Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    In a cozy little place just south of Hell

Default SERVER MERGE - thought this was a MMO???

been soloing on Thelanis for 5.5 hours now and not one person has hit the lfm. And there aren't any other lfms up in my level range except the odd one (maybe 2 in the 5 hour time period) Seriously Standing Stone, time to merge servers
    Mobility, proud leader of Bane on Thelanis ~ I am either loved or hated, there is no in between. (Self declared Ultimate Piker, though I now give my crown to Ranit. He has guildies log his toons and play his toons for him. Getting xp and not even playing the game? He wins)

Quote Originally Posted by HackSlashKill View Post
    been soloing on Thelanis for 5.5 hours now and not one person has hit the lfm. And there aren't any other lfms up in my level range except the odd one (maybe 2 in the 5 hour time period) Seriously Standing Stone, time to merge servers

SSG won't do that ever.

#1 is a technical madness

#2 is a statement that the game is dying... and they will not admit it until they dry some wallets on Otto's Boxes!
    No Signature...

Oof. It's that time of week already huh.

Default Information is key

If you're not doing so already, I find that writing a message in the LFM goes a long way to getting people. I like to explain what I'm currently doing, what I'm going to do, and on what difficulty. If I can fit it, a dose of humor can help as well.

Ex:
    "Lv. 13s on nice relaxing Elite: Taming flame --> Graverobber --> Gwelengs --> Tear"

Ex:
    "R1 Harbinger of madness. On pt. 2/4"

Ex.
    "R1 Harbinger of madness. On pt. 4/4, can red-door"

Ex.
    "That old hag stole my Frisbee and don't give it back - let's teach her a lesson! LE"

If all I see is someone using the automatic LFM, showing the quest is 15 minutes in progress, I'm unlikely to join because I have no idea what they'll be doing next, and whether its worthwhile to join them.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu; equip-able halflings

In a cozy little place just south of Hell

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    If you're not doing so already, I find that writing a message in the LFM goes a long way to getting people. I like to explain what I'm currently doing, what I'm going to do, and on what difficulty. If I can fit it, a dose of humor can help as well.

Ex:
    "Lv. 13s on nice relaxing Elite: Taming flame --> Graverobber --> Gwelengs --> Tear"

Ex:
    "R1 Harbinger of madness. On pt. 2/4"

Ex.
    "R1 Harbinger of madness. On pt. 4/4, can red-door"

Ex.
    "That old hag stole my Frisbee and don't give it back - let's teach her a lesson! LE"

If all I see is someone using the automatic LFM, showing the quest is 15 minutes in progress, I'm unlikely to join because I have no idea what they'll be doing next, and whether its worthwhile to join them.
    I do add details to my lfms, but as I mentioned, there weren't other lfms to join
    Mobility, proud leader of Bane on Thelanis ~ I am either loved or hated, there is no in between. (Self declared Ultimate Piker, though I now give my crown to Ranit. He has guildies log his toons and play his toons for him. Getting xp and not even playing the game? He wins)

You can't get everything all the time. Sorry for the bad news.

Community Member

The average amount of lfms up were 5-6 for the whole server (levels 1 -30). that actually was what my post was about and the concern.
    This is probably a point in favor of server merges but cannith was pretty busy all day.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Potatofasf View Post
    SSG won't do that ever.

#1 is a technical madness

#2 is a statement that the game is dying... and they will not admit it until they dry some wallets on Otto's Boxes!
    What about alternative solution - cross-server LFG and play?

Either cross server LFG.

or

Open new server.
    Free character copy for all, to new server.

People are free to stay on old server and cling to purchases that cannot/will not be moved -AND- play on new server with more people.

This allows the company to datamine how many people would rather be playing on a server with higher headcount vs how many favor staying with previously sunk costs even with low headcount. It also uses existing tech, so no "limited resources" fallacy applies here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Mobility, I have 2 answers for you bud.

1) We need a server wide chat channel that's posted everywhere, so new & old players can see it. Like a header for social panel, a log-in message that can be toggled off and a billboard sign i the harbor

2) talk to nep about joining the clan

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boredGamer View Post
    This is probably a point in favor of server merges but Cannith was pretty busy all day.
    Can also confirm. There were 8 LFM's I qualified for as a level 28 at one point.

