Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strambotica View Post

As a Fey Warlock I usually invest AP on Celestial spirit Tree to get Medium Armor, and as a Bard I invest 24 AP on Warchanter to get Medium Armor. So, there is any chance to add a Medium Armor for the Feywild Dreamer. Please ^^
    I agree. Get rid of the Robe to make room for Medium Armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Strambotica View Post
    As a Fey Warlock I usually invest AP on Celestial spirit Tree to get Medium Armor, and as a Bard I invest 24 AP on Warchanter to get Medium Armor. So, there is any chance to add a Medium Armor for the Feywild Dreamer. Please ^^
    We finally get our light armor bard/warlock set and now you askin' for medium armor! Use the flamecleansed set!

Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by reywas View Post
    I haven't gotten on to Lammania yet but according to the notes, the palemaster set basically going to be exclusively used by wizards is the only casting set without +3 Spell DCs as part of the spell bonus
    The esoteric set has the DC's. The pale master set seems to be more for survivability of undead builds.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post

Radiant Shield

• Con
    • PRR
    • MRR
    • Healing Amp
    • Armor Class
    • +50% Melee Threat Increase
      • Set Bonus
      • 2 Set: +50% Melee Threat Increase
      • 3 Set: +10 MRR
      • 4 Set: Intercession Ward
    Can you change the 2 Set bonus to be +10 Natural AC (like Beast's Mantle) instead of +50% Melee Threat since there's already an overabundance of extra threat going into Patch 43?
    I will attest that a tank that plays it to the bone with the correct itemization and threat gear can hold aggro on live today against anything except for threat immune mobs such as twig blights from Ravenloft.
    Last edited by Alcides; 07-24-2019 at 11:51 PM.
    Grundable Slamhammer (R10 Tank) - Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    The esoteric set has the DC's. The pale master set seems to be more for survivability of undead builds.
    This would represent the only caster set, of any armor type in Sharn, to not include DCs. On the wizard, something that lives or dies on DCs. In comparison, the Arcsteel Battlemage for Warforged Wizards/Artificers also has those DCs. As it stands, there is no reason for a pure caster type to wear this set, as Esoteric initiate is better for DCs. And the most relevant set for repair based warforged wizards also gets the DC.

Counting up the abilities, the set seems to get the prr in exchange for only 2 damage types boosted (other caster based sets get about 3) and replaces DCs with greater boon of undeath, when there is a just released, perfectly nice cloak that does that. Only this set interferes with that cloak, one of the two palemaster specific items released in the expansion. It seems ridiculous to me that the few items recently released to get palemaster gear supported are competing directly with each other. Switch the cloak in this set to head or similar, change the Greater Boon of Undeath to DC +3, like every other caster set has (except Esoteric which has +4). That way a recently released item (Black Velvet Capelet) isn't just immediately deprecated and this set isn't worse for palemaster wizards/EKs than wearing the esoteric/arcsteel set and the black velvet capelet. It seems like a simple shift and makes a lot of sense (to me).

EKs have enough trouble with DCs as it is without making the palemaster set specfically worse for DC casting, which again, caster or gish, is the entire point of a wizard. Getting more DC trumps just about anything else for wizards. Anything less gimps you for the things wizards are expected to do.
    Last edited by reywas; 07-25-2019 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Profane Experiment Set
    • Heroic Set Bonus: +2 Sneak Attack Dice, 5% Doublestrike and Doubleshot, +2 INT, +2 CON, +25 Universal Spell Power
    • Epic Set Bonus: +3 Sneak Attack Dice, 15% Doublestrike and Doubleshot, +4 INT, +4 CON, +50 Universal Spell Power

Researcher's Leathers - Light Armor (same as sharn armor)
    Experiment Garb - Outfit (same as sharn armor)
    Sea Legs - Boots - Water Breathing + Swim (scaling version of Underwater action, basically), Ghostly, Doublestrike, Seeker
    Lenses of the Dark Depths - Goggles - Quality Assassinate, UMD, Blindness Immunity, Speed
    Experimenter's Goggles - Goggles - Search, Spot, Open Lock, Disable Device
    Why is this set consisted of very-easily replaceable or meaningless effects like, "Swim, Blindness immunity, Speed, UMD, Search, Spot, Open Lock, Disable Device"? It is very weak set.

Remember nobody uses keylock ring from Ravenloft as perma-geared item. It is just swap-item. And lvl 26 skill LGS(22+11+6) have better skills than keylock ring or this.

