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Got in just fine, thank you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    The client now just vanishes after logging in to world
    so still not working.

Community Member

Default Still not working on Windows 7. Launcher bug 0xffffffff80043038

It tries to update then at around 5% An update error ocurred: unknown error 0xffffffff80043038.

What i did so far: repair launcher, run as admin, disable firewalls + antivirus, system restore to an earlier date....

Question am i asking myself is: should i keep doing things on my side, or is the problem on yours?

Thanks.

Community Member

Default Mac working again

Working again on the Mac. Thanks for fixing it. Much appreciated.

Community Member lordnelson1001's Avatar

The fix is currently working for this user.

2016 MacBook Pro OS Mojave 10.14.5
    Steam install
    native client, not Wine
    Orien - Saarri / Ninxu

Community Member

Default Still not working on Windows 7. Launcher bug 0xffffffff80043038

Same thread from myself earlier, except that i've now tried to lauch the game from another computer at home. No success, same error: 0xffffffff80043038 I've unplugged my router and tried to connect directly from modem to computer: no success. I've tried connecting by wifi using my router: no success. I've finnally decided to reinstall everything. Only 12 gig so not that long. But still the same error. Launcher stuck with that 0xffffffff80043038 code. I've put a ticket at SSG support and waiting. Anyone else got that kind of problem?

Thanks !!

Community Member

Default Still doesnt work for me

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Thursday, August 1st from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you back in the game soon.

This downtime is to address the client startup issues being experienced by Mac users.

I'm a mac user and have higher specs than ddo wiki requirements and still having issues logging in

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliptus View Post
    I'm a mac user and have higher specs than ddo wiki requirements and still having issues logging in
    have you deleted your SSG preferences in the library?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5thDragon View Post
    have you deleted your SSG preferences in the library?
    I'm not sure I know how to do that on a mac? Any suggestions or links that could help me through process? Thanks in advance.