Community Member

Default Mojave opening Resources folder when connecting to server?

I've just installed ddo for the first time in 5-7 years. It's on a big MacBook Pro, 16G i7. When I try to connect to a server, a file selection dialogue comes up open the Resources folder that contains ddo files? How do I fix this?

https://imgur.com/a/FOodCl7

Quote Originally Posted by daoist View Post
    I've just installed ddo for the first time in 5-7 years. It's on a big MacBook Pro, 16G i7. When I try to connect to a server, a file selection dialogue comes up open the Resources folder that contains ddo files? How do I fix this?

https://imgur.com/a/FOodCl7
    Yes. I'm having the same problem. Anyone have a solution?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneRickAdventureguy View Post
    Yes. I'm having the same problem. Anyone have a solution?
    This might have been fixed in macOS 10.14.5. If you are running anything less than that, I would recommend upgrading. The only caveat I have is that Apple released 10.14.6 today and I haven’t tried it out.

Community Member

Default The game client was passed invalid command-line parameters. [PlatformStringID_MustRun

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytis View Post
    This might have been fixed in macOS 10.14.5. If you are running anything less than that, I would recommend upgrading. The only caveat I have is that Apple released 10.14.6 today and I haven’t tried it out.
    I have a Mac Mini 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 16 gig mem and the Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB . after I choose the server Orien a new window pops up (Resources) The game client was passed invalid command-line parameters. [PlatformStringID_MustRunFromLauncher] I . did upgrade to 10.14.6 and I have the same problem. I also tried removing DDO and re-installing it

Community Member
    Last edited by Daarsurra; 08-01-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmilTaylor View Post
    I have a Mac Mini 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 16 gig mem and the Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB . after I choose the server Orien a new window pops up (Resources) The game client was passed invalid command-line parameters. [PlatformStringID_MustRunFromLauncher] I . did upgrade to 10.14.6 and I have the same problem. I also tried removing DDO and re-installing it
    I just upgraded from 10.14.5 to 10.14.6. It still works for me. The unusual thing is that I used to have the problem you are seeing when I was running 10.14.4. I started using the Wine client and it worked ok. Then I upgraded to 10.14.5 and gave the old client another try and it worked. And has ever since.

I don't know what is different.

I do know that you should not click that icon that DDO leaves in the dock. You will always get [PlatformStringID_MustRunFromLauncher] . If you haven't, try running the launcher in the Applications folder. That will at least run the client with the right parameters. Assuming it can find the client.

Community Member

I just upgraded from 10.14.5 to 10.14.6. It still works for me. The unusual thing is that I used to have the problem you are seeing when I was running 10.14.4. I started using the Wine client and it worked ok. Then I upgraded to 10.14.5 and gave the old client another try and it worked. And has ever since.

I do know that you should not click that icon that DDO leaves in the dock. You will always get [PlatformStringID_MustRunFromLauncher] . If you haven't, try running the launcher in the Applications folder. That will at least run the client with the right parameters. Assuming it can find the client.
    i can say that the crashes on load only ever occur for me when it seems like a high traffic point in time. the native client always starts "working" again within hours or a day. luckily i was able to use Time Machine to restore the client, and it works again. unfortunately, SSG has no desire to investigate or explain why this might be the issue. it's my belief that this boils down to Mac players sitting on the bench while PC players get what they pay for.

Community Member

I fellow your suggestion not to click DDO icon left in the dock. Start the launcher in the Application folder. Unfortunately, I still got identical result as clicking DDO icon in the dock. I use MacBook Pro and macOS 10.14.6. I downloaded DDO from the official website and installed it yesterday. Then I got the situation as yours. I could not start DDO. But I found one interesting thing. I also have another DDO that was downloaded and installed it via Steam at the same MacBook Pro. If I started DDO via Steam, it could work. I could login and connect to a server.

I do not know what's different between Application and Steam. Maybe this is one hint to figure out how to fix this problem. Does anyone have any suggestion?