Default Abaddon the Destroyer A Melee FVS

I don't see a lot of pure melee FvSs running around, and probably for good reason. There isn't any one concise build for them on the forums either, so I spent a few hours testing out ideas and this is where I have gotten with the work so far and this is the first build I decided to try for fun on the live server. If you're running for PLs, go Vistani or Inquisitor or pick up 6 fighter or barbarian.

Races: This build can be ran by any heroic race, but I found that these races probably work out the best:

Horc-

Pros: Highest sustainable damage, benefits of added helpless damage, a 20 second +40 melee power clicky to alternate between haste, and an auto-crit attack. Good for Str and or Wisdom focus builds. You look like you ate the gonad the governator for a snack before breakfast
    Cons: Low Intelligence mean little skills. -1 social skills. Shouldn't probably do Charisma>Wisdom, you look like a Horc with broken tusks.

Wood Elf
    [Pros Potential for 3-8% DS, 3% dodge bypass, Dex to hit damage with scimitars (or other favored weapons), have other favored weapons which allow for a range of different weapons while leveling. tumble sprint, extra damage SWF or +5% OH chance TWF. Best hair cuts?
    Cons Low Int score? You look like a pretty elf.

Wood Elf
    pros: Dilettante: Rogue provides 3d6 SA damage, which means TWF will be slightly better. There are other Dilly choices, but I can't think of any reason to take...
    cons: You look like a Helf. Yeah, I short listed.

Heavy Metal--
    Pros: Greats Swords and reflection of whelm.
    Cons: You all should know the issues here.

Humans and PDKs get extra feats, but their probably the next best choices. I did not look at Tieflings. Drow is the only way to get favored short swords.

Fallen/Protector/Scourges
    Fallen- 10 MP, easily reach and maintain 20 vuln, can focus str and wisdom, or just wisdom or charisma. DPS clicky. Healing Hands
    Protector- Charisma or Wisdom based works better over strength. 10% Max HPs, Better defensively, Healing Hands.
    Scourge- Skip 15 levels for $20 (must LR+1) good for SWF or TWF (maybe best for TWF). 5% DS. You look the part and did we forgot to mention Healing Hands?. Bastard Swords or Mauls though. But thought I'd mention it. DC destiny changes will allow you to use a Longsword. I don't think that you'll be able to benefit from +5 damage from class feats.

Spells: Generally, a melee fvs should be a generalist or buffer, but I chose to take some damaging spells to use in ranged situations in group play, or to possibly pull a mob to me. It's preference. 10 years ago this wouldn't work out, like at all, and it may not work out to well now. Take what you need to that fits your style and goals.

Stats Since Divine Power (Tree) only gets a Sacred +6 Strength bonus (something useless when you're Wisdom/Charisma to damage), I have elected to try Str to hit/dmg and see if I can still keep a modest DC. I have started with 16 str and 18 wisdom. I had 96 strength and 74 wisdom when I tested gear, so I will see. I seemed fine in the few quests I attempted. I had failure, but not as much as I expected.

Feats and how to play: To be being feat restricted in heroics, I only suggest playing this build from 1-30. You're first 15 levels will suck. It gets easier afterwards. On a Charisma focused, Dire Charge+Energy Burst+Sound or Command and beat down. Strength/Wis and Wisdom focused should frog, Dire Charge, command anything lethal enough to hurt you that isn't stunned and, beat down. Don't forget to keep Divine Vessel on CD, but only use against 3+. damage

Longsword ProgressionIn most cases, it's just best use VKF no matter what until 12, but if you want to use longswords the whole way then farm these:

2 Inquistor Blade (level 2, Crypts Saga End Reward List)
    6 Scoundrel's Longsword (Heroic 3BC quest reward list)--Good for Marut in VoN3 and some other things.
    8 Threnal Blade (Threnal, see wiki on how to obtain)
    8 Nightforge Blade (best blade to 20, 17-20/3x base; Relic of Sovereign Past, in optional. Easy to obtain first time on elite soloing)
    10 Barovian (Silver Good DR) or Macabre (Vampirism)
    12 Min2/Lit2/Ooze/Radiance (preference) GS Longsword (nice to have, but not needed).
    20 Oath Blade (PDK Barter in Estar) Will take you to 26.
    24 Thunderforged Optional
    26 LGS: Triple Positive/Dust*/Preference *Always get the name missed up, whichever drops an opponent's PRR.
    26 Fellblade (Raid)
    29 Soulblade (Black Razor+Black Razor Gem+Killing Time thingies bartered)

Augments: Deconstructor and Meteoric,

Melee FvS issues.
    -The first issue with an end game FVS that can solo mid skulls is they may require a bunch of different forms of completionists and a ton a reaper points probably be marginally successful. But hey, have fun.
    -No 2nd Melee Tree outside Falconry.
    -No access to melee power in their tree, and there are abilities that require melee power and abilities to rely on spell power
    -No special abilities like a cleric gets.
    -Need something else to set their melee apart from clerics other than a title. Yeah, they get +6 sacred strength and a multiplier, some damage and absorbs, but it's nowhere near enough to make up for what a cleric gets.
    -The Hybrid style play only works when you're geared and can swap gear efficiently in situations.

Suggestions for Warsoul tree to make it better than Warpriest Clerics (who have domains) to make them competitive, and I don't mean all of these:
    Improved Destruction and/or Metalline in tier 4/5 Warsoul tree and only obtainable with 18-20 levels.
    Make Divine Vessel based on melee/ranged power
    Give core 5 a choice between 20 melee or 20 ranged or give them +2 range.
    Make Radiant Flourish a Cleave Like ability. First target takes the physical damage, targets around the focus take xd6 in light or bane damage.
    Add 2d4 light or bane damage on hit to core 3.

Insert Cool Name As Title
    Favored Soul 20
    Your Preference Aasimar

Stats
    . . . . . . . .36pt . . Tome . . Level Up
    . . . . . . . .---- . . ----. . .--------
    Strength. . . . 16. . . .+8. . . .4: STR
    Dexterity . . . 12. . . .+8. . . .8: STR
    Constitution. . 15. . . .+8. . . 12: STR
    Intelligence. . 12. . . .+8. . . 16: STR
    Wisdom. . . . . 18. . . .+8. . . 20: STR
    Charisma. . . . .8. . . .+8. . . 24: STR
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .28: STR

Skills
    . . . . . 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    UMD . . . 2. . .1 . . 1. . .1 . . 1. . .1 . . 1. . .1 . . 1. . .1 . . 11
    Balance . 2. . .1 . . 1. . .1 . . 1. . .1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .7
    . . . . .------------------------------------------------------------
    . . . . . 8. 0. 4. 0. 4. 0. 4. 0. 4. 0. 4. 0. 2. 0. 2. 0. 2. 0. 2. 0
    Max . . .12. 4. 4. 4. 4. 4. 5. 5. 5. 5. 5. 5. 5. 5. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6. 6

Feats

.1. . . . : Single Weapon Fighting
    .3. . . . : Power Attack
    .6. . . . : Knight's Training
    .9. . . . : Improved Single Weapon Fighting
    12. . . . : Improved Critical: Slashing
    15. . . . : Greater Single Weapon Fighting
    18. . . . : Quicken Spell
    18 Swap. .: Precision replaces Power Attack
    21 Epic . : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic . : Spell Focus: Evocation OR Embolden Spell
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic . : Epic Reflexes
    28 Destiny: Elusive Target
    29 Destiny: Dire Charge
    30 Epic . : Burst of Glacial Wrath
    30 Legend : Scion of: Plane of WaterOR Unsure ATM

.2 FavSoul: Grace of Battle
    .7 FavSoul: Stout of Heart

.5 FavSoul: Energy Absorption: Fire
    10 FavSoul: Energy Absorption: Electricity
    15 FavSoul: Energy Absorption: Acid