For current state of this set, I could expect nobody ever use this set. Far weaker than other set.
    Remember how many used Claw set, but, nobody used Marshwalker set. Most ppl even doesn't know there is Marshwalker set. This set is just revival of Marshwalker set. Need whole-overhaul.
    Last edited by draven1; 07-25-2019 at 12:31 AM.
    “Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.
    Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.
    Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.”
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by draven1 View Post
    Why is this set consisted of very-easily replaceable or meaningless effects like, "Swim, Blindness immunity, Speed, UMD, Search, Spot, Open Lock, Disable Device"? It is very weak set.

Remember nobody uses keylock ring from Ravenloft as perma-geared item. It is just swap-item. And lvl 26 skill LGS(22+11+6) have better skills than keylock ring or this.

For current state of this set, I could expect nobody ever use this set. Far weaker than other set.
    Remember how many used Claw set, but, nobody used Marshwalker set. Most ppl even doesn't know there is Marshwalker set. This set is just revival of Marshwalker set. Need whole-overhaul.
    Well the set has two goggles, the traps and a normal one, presumably so you can switch and not break the set.

I agree on the blindness, underwater action, speed, and UMD though. 2 of those are augments, speed is everywhere and at 29, everyone has plenty of UMD. This is the problem with the '4 qualities' rule. Not all of them are created equal. I would keep the underwater action/swim, but treat it as not counting against those 4 and add Freedom of Movement or some other ability. Blindness Immunity can be changed to Accuracy (Enhancement, Insightful, or quality, dealer's choice). UMD can be switched with Exceptional Cha Skills, which would still allow for UMD, but also boost diplo for inquisitives and bluff for rogues. Not sure what to (potentially) to replace speed with, it is a decent ability regardless, if likely to be overshadowed by Blinding Speed for ranged or just by an overlapping item. Quality/Insightful Deadly would be alright, or (if it exists) some stacking speed effect.

Default Some questions and observations

1. The sets all seem designed to conflict with Sharn sets (ie. they all use armour slot), yet the caster ones do not provide Artifact bonus to DCs. Is this intended and/or will there be more sets?

2. Any chance of getting a Sharn light armour in the caster set in the near future?

3. Any chance of introducing caster variant of all the Ravenloft weapons (at least from the token trader) in the near future? Ditto caster weapons of all types in Sharn.

4. Boon of undeath is cool and fun, but on elite+ it has limited utility (it becomes a few % DR). Worse, this makes an entire set much less interesting to non-PMs. It might be worth putting it on an alternate version of a set item, and adding Artifact DC bonus for the set.

5. Insightful DCs on the boots would be GREAT instead of insightful potency. There is only one non-raid item that has +4 insightful at the moment, and it's a Ravenloft scepter (hence my request in (3)).

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    We finally get our light armor bard/warlock set and now you askin' for medium armor! Use the flamecleansed set!
    My point is that if I’m investing 24 AP to get the Medium Armor Proficiency, then why I can’t use a set that was created for my class (Wlk/Bard). Just asking if they can ADD the Medium Armor, not replace the Light Armor.

In both Warlock and Bard, I’m sacrificing AP that I could put elsewhere to get the Medium Armor Proficiency.

So, why not have the option?

Edit: btw, thanks devs for this Set, really hope i could use it ^^
    Last edited by Strambotica; 07-25-2019 at 04:28 AM.

Voltaic Experiment

• Int
    • Doublestrike
    • Doubleshot
    • Electric Spell Power
    • Acid Spell Power
      • Set Bonus
      • 2 Set: +10 Universal Spell Power
      • 3 Set: +2 Doublestrike and Doubleshot
    Could you add another filigree option in this set? Melee or ranged power would be too strong so maybe something along the lines of +1 attack and damage. Something that would be useful to more builds.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Santras View Post
    Could you add another filigree option in this set? Melee or ranged power would be too strong so maybe something along the lines of +1 attack and damage. Something that would be useful to more builds.
    This set is pure garbage, add more MP/RP not save it. Nobody in sanity mind will take this over Crackshot Negotiator set. So... just leave, deadborn thingies must still dead.

Community Member

Much of this gear is very niche I do not foresee this pack selling very well.

There are a lot of things that at a glance seem to fill someones pet project of palemancer, eldritch knight, inquisitive and as always artificer gear.

