Thread: Project N

Default Project N

Full pug. Normal completion. Took a few tries to get it together. GJ guys!
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Full pug. Normal completion. Took a few tries to get it together. GJ guys!
    Member of Roving Guns

Thanks for posting. Lessons learned for sure. Good job by everyone. I think this one is going to be a lot easier in guild runs / static groups as the coordination is what makes this difficult. Once you solve that, it wont be too bad.
    Sarlona Server - High Lords of Malkier :
    Kluege Fixer - Superkluege

Bounty Hunter

Thanks for posting!

Yeah this was much different than the first day of too hot to handle for sure. I also joined a true pug and we completed first try - the leader ran it on another server first and knew the mechanics, but other than that it was almost all firs-timers with just one other person that ran it once. Props to Shuricane for explaining and leading a pug of people new to the raid to victory. We had over half the party dead a few times but recovered. We also had an amazing healer that got people up super quick.

It took us 45 minutes total - it will go much quicker as people understand what to do better and get better at it.

There are some chances to get one shot in there. For some reason I kept getting targeted by a guy throwing heavy electric damage, but luckily I have energy sheath electric and a swap item for killing time and after getting hit for 1800 the first time I was never one shot again. Not sure if I did something wrong to get that damage. I was mostly just focused on killing constructs, keeping puzzles solved properly and beating down red nameds when the leader called for it.

With too hot too handle the first 3 pug groups I joined failed suddenly and the groups just broke up rather than trying again. It wasn't until I joined a High Lords run that I got a completion of too hot to handle. I can't get enough interest from my friends to start a too hot too handle they prefer us 3 manning the easiest 6 legendary raids rather than trying to pug thth. But overall THTH is actually a faster easier raid than project N, but project N is much more pug friendly so if anyone is on the fence about joining a pug I would give it a try. If you join a group that fails I would stick with it.
    Last edited by slarden; 08-01-2019 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Thanks for posting!

Yeah this was much different than the first day of too hot to handle for sure. I also joined a true pug and we completed first try - the leader ran it on another server first and knew the mechanics, but other than that it was almost all firs-timers with just one other person that ran it once. Props to Shuricane for explaining and leading a pug of people new to the raid to victory. We had over half the party dead a few times but recovered. We also had an amazing healer that got people up super quick.

It took us 45 minutes total - it will go much quicker as people understand what to do better and get better at it.

There are some chances to get one shot in there. For some reason I kept getting targeted by a guy throwing heavy electric damage, but luckily I have energy sheath electric and a swap item for killing time and after getting hit for 1800 the first time I was never one shot again. Not sure if I did something wrong to get that damage. I was mostly just focused on killing constructs, keeping puzzles solved properly and beating down red nameds when the leader called for it.

With too hot too handle the first 3 pug groups I joined failed suddenly and the groups just broke up rather than trying again. It wasn't until I joined a High Lords run that I got a completion of too hot to handle. I can't get enough interest from my friends to start a too hot too handle they prefer us 3 manning the easiest 6 legendary raids rather than trying to pug thth. But overall THTH is actually a faster easier raid than project N, but project N is much more pug friendly so if anyone is on the fence about joining a pug I would give it a try. If you join a group that fails I would stick with it.
    Pretty fair assessment. Hard is more than doable with a few key spots filled and the rest pugged. I think we pugged out spots in 11-12 hard runs yesterday. Side note. Don’t forget ranged dps on hard or better or Irk takes too long
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Pretty fair assessment. Hard is more than doable with a few key spots filled and the rest pugged. I think we pugged out spots in 11-12 hard runs yesterday. Side note. Don’t forget ranged dps on hard or better or Irk takes too long
    Completed hard with a mix of folks last night from various lvl 200 guilds. It was relatively smooth with one or two minor hiccups. Kiting Irk seems to be the best way, just need to know where to stand to hide yourself from his lance attack (or whatever it is) and not being in range of the minotaur AOE attack (which I was unfortunately in range for once while kiting Irk). Anyway, I can see this being done regularly on hard and some R1 groups as folks get better at how to avoid the one shot kills.
    Sarlona Server - High Lords of Malkier :
    Kluege Fixer - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    Completed hard with a mix of folks last night from various lvl 200 guilds. It was relatively smooth with one or two minor hiccups. Kiting Irk seems to be the best way, just need to know where to stand to hide yourself from his lance attack (or whatever it is) and not being in range of the minotaur AOE attack (which I was unfortunately in range for once while kiting Irk). Anyway, I can see this being done regularly on hard and some R1 groups as folks get better at how to avoid the one shot kills.
    Yeah we tended to have someone get his agro and hide behind a pillar during the sniper shot and range him down the rest of the time
    Member of Roving Guns