.1 Deity. : Follower of: Sovereign Host
    .6 Deity. : Unyielding Sovereignty
    20 Deity. : Damage Reduction: Silver OR Your Preference*

Spells

1. Nightshield (1), Nimbus of Light (1), Divine Favor (2), Command (3)
    2. Deific Vengeance (4), Cure Moderate Wounds (5), Soundburst (7), Resist Energy (9)
    3. Cure Serious Wounds (6), Glyph of Warding (7), Searing Light (9), Contagion (11)
    4. Cure Critical Wounds (8), Unholy Blight (9), Dismissal (11), Recitation (13)
    5. Greater Command (10), Slay Living (11), Divine Punishment (13), Flame Strike (15)
    6. Blade Barrier (12), Heal (13), Cometfall (15)
    7. Mass Spell Resistance (14), Destruction (15), Greater Restoration (17)
    8. Death Pact (16), Holy Aura (17), Fire Storm (19)
    9. Energy Drain (18), Implosion (19), Mass Heal (20)

Enhancements (83+12 of 80+12 AP) Errors

War Soul (41 AP)
    • Smite Foe: Melee, Resilience of Battle, Sanctuary, Blur, Haste, Implacable Foe: Strength
      1. Divine Presence III, Righteous Weapons
      2. Smite Weakness, Wall of Steel III, Righteous Weapons, Inflame II
      3. Magic Backlash II, Righteous Weapons, Greater Inflame I
      4. Ameliorating Strike, Righteous Weapons, Holy Striker: Doublestrike III
      5. Divine Power, Divine Vessel: Cleave, Wrathful Weapons, Divine Champion, Divine Intervention

Falconry (31 AP)
    • Falcon, Strength, Well Rounded, Strength, Well Rounded II
      1. Rugged III, Practiced Accuracy II, Out in Nature II
      2. Diving Strike III, Sprint Boost II
      3. Tear Flesh, Strike for the Eyes: Strike III, Conditioning
      4. No Mercy III, Coordinated Strike, Expose Weakness

Aasimar (16 AP)
    • Stronger Bonds, Strength, Stronger Bonds II, Strength, Stronger Bonds III
      1. Improved Recovery
      2. Divine Purpose
      3. Divine Charge III, Improved Recovery
      4. Divine Form

Angel of Vengeance (7 AP)
    • Font of Power, Shield of Condemnation
      1. Scourge III, Smiting

Destiny Run LD or DC until Destiny Pass. Fatesinger or DC may be better then. We shall see.
    Last edited by adrian69; 07-29-2019 at 01:51 AM.

Default Gear

When I hit 29, I plan on using this for now. However, there are other pieces of gear I plan on farming out. I also need to see if I can make flamefury set work out. Arty one may actually work out better. I will see.

Familia Set
    Leg. Enforcer's Coat
    Legendary Family Recruit Sigil
    Legendary Hammerfist

Mist's Set
    Legendary Mantle of Fury

Wiki crashed...

Potential Swaps:
    Extra Frog spell pen and DC
    Last edited by adrian69; 07-28-2019 at 07:48 PM.

How did it work out?
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Community Member

I don't care about Epic stuff... so...

How this build fares soloing 1-20?

Just to get those +3 Spell Pen and +60 Sp to play my BadassWarlock

Cheers

Community Member

I'm doing something pretty similar right now, except mine is pure wisdom based. Presently I'm at level 13 and it has soloed and grouped just fine all the way up.
    Been playing some with my son, and his woefully undergeared fire sorcerer first life with few tomes and I find that Divine Intervention is godly for keeping him in action.
    Some other notes: Wrathful weapons is actually pretty good. On a SWF build, it is pretty much always up for any major slugfests, and it adds a substantial amount of damage and will scale ok in epic. 15% doublestrike +7 hit/+7 damage in the warsoul tree, and the ability to produce vulnerability gives you decent dps, which I'll supplement with a fair bit of falconry. With high healing capability and tons of hp, this is actually a really tanky build. In epics I'm planning to do divine crusader.
    Recent changes to concentration skill have made quicken a lot less necessary, and I'm thinking of skipping it (with completionist, I don't really have a free feat, and I'm going to take precision at level 18). Also, divine crusader has the +1 hit/damage per 2 religion feats, which will be +10 hit/damage with longswords which is actually pretty significant.
    Crit profile will be 40%/4x, which is really good (although it is really hard to crit in sharn because of massive fortification).
    Only annoyances so far: dps is a lot lower with not-longsword, which is aggravating with oozes and rust monsters and some blunt dr types. I can mitigate this with the book of war, and taking morningstar as a 2nd holy religious weapon. Coronation wil close the pierce/bludgeon problem (for DR like that on a skelly or rakshasha), Phosphor could do in a pinch, but it's a heavy mace, for oozes and rust monsters. Quite possibly I'll need to make a crafted longsword or morningstar that covers that niche.

Community Member

At level 20 now with my melee FVS. Went full Wis based, Wis 20 Con14 Dex14 Int14 Charisma 10 Strength 8, all level ups to wisdom. Wisdom is the core of the damage output of this character. Why? With Greater SWF, every 8 points of wisdom produces +4 * 1.5= 6 damage, plus another 2 from divine will (half wis bonus to damage). So essentially for every point of wisdom I'm getting another point of base damage, with a little lumpiness of course because of rounding. At level 20 I'm pretty close to +100 on the base inventory screen.
    I'm doing sovereign host with longswords and knight's training and precision. That and completionist speaks for every single one of my 1-20 feats. But with the new changes to concentration, I don't really need quicken, and I can live without other metas and the like.
    For enhancements, 41 warsoul, 31 falconry (the marginal gain for the last few points of falconry is pretty good in the 18th level core, 1 point is free from tome), 17 aasimar (14 were free racials) and 6 in the FVS healing tree for the first 2 cores, some PRR, and the good hope SLA, which is pretty nice, like a weak bard. Have conditioning for 5% more hp and protector bond for 10% more HP, so at level 20 my non-reaper HP is over 1200, at level 18 it was exactly 1000.

The build was really strong 13th-20th. Going to test it in epics tonight probably now. Scrounged up some filigrees to load up an oathblade.
    Went divine crusader for destiny. Got turn undead, a little turns regen, and confront any foe plus the consecrate chain. With a fair number of area heals, I can do the epic defensive fighting thing if I want to, but I have enough HP to not do it if I want to also. Using, of course, the Sharn part of the family medium armor set. All told this gives me a doublestrike around 55%, which will cap or nor cap when using reaper's strike or zeal. Critical profile is really good. 40% crits at 4x multiplier. That's hardcore good.
    From being an FVS of the sovereign host, I get +4 to hit/damage innately, +10 hit/damage from book of war, and a decent chunk more from warsoul. We'll have to see how castigate + consecrate + confront any foe + strike down + divine vessel performs on big epic packs of mobs. Implosion DC is still good at low epics but don't know if it can be scaled up on this build without too many sacrifices to stay viable in upper epics.
    At level 20 my gear looks like (heroic sharn medium armor part of the family set, epic ring of the stalker, crafted 9 dex 9 charisma 4 insightful charisma ring, bronze dragon belt from sharn, crafted trinket, Greensteel balance land and sky boots hp item, greensteel conop bracer, crafted 9 wis insightful 4 wis, insightful evocation goggles, panosophic circlet helm, crafted trinket (doublestrike, true sight, insightful deadly), mysterious cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    How did it work out?
    See Melee FvS Issues in the OP.

I guess if you like it, maybe had dual Soulrazors, or a variety of complete LGS, it may be optimal. I think I soloed one R4. Some quests I remember completed R3. Mostly didn't have the DPS, but the survivability was decent. I'd like to take another stab at it sometime after having giving some of the issues more thought. I think WSS 18/2 monk may be a better route.

Quote Originally Posted by ValariusK View Post
    From being an FVS of the sovereign host, I get +4 to hit/damage innately, +10 hit/damage from book of war, and a decent chunk more from warsoul. We'll have to see how castigate + consecrate + confront any foe + strike down + divine vessel performs on big epic packs of mobs. Implosion DC is still good at low epics but don't know if it can be scaled up on this build without too many sacrifices to stay viable in upper epics.
    At level 20 my gear looks like (heroic sharn medium armor part of the family set, epic ring of the stalker, crafted 9 dex 9 charisma 4 insightful charisma ring, bronze dragon belt from sharn, crafted trinket, Greensteel balance land and sky boots hp item, greensteel conop bracer, crafted 9 wis insightful 4 wis, insightful evocation goggles, panosophic circlet helm, crafted trinket (doublestrike, true sight, insightful deadly), mysterious cloak.
    Yeah, New Epic Destinies may help make up for what I was lacking. It's okay and fun if you're not trying to push the boundaries.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrian69 View Post
    Yeah, New Epic Destinies may help make up for what I was lacking. It's okay and fun if you're not trying to push the boundaries.
    Up to level 21 on it now. I'm coming off a handwraps EK 18 wizard 2 monk build which had really serious DPS. The dps isn't that much worse, maybe 70-80% of it, and its bringing a ton more utility and party healing to the table. Now just need to lay my hands on a fellblade before level 26.

Community Member

Up to level 27 now on my melee FVS. Still going strong. Took epic damage reduction (10 prr), perfect single weapon fighting (since I have 3 useful vorpals, stalker ring, sword vorpal, wrathful weapons, otherwise would have taken perfect twf for 5% more doublestrike), and epic wisdom at level 24.
    Really hoping to get a Fellblade soon, but even with the oathblade still damage is very good. Healing while in EDF is good, especially for melee types who stay pretty close. Collateral healing from divine crusader is great. To top off party members, just kill something. Emergencies in EDF mode are covered by the healing hands (7 that regenerate periodically) and the unyielding sovereignty. Divine intervention is also really good for covering glass cannons or people that you are tired of seeing die. Healing outside EDF is really good, sufficient to cover raid tanks and the like (again, DI is great for covering someone who is not quite equal to the task of main tank, but is the best you've got). Defense is pretty good also. Level 28 will mark a substantial improvement in spell power, which suffers from a significant lack of investment.

Community Member

ETR'd and tried a strength/charisma focused melee warsoul. Result was slightly more DPS at the expense of utility and more trouble gearing.
    At level 29 in strength/charisma, I'm floating around 140 Melee power, 45% attack speed, 85% doublestrike and about +135ish on the inventory tab for damage. Regular hits are clocking in EE for around 400ish and crits in the 2k-4k range ( I suspect the 4k is coming after vulnerability kicks in and on the 19-20 crits). Getting a bit over 100 strength with divine might on. My suspicion is that my dps is in the range of 75%-80% of what an equivalently geared and past lived 1st tier dps would do. My healing is also in the ballpark of 75-80% of what a dedicated healer of similar gear/past lives would get---i.e. I'm running around 700 positive spellpower, a purer healer would push 1000.
    The healing power (primarily consecration and the heal on kill from divine crusader, plus healing hands emergency spot heals and AE heals centered on me, since when I'm mixing it up, I prefer to be in EDF for the hit points) is sufficient to keep most melee types around me up, but only if they play my game, as it were. I can interrupt to heal them, and I will in emergencies, but it is grating when keeping them alive would eat all your focus, and they're not doing as much damage as you are anyway. The bane I think is warforged fighters with bad heal amp (I see them getting about 1/3 what I get on ticks of sacred ground/consecrate) and SD stance, which allows them to pull too much aggro away from me without consciously trying to do so. I wind up using a large fraction of healing hands on builds like that. They're basically doing 2.5x of their damage for aggro purposes, more if they spec'd for it. It goes from me doing 80% of the damage, which should imply I'm getting 80% of the aggro, which I can sustain pretty well, to them getting half or more of the aggro, which causes me to have to spend more focus healing them than I'm really comfortable with, or they die repeatedly.