The first interesting item that stands out is the Sea Legs but the seeker on there is redundant with the part of the family set and the swim part is flavor.

Non set items

bracers- some interesting stuff on there but competes with str artifact and castigators unlikely to get used if it stays in the bracers slot.

cloak- competing with the best insightful con item in the game unlikely to get used

Basically I see a lot of loot tetris happening here where if I try to use one item I have to shuffle 3-5 items to make it work. Will try to plan out some potential gear layouts but it does not look promising so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kielbasa View Post
    The first interesting item that stands out is the Sea Legs but the seeker on there is redundant with the part of the family set and the swim part is flavor.
    If it was Insightful or Quality Seeker they would be very interesting IMO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk View Post
    If it was Insightful or Quality Seeker they would be very interesting IMO.
    Interesting but...nope, ranged DPS are having a hard Time putting seeker somewhere
    and the seeker items are by far too few in the game currently, this item helps a lot the gear puzzling
    by allowing not only one but TWO useful bonus on a new slot (Boots) keep it like that, not everyone is a melee dps who wants to benefit from
    Hammerfist gloves and this at the same time, think about the others.

Why is Legendary Screamshatter 5[W] compared to 5.5[W] for Legendary Nightshade Shooter?
    Kobeyashi | Ying

so when I look at that insight WIS/hamp/q PRR necklace, Im like, yeah, that is a nice stat combo. I wanna wear that ... idk, on a monk, on a cleric, on a fvs, on anything that can fit it rly and makes use of WIS.

THEN, i go and look, ok so these builds that could make use of this item and be happy wearing it, what kind of other items, say sets do they wear?

and then im like, ok I cant wear it on wis based melee cause family recruit sigil ...

I wont use it on a tank that wants extra hamp and a slight boost to aasimar self heals ... cause it conflicts with the tank set too ...

so er, that leaves casters? BUT, there is that neck thing with divine caster level + ... so, idk ....

bottom line is, this looks like a nice item, but WHICHEVER build I consider using it on it just doesn't fit in.

so outa curiosity, did anybody during the creation of this item consider what other items it would be used with together sensibly?`

IF you did, I'd be very keen on the logic behind that combo of effects in that slot ...

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    This set is pure garbage, add more MP/RP not save it. Nobody in sanity mind will take this over Crackshot Negotiator set. So... just leave, deadborn thingies must still dead.
    Feedback like this is not constructive. If you would like things to change, this method will not work :P

Quote Originally Posted by pjw View Post
    1. The sets all seem designed to conflict with Sharn sets (ie. they all use armour slot), yet the caster ones do not provide Artifact bonus to DCs. Is this intended and/or will there be more sets?
    The Enchanter set (Feywild) has DCs. The Hybrid set (that will make a lot more sense with U44, no spoilers tho :P) does not because it is a hybrid set built for spell DPS and quick attacks (aka EK-style builds).

I am torn on giving the Negative set DCs. Do you think it would make it too strong? Definitely open to suggestions on that front.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Feedback like this is not constructive. If you would like things to change, this method will not work :P

The Enchanter set (Feywild) has DCs. The Hybrid set (that will make a lot more sense with U44, no spoilers tho :P) does not because it is a hybrid set built for spell DPS and quick attacks (aka EK-style builds).

I am torn on giving the Negative set DCs. Do you think it would make it too strong? Definitely open to suggestions on that front.

the voltatic experiment set does seem weak.

maybe double the bonus? and add mp/rp to the options?

its not bad...... but it doesnt feel like something that reaches out and grabs me.
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    its not bad...... but it doesnt feel like something that reaches out and grabs me.
    Agreed. Any ideas on something fun to throw in?
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post

Wizards are DC based, completely.It doesn't matter if you are talking about caster or EK wizard, their primary role is still the same - DC casting. If you don't give it dcs, it is essentially a trap set. And the only caster set with out the +3 or 4 DCs. Please consider changing Cloak->Hat or something else and replace Greater Boon of Undeath to DCs (if it is a matter of number of abilites). This way Palemasters using the palemaster set can use the recently released sharn Black Velvet Capelet and you can put the DCs on the set.

As it stands, it will be worse for pure caster palemasters than Esoteric Initiate and worse for EKs than the Arcsteel Battlemage set. Please put DCs on the set, I want to use it, but wizards have to maximize DCs or be gimped at end game.
    Last edited by reywas; 07-25-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast