Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    I think putting insight 10 stats on artifacts is a mistake, because you can slot insight 10 stats elsewhere. You can only wear ONE artifact, so the ones with +23 enhancement are going to be the prime ones by default because you CANNOT slot that elsewhere. Make them +23 enhancement like all the other artifacts.

I think making Intercession Ward a bonus AFTER +50% threat is a big mistake. People either want threat or they REALLY REALLY REALLY do not. Putting something useful AFTER threat in a filigree set bonus is a mistake. Any threat increase should always be the LAST bonus in a set so that people can avoid it if they don't want it.
    +22 enhancment is the highest on minor artifacts, not 23.

Insightful slots are limited, and you can craft +21 stat on quite a few sharn items. I like these new items, they loosen up some of the gearing quite a bit.
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post

Doctor LeRoux's Curious Implant - Level 29 Necklace
    • Insightful Wisdom +10
    • Insightful Healing Amplification +47
    • Quality Healing Amplification +24
    • Quality Physical Resistance Rating +14
    You guys just really don't like wisdom healers? Wisdom artifacts have been all around bad for them. Wis spell power was blocked by set, wis damage isn't meant for them, wis heal amp blocks conduit of the soul.
    Might I suggest changing the name to something like Monacle and making it an goggles item?

Feywild Dreamer Set
    • Heroic Set Bonus: +25 Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Power, +5% Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Crit, +2 Cha, +1 Spell Focus Mastery
    • Epic Set Bonus: +50 Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Power, +10% Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Crit, +4 Cha, +3 Spell Focus Mastery

Feycraft Mail - Light Armor (same as sharn armor)
    Feyweave Robe - Robe (same as sharn armor)
    Glass Heart - Docent (same as sharn armor)
    Gossamer Weave - Cloak - Enchantment DC, Illusion DC, Spell Resistance, Spell Penetration
    Delicate Thimbletips - Gloves - Magical Efficiency, Insightful Spell Pen, Conjuration DC, Spellcraft
    First:
    THANK YOU!! I can finally get rid of my slavers set on my spellsinger bard!

Second:
    Are these minimum level 15 like the rest of Sharn gear, or are they level 17 like the adventure pack? Would be a bit odd that you would require bards/warlocks/pale masters to wait 2 more levels to get their set bonuses when everyone else gets them at 15.

Third:
    The Gossamer Weave looks great; it helps both bards and warlocks with their enchantments and illusions (not super keen on the illusion DC's, but it's thematic), and more spell penetration is always welcome against those nasty Drow and I'm glad to see spell resistance getting some love. I have no real qualms with this item.

I'm not really sure about the gloves, since it seems geared almost entirely towards warlocks and ignores bards (except insightful spell pen). Bards have grease and glitterdust that benefit from conjuration DC's, but they're not widely used. Magic Efficiency is on EVERYTHING nowadays, and spellcraft is only really beneficial to warlocks (bards use perform and heal, and spellsingers that use horn of thunder are rarer than a snowball in a volcano, in fact I've never seen one outside of mid-level heroics). When I think of the Feywild, I think more thematic (and globally useful) things would be quality reflexes/willpower, saves vs enchantments/illusions, immunity to charms/domination, spell threat reduction, maybe sonic absorption, etc. I think if you replaced the spellcraft bonus with one of those it would be more widely useful.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

A bar stool on stage at the Crossroads Tavern

On the feywild dreamer set, would it be possible to add a medium armor for those warlocks that might be interested in this set?

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    First:
    THANK YOU!! I can finally get rid of my slavers set on my spellsinger bard!
    You're welcome. Now do you believe me that we don't hate light armor casters? :P

Second:
    Are these minimum level 15 like the rest of Sharn gear, or are they level 17 like the adventure pack? Would be a bit odd that you would require bards/warlocks/pale masters to wait 2 more levels to get their set bonuses when everyone else gets them at 15.
    I also agree that it's weird, but this is kind of how the pack shook out, level-wise. Yes, they're 17, and yes, that's not very elegant.

Third:
    The Gossamer Weave looks great; it helps both bards and warlocks with their enchantments and illusions (not super keen on the illusion DC's, but it's thematic), and more spell penetration is always welcome against those nasty Drow and I'm glad to see spell resistance getting some love. I have no real qualms with this item.

I'm not really sure about the gloves, since it seems geared almost entirely towards warlocks and ignores bards (except insightful spell pen). Bards have grease and glitterdust that benefit from conjuration DC's, but they're not widely used. Magic Efficiency is on EVERYTHING nowadays, and spellcraft is only really beneficial to warlocks (bards use perform and heal, and spellsingers that use horn of thunder are rarer than a snowball in a volcano, in fact I've never seen one outside