ETR'd and tried a strength/charisma focused melee warsoul. Result was slightly more DPS at the expense of utility and more trouble gearing.
    At level 29 in strength/charisma, I'm floating around 140 Melee power, 45% attack speed, 85% doublestrike and about +135ish on the inventory tab for damage. Regular hits are clocking in EE for around 400ish and crits in the 2k-4k range ( I suspect the 4k is coming after vulnerability kicks in and on the 19-20 crits). Getting a bit over 100 strength with divine might on. My suspicion is that my dps is in the range of 75%-80% of what an equivalently geared and past lived 1st tier dps would do. My healing is also in the ballpark of 75-80% of what a dedicated healer of similar gear/past lives would get---i.e. I'm running around 700 positive spellpower, a purer healer would push 1000.
    The healing power (primarily consecration and the heal on kill from divine crusader, plus healing hands emergency spot heals and AE heals centered on me, since when I'm mixing it up, I prefer to be in EDF for the hit points) is sufficient to keep most melee types around me up, but only if they play my game, as it were. I can interrupt to heal them, and I will in emergencies, but it is grating when keeping them alive would eat all your focus, and they're not doing as much damage as you are anyway. The bane I think is warforged fighters with bad heal amp (I see them getting about 1/3 what I get on ticks of sacred ground/consecrate) and SD stance, which allows them to pull too much aggro away from me without consciously trying to do so. I wind up using a large fraction of healing hands on builds like that. They're basically doing 2.5x of their damage for aggro purposes, more if they spec'd for it. It goes from me doing 80% of the damage, which should imply I'm getting 80% of the aggro, which I can sustain pretty well, to them getting half or more of the aggro, which causes me to have to spend more focus healing them than I'm really comfortable with, or they die repeatedly.

I am thinking for strength/charisma geared divines (FvS/Paladin)

Leg. Collective Sight +21 Charisma/+10 Ins Constitution/+1 MRR per 2 Religious Lore Feats/+4 Quality Saves/Slot
    Leg. Hammer Fist +11 Ins. Double Strike/+21 Seeker/+8 Ins. Deadly/Cannith Combat Infusion/blue slot/part of the family bonus
    Leg. Enforcer's Coat Fortification +214/Physical Sheltering +54/Competence Healing Amplification +85/False Life Hit Points +81/blue slot/family set bonus
    Leg. Family Recruit Sigil True Seeing/Armor-Piercing+33%/Competence Deadly +17/Relentless Fury/Yellow/family set bonus
    Brand of Kalok Shash +22 Strength/Quality Accuracy+8/Quality Deadly+5/Fire Absorb +53%/lots of slots. (2 piece reverb/4th filigree for Tier Shattered Device Set)
    Legendary Mantle of Fury +19 Con/+21 Double/19% dodge
    Leg. Umber Brim
    Legendary Softsole Slippers Ghostly/+9 Ins. Charisma/Anthem/+22 Perform (at least as a swap for Divine Might)

and that's as far as I've got without having to have a piece of slave lords or 2 to cover for the rest.

Weapon Filigree:
    Five Piece Divine
    3 piece shattered Device
    Last edited by adrian69; 01-23-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Community Member

I'm not too far from that set, what I have is
    Collective sight wis/insightful wis (made for another etr)
    3 piece family legendary set
    5 piece ravenloft set (mantle of fury, adversion (for the spell points), mistfallen orb, perfect pinnacle (missing a stunning item), softsole slippers (insightful cha), and I have a panosophic circlet (got to have the spell power) and a slavers trinket (partially made +14 resistance 45 sheltering (for MRR) +4 quality strength. I'm using a syranian longsword at level 30, don't have a fellblade yet but I'm working on that. for A belt I'm using the silverthread, again, gotta have the positive spellpower. Bracer is the strength one you mention. I like that it has quality deadly and fire absorb.
    Last edited by ValariusK; 01-24-2020 at 01:23 PM.

I'm not too far from that set, what I have is
    Collective sight wis/insightful wis (made for another etr)
    3 piece family legendary set
    5 piece ravenloft set (mantle of fury, adversion (for the spell points), mistfallen orb, perfect pinnacle (missing a stunning item), softsole slippers (insightful cha), and I have a panosophic circlet (got to have the spell power) and a slavers trinket (partially made +14 resistance 45 sheltering (for MRR) +4 quality strength. I'm using a syranian longsword at level 30, don't have a fellblade yet but I'm working on that. for A belt I'm using the silverthread, again, gotta have the positive spellpower. Bracer is the strength one you mention. I like that it has quality deadly and fire absorb.
    Are you able to record video or share video. Interested in seeing it live. I have one video done on Lammania a long while back, but it took another xpac before I was willing to take another look at it again.

I was a little timid to even try R1 with it. Starts 1:30 in, and I have it skipped there, but character sheet is way back out around 0:20 seconds or so. Swore I had one I did do R2 or R3 with SWF soul razor . May have been a disaster and I never uploaded it.

This is dual wielding Undying Court, Charisma, back when I tested with gear I had live instead of utilizing the dojo to the fullest, which I sure do now. I have a lot of mistakes in here, but I am bad for it when I've only been playing a new build at 30 for 30 minutes. I'd love to retry this if Paladin wasn't dropping soon.

Mute it. Sounds it messed up.

Last edited by adrian69; 01-26-2020 at 05:26 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrian69 View Post
    Are you able to record video or share video. Interested in seeing it live. I have one video done on Lammania a long while back, but it took another xpac before I was willing to take another look at it again.

I was a little timid to even try R1 with it. Starts 1:30 in, and I have it skipped there, but character sheet is way back out around 0:20 seconds or so. Swore I had one I did do R2 or R3 with SWF soul razor . May have been a disaster and I never uploaded it.

This is dual wielding Undying Court, Charisma, back when I tested with gear I had live instead of utilizing the dojo to the fullest, which I sure do now. I have a lot of mistakes in here, but I am bad for it when I've only been playing a new build at 30 for 30 minutes. I'd love to retry this if Paladin wasn't dropping soon.

Mute it. Sounds it messed up.

Not really well set up to make any videos on my machine. Probably would lag my main session to death (when I 2 box on it, it is noticably slower even with the 2nd looking at the ground). But I think R1 on Death house would be no problem. Heal amp is high enough to brute force heals on R1, and stuff will die fast enough to make the no regret heals from kills meaningful.

Community Member

Thinking about the next patch. There are some significant changes. The first one is that pretty much every melee build is losing 8 to damage. This is because your trances are all changing from untyped to insight. This totally kills the purpose of the strength -charisma variant of this build. Thus the default will be the wisdom version.
    That said, I see the opportunity for another version of this build, although IMO it really requires you to have an ESoS and a Blackrazor to really make it work. That would be the THF version of this build. You can get greatswords as a favored weapon through book of war. 3x on your stat for damage with a wisdom of 90 is +120 to damage, which is nothing to scoff at. Previously it would have been +60, so this would really be a big deal. Leveling would be a bit tricky, as you have no favored weapon that's a 2hander until epics.
    For strikethrough you'd have 170%, so most of the time you'd hit 3 targets. You're also getting attack speed modifiers on your cleaves, but that'd be a bigger deal on the SWF version.
    Depending on how KOTC shakes out, a paladin splash might also be appropriate.

Community Member

Looks like it will be a very fun way to play melee FVS or Clr. Cleaves will also doublestrike so even better.
    Cleave, Great Cleave, Supreme Cleave, Whirlwind Attack can now Doublestrike. (Other skills that are Cleave-like also now Doublestrike as a result).
    Cleave, Great Cleave, Supreme Cleave, Whirlwind Attack, KOTC's Cleave enhancements, Smite Evil, and Exalted Smite are now affected by your attack speed.

Wood Elf allows Falchion as a favored weapon too.