Community Member

Default screen colors messed up

When I start DDO the windows color change to mostly blue and black with some green mixed in.

When I start the game the login part is a ok color then as the game starts the title screen is off color. Once I get to the character selection screen the color goes back to normal and stays that way as long as I am playing. Once I exit from the game and go back to windows the color is messed up and will stay that way till I restart the computer. This is really annoying as I can't exit to check the wiki or DDO website and have to restart my computer after every session. This started after the windows 10 update.

Thanks for any help as this is making it no fun to play anymore.

One of my guild mates has the same problem; started after Windows 10 update.

We have updated his video drivers but it still persists. Keep this updated if you find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by srmobsters View Post
    When I start DDO the windows color change to mostly blue and black with some green mixed in.

When I start the game the login part is a ok color then as the game starts the title screen is off color. Once I get to the character selection screen the color goes back to normal and stays that way as long as I am playing. Once I exit from the game and go back to windows the color is messed up and will stay that way till I restart the computer. This is really annoying as I can't exit to check the wiki or DDO website and have to restart my computer after every session. This started after the windows 10 update.

Thanks for any help as this is making it no fun to play anymore.

Community Member

Default Will do

Tried update to drivers too, but nothing. Spent sometime trying a few other things in setting but nothing worked.

Also checked it with other games but DDO is the only one that cause the issue.

Any ideas would be great.

Nothing quite this drastic but after the most recent Window's update (Monday night I think) I am now unable to adjust in game graphic settings. Brightness, Contrast and Gamma. They all show 1.00 even though I know my settings were not 1.00 before.

Not sure if others are having this issue as well.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii
    Ubique Eo, Invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Community Member

Default Images

Yeah it started after the update on Monday

So you guys can see here are a few pics

Here is start of computer

Here it is as ddo starts

Here is the computer after exiting ddo till I restart the computer

Community Member

Default No ideas

No thoughts on this? Do people think it could be the video card? Or something with just do

I would try reset your graphic card drivers.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    I would try reset your graphic card drivers.
    First thing on the list. It only does this in DDO. Does NOT do this in ESO or any Windows applications.

What happens with me is when DDO launches, it goes back and forward between regular state and the color malfunction. After a bit it then stays with the good color setting (even when DDO is in the background) until DDO is closed. At that point the color is messed up again. I found a temporary fix, however, by refreshing the color calibration (might be a bit hard to get to)

once DDO is launched again it seems to be a loop.
    This happened to me after a completely fresh installation of windows 10, updating graphics card, etc etc. Would love a more permanent fix!
    "Argonessen, now that's questin" ~Strimtom 2017

"Ischa Oti Cevil Illu Mi Nati"
    RC-CIT

Quote Originally Posted by Baahb3 View Post
    Nothing quite this drastic but after the most recent Window's update (Monday night I think) I am now unable to adjust in game graphic settings. Brightness, Contrast and Gamma. They all show 1.00 even though I know my settings were not 1.00 before.

Not sure if others are having this issue as well.
    Me too. Have updated/reinstalled drivers. Windows 10 update and DDO don't seem to play nice any more. Nvidia card.

Edit: this seems to only be a problem in DDO.
    Last edited by pjw; 08-14-2019 at 09:27 PM.