Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default screen colors messed up

When I start DDO the windows color change to mostly blue and black with some green mixed in.

When I start the game the login part is a ok color then as the game starts the title screen is off color. Once I get to the character selection screen the color goes back to normal and stays that way as long as I am playing. Once I exit from the game and go back to windows the color is messed up and will stay that way till I restart the computer. This is really annoying as I can't exit to check the wiki or DDO website and have to restart my computer after every session. This started after the windows 10 update.

Thanks for any help as this is making it no fun to play anymore.

One of my guild mates has the same problem; started after Windows 10 update.

We have updated his video drivers but it still persists. Keep this updated if you find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by srmobsters View Post
    When I start DDO the windows color change to mostly blue and black with some green mixed in.

When I start the game the login part is a ok color then as the game starts the title screen is off color. Once I get to the character selection screen the color goes back to normal and stays that way as long as I am playing. Once I exit from the game and go back to windows the color is messed up and will stay that way till I restart the computer. This is really annoying as I can't exit to check the wiki or DDO website and have to restart my computer after every session. This started after the windows 10 update.

Thanks for any help as this is making it no fun to play anymore.

Community Member

Default Will do

Tried update to drivers too, but nothing. Spent sometime trying a few other things in setting but nothing worked.

Also checked it with other games but DDO is the only one that cause the issue.

Any ideas would be great.

Nothing quite this drastic but after the most recent Window's update (Monday night I think) I am now unable to adjust in game graphic settings. Brightness, Contrast and Gamma. They all show 1.00 even though I know my settings were not 1.00 before.

Not sure if others are having this issue as well.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii, Jhasmyne
    Ubique Eo, Invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Community Member

Default Images

Yeah it started after the update on Monday

So you guys can see here are a few pics

Here is start of computer

Here it is as ddo starts

Here is the computer after exiting ddo till I restart the computer

Community Member

Default No ideas

No thoughts on this? Do people think it could be the video card? Or something with just do

I would try reset your graphic card drivers.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    I would try reset your graphic card drivers.
    First thing on the list. It only does this in DDO. Does NOT do this in ESO or any Windows applications.

What happens with me is when DDO launches, it goes back and forward between regular state and the color malfunction. After a bit it then stays with the good color setting (even when DDO is in the background) until DDO is closed. At that point the color is messed up again. I found a temporary fix, however, by refreshing the color calibration (might be a bit hard to get to)

once DDO is launched again it seems to be a loop.
    This happened to me after a completely fresh installation of windows 10, updating graphics card, etc etc. Would love a more permanent fix!

Quote Originally Posted by Baahb3 View Post
    Nothing quite this drastic but after the most recent Window's update (Monday night I think) I am now unable to adjust in game graphic settings. Brightness, Contrast and Gamma. They all show 1.00 even though I know my settings were not 1.00 before.

Not sure if others are having this issue as well.
    Me too. Have updated/reinstalled drivers. Windows 10 update and DDO don't seem to play nice any more. Nvidia card.

Edit: this seems to only be a problem in DDO.
    Last edited by pjw; 08-14-2019 at 09:27 PM.

Community Member

Default I figured out what works.

Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    Me too. Have updated/reinstalled drivers. Windows 10 update and DDO don't seem to play nice any more. Nvidia card.

Edit: this seems to only be a problem in DDO.
    I went to the legacy version, a setting found on the launcher.

Doing this, it still messes up the colors upon launching, but gives me a yes or no box, I click no and it'll restore current colors after switching programs a couple times.

It's not a solution, but it fixes the problem.

try adjusting your rendering options of documents\ddo\userPreferences

The game might have setting set off. make sure:
    AllowGammaChanges=True
    D3DVersionPromptedForAtStartup=## (This should be a stable dx version you have, I use 11 personally)
    GraphicsCore=D3D## (should be same number as above)

You could also have an issue with the file itself. I had 2 on my computer after an update and it caused more then a few issues over time. Try adjusting things in game, and in here. This file should be a mirror of your ingame settings, but some things are easier to change via a file IMO.

The problem might be as simple as your video card not supporting dx10/11/etc and DDO is forcing it to apply due to your settings.

Client issues (options drop down on launcher, general tab) might be solved with 32-bit Legacy client or 32-bit client being changed. Also try toggling the Use high Resolution Game Data option. If these don't work, use the repair tab to reset the display settings, or restore defaults button. to undo anything you changed.
    I would have a sig, but Someone might be offended by it so I will just list characters.
    Vicinity, Proximity, and far to many bank toons too list.
    -Sorry to any bank toons that are offended by me not listing mine-
    Ravensguard, Ghallanda

Windows 10 has a program called dccw.exe that will let you adjust all your graphical settings. I have found in cases like these where Windows thinks a setting is one way but isn't, merely running the program can remind it to be at normal levels, and clicking through to the RGB pane will remind it in most other cases.

Also not a solution, but beats all heck out of doing a full restart.

Community Member

I have this same exact situation. Mine didn't start with a Windows 10 upgrade but did start with a new computer which was likely upgraded...

I haven't found the cure, but I found a workaround. Many of you probably already figured it out, but I thought maybe some poor lost soul would stumble upon this thread as I did and need this information. Here it goes.

Instead of restarting the computer, just use the task manager to shut down the dndclient.

I know, not impressive or high tech or a fix. But for someone like me who knows diddly-do-squat about computers and doesn't have the patience to sit down and figure it out, well, here's one option anyway.

Community Member

I am also getting am inverted screen bug I started playing again after a long absence I know it's the game and I play I play on a Dell n7110 laptop running window 10 rebooting the laptop fixes the issue till you boot the game up

Community Member

Same here, running on a HP laptop with Windows 10. On top of that after the screen got messed up the launcher doesn't start the game. So still no solution to this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by srmobsters View Post
    Yeah it started after the update on Monday

So you guys can see here are a few pics

Here is start of computer

Here it is as ddo starts

Here is the computer after exiting ddo till I restart the computer

Similar issue here but I was trying to run the client in x64, after switching back to regular x86 it works fine now.

Stoner81.

try this:

i had to specifically configure the dnd64bit client in the x64 folder to use my nvidia card in the nvidia panel to get around that messy all blue and green screen after hitting the play button.
    the client will NOT start if the notebook is set to choose the graphics card on its own, and only lotro and ddo with the new 64bit client have this strange issue.

acer helios 300 on windows 10, all the newest drivers. (but does not matter, since i my wife has the same issue with lotros 64bit on her asus rog notebook) and we both had some different drivers over time with lotro.

it does look like the 64bit client has problems when theres an integrated video card and the panel is configure to let the system choose on its own, but is prefering the nvidia card.
    its the same on ddo now as it was with lotros 64bit client for us.

Traveler of the Skies
    Minotaur Annihilator

I had the messed up screen colors problem under Windows 10 also, but only on one of two computers. I used the compatibility troubleshooter and it changed DDO to Windows 8 compatibility mode. Now it works fine. No idea why, but since it works …

To run the troubleshooter, right click on the DDO icon and select "Troubleshoot compatibility."

Community Member

Default DDO icon

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger1234 View Post
    I had the messed up screen colors problem under Windows 10 also, but only on one of two computers. I used the compatibility troubleshooter and it changed DDO to Windows 8 compatibility mode. Now it works fine. No idea why, but since it works …

To run the troubleshooter, right click on the DDO icon and select "Troubleshoot compatibility."
    Which DDO icon? the launcher or the game?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast