Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Doctor Vulcana's Wristwatch - Level 29 Bracers
    • Insightful Intelligence +10
    • Combat Mastery/Tactics +18
    • Quality Resistance +4
    • Protection +18
    No one ever answered my question. What's the point of CM/Tactics 18?

Is that Insight Combat Mastery? Because 18 is super low for normal Combat Mastery.

If it's Insight CM, my tactics guy will be all over this item (completely restarting inventory tetris for him). If it's just normal CM, why in the world would I be interested? My tactics guy already has much higher Stunning and Trip bonuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Flowin' through my mind... Being here, dreaming there...

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    No one ever answered my question. What's the point of CM/Tactics 18?

Is that Insight Combat Mastery? Because 18 is super low for normal Combat Mastery.

If it's Insight CM, my tactics guy will be all over this item (completely restarting inventory tetris for him). If it's just normal CM, why in the world would I be interested? My tactics guy already has much higher Stunning and Trip bonuses.
    My guess is that CM gives a bonus to all tactics (stunning, trip and sunder), hence the low value. (As with resistance against individual reflex/will/fort).

Ps.Iirc max stunning is 23, so you will trade 5 stun for 18 trip/sunder.
    Last edited by Ballrus; 07-30-2019 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    ...Raiding is pointless because gear will eventually be replaced by better gear. Past lives are forever and thus are the only character improvement that is worth the trouble of acquiring...
    Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    ...99 million combinations of characters and only 2 grouping options...

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's actually aimed for a new class entirely, no spoilers though
    Is it a canonical class or a homebrew class?

In regards to the Profane Experiment set, you've stated this is designed for Alchemist/the new class coming out in the update post U43. Is there any chance that we could get a medium armor as well for this set? As is, the set could easily fill in some the needs for medium armored hybrid sets for classes that could benefit from USP and artifact doublestrike, AKA: Warchanters, EKs, and Battle Engineers. Bonus points if you could do negative amp versions/upgrade options to the armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's actually aimed for a new class entirely, no spoilers though
    Could you make it possible for this new class to be able to evade in medium armor at a tier 4 enhancement (so 4 levels of it is enough to acquire it) if you have improved evasion?

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilyght View Post
    Bah, I was thinking Arcane Trickster...oh well. I missed the Alchemist confirmation.
    Or, the class IS Arcane Trickster and we're being deliberately deceived to make it amusing when they reveal it.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post

Feywild Dreamer Set
    • Heroic Set Bonus: +25 Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Power, +5% Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Crit, +2 Cha, +1 Spell Focus Mastery
    • Epic Set Bonus: +50 Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Power, +10% Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Crit, +4 Cha, +3 Spell Focus Mastery

Feycraft Mail - Light Armor (same as sharn armor)
    Feyweave Robe - Robe (same as sharn armor)
    Glass Heart - Docent (same as sharn armor)
    Gossamer Weave - Cloak - Enchantment DC, Illusion DC, Spell Resistance, Spell Penetration
    Delicate Thimbletips - Gloves - Magical Efficiency, Insightful Spell Pen, Conjuration DC, Spellcraft
    The fact that Feycraft set has Spell Resistance on the Gossamer Weave Cloak means when paired with Black Satin Waist you will have two version of Spell Resistance and two version of Spell Penetration. I think most people can live with just a duplicate of Spell Penetration, but not the additional copy of Spell Resistance. The belt is one of the main sources for Quality +5 Charisma and also has Spell Penetration +9, Spell Resistance +47 and Quality Spell Focus Mastery +2.

I posted earlier about the Spell Resistance being change to Evocation to cover one of Bards main spell schools. Legendary Hallowed Trail is the only option for Bards to get +9 Evocation as , but they're unable to use that item with Feycraft set and they have no use for Radiance. The other items are even worse for Bards that want Evocation in their gear setup. The same reasons applies to Warlocks except for the Radiance part.
    Last edited by HuneyMunster; 08-01-2019 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Or, the class IS Arcane Trickster and we're being deliberately deceived to make it amusing when they reveal it.
    Wasn't Arcane Trickster a prestige class not a base class? Is it a base class in 5th ed? It would seem a cool enhancement tree maybe a universal one with some illusion, maybe a little enchantment support and some rogue stuff like maybe the same magic trap stuff as mechanic but without some of the PnP illusion spells like Illusory Sound, Disguise Self, Hallucinatory Terrain, Mirror Image, etc it would loose a lot of what makes it THE Arcane Trickster.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Default Sea Legs

Sea Legs - Boots - Water Breathing + Swim (scaling version of Underwater action, basically), Ghostly, Doublestrike, Seeker

I'm a little late to the party, but I'd like to agree with a lot of the comments about this item and hope that the devs will listen since so many players chimed in. This is an item with a lot of potential.

Ghostly and Doublestrike are solid.

Seeker should be either Insightful or Quality bonus.

Water Breathing + Swim: Please replace this with something more broadly useful. Insightful Accuracy, Insightful Constitution, Insightful Stunning, Profane Ability +2, Resistance (saves), Insightful Deception, I'd even take Doubleshot like a few have suggested.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    The fact that Feycraft set has Spell Resistance on the Gossamer Weave Cloak means when paired with Black Satin Waist you will have two version of Spell Resistance and two version of Spell Penetration. I think most people can live with just a duplicate of Spell Penetration, but not the additional copy of Spell Resistance. The belt is one of the main sources for Quality +5 Charisma and also has Spell Penetration +9, Spell Resistance +47 and Quality Spell Focus Mastery +2.

I posted earlier about the Spell Resistance being change to Evocation to cover one of Bards main spell schools. Legendary Hallowed Trail is the only option for Bards to get +9 Evocation as , but they're unable to use that item with Feycraft set and they have no use for Radiance. The other items are even worse for Bards that want Evocation in their gear setup. The same reasons applies to Warlocks except for the Radiance part.
    Agree with the part of change the Spell Resistance, but not with the arguments that you give (Ill use the new boots and caster artifact to swap the Black Satin Belt for something else).

Other options to change that Spell Resistance:
    · Potency
    · Quality Spell Penetration
    · Magical Resistance Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    Water Breathing + Swim: Please replace this with something more broadly useful.
    The scaling Water Breathing (which is a new effect) is kind of the whole point of the item. It's called "Sea Legs" for a reason. I don't see how they could remove it.

It's perfectly fine to have a weak or situational effect on an item as long as the other three effects are solid, and this item does have three solid effects.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreppo View Post
    The scaling Water Breathing (which is a new effect) is kind of the whole point of the item. It's called "Sea Legs" for a reason. I don't see how they could remove it.
    If you want to get technical, sea legs actually refers to balancing and not getting sea sick. I'd still take balance over water breathing + swim. It's at least somewhat useful. But the effects half the items in the game have, have nothing to do with the item's name.

What does seeker, ghostly, or doublestrike have to do with "sea legs"? Nothing. I mean i guess the devs could change this to under water action / swim / exceptional swim / quality swim. Then nobody would use it, but at least it would be named appropriately. :-P Sorry in advance for the corrupt-a-wish.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

Are the damage dice and crit profiles for the weapons public yet?
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789