Maybe it's time of day? Most servers are biased towards certain time windows; like Cannith is quite US heavy, and I've heard Ghallanda is fairly EU heavy.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default Can We Give this a Rest, for a Few Weeks, at Least?

"Dormammu, I've come to bargain."
    Last edited by ComicRelief; 07-29-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

It's all those years of ****ing people off that are catching up to you. Try seeking redemption.
    I almost joined one of your LFMs but I don't do slayers in the Vale, Kings Forrest or Cerulean Hills. I pretty much don't do slayers at all anymore.

I've been soloing Thelanis for years aside from a rare spat of good luck where I can jump in a good LFM for a few hours.
    My own LFMs go unanswered 80%+ of the time lately. I often wonder why I bother posting them anymore.
    Most of the joiners in the last few months do a spot-on imitation of dead weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm
    Makes me think that other post was your sock account.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    Incorrect. Post reported.

Thelanis is half dead right now. We talked about in guild, other channels, discord, etc.

Don't worry though, people will be nice enough to point blame for many other reasons other than the fact there aren't enough people on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    Thelanis is half dead right now. We talked about in guild, other channels, discord, etc.

Don't worry though, people will be nice enough to point blame for many other reasons other than the fact there aren't enough people on.
    Almost all servers are running in low population.

In Sarlona, everything is via closed channels.

Only time I have the chance to run PUGs are with Chineses (Chinese Team and Dawn of War guilda) far out my playtime hours. I love to run with them, but is always too late in the night or early in the morning. So, most of the time is Solo/Hire runs.
    No Signature...

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post

Well it IS summertime. we always have a smaller population in the summer. (fact)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    I almost joined one of your LFMs but I don't do slayers in the Vale, Kings Forrest or Cerulean Hills. I pretty much don't do slayers at all anymore.
    6 years ago that might have been a hot lfm, not because of the number of players playing, but because that low quality inefficient style of play was more common.

In my experience any lfm featuring fast R1 xp runs gets hits and most fill quickly. But there's more than a couple people posting lfm's that aren't very good people and are avoided because of that. Still though, Thelanis is the land of the casual player and if OP isn't getting hits on a casual server then he needs to run better content.

Thelanis chat channel info

/joinchannel thelanis ddo

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    6 years ago that might have been a hot lfm, not because of the number of players playing, but because that low quality inefficient style of play was more common.

In my experience any lfm featuring fast R1 xp runs gets hits and most fill quickly. But there's more than a couple people posting lfm's that aren't very good people and are avoided because of that. Still though, Thelanis is the land of the casual player and if OP isn't getting hits on a casual server then he needs to run better content.
    Actually, Thelanis has been reported to be one of the lowest population servers.

I am not surprised that, if he plays slightly off hours, he is having trouble finding groups.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRelief View Post
    "Dormammu, I've come to bargain."
    LMAO, awesome! You've certainly lived up to your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Either cross server LFG.

or

Open new server.
    Free character copy for all, to new server.

People are free to stay on old server and cling to purchases that cannot/will not be moved -AND- play on new server with more people.

This allows the company to datamine how many people would rather be playing on a server with higher headcount vs how many favor staying with previously sunk costs even with low headcount. It also uses existing tech, so no "limited resources" fallacy applies here.
    /Signed to either or both. I strongly oppose a forced merge, but neither of the solutions you present here would bother me.

Both of those would help people who want a more crowded server without hurting the people who fear the problems of a server merge. I'd happily give up some progress on the changes that matter to me to get this important issue addressed for the people it bothers. I might even create a character there to test the waters

And great extra on the data-mining idea, that's valuable information to know and a good way to get it cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post
    1) We need a server wide chat channel that's posted everywhere, so new & old players can see it. Like a header for social panel, a log-in message that can be toggled off and a billboard sign i the harbor
    This is a great idea. When the game was newer we needed to partition the chat so text didn't fly by too fast to read. But like so many other outdated design choices in this game, that one has outlived it's usefulness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Games which not only allow, but embrace players playing differently in their own game space, succeed far more often, as well as succeed in far higher measurable degree, than those which force players into playing a specific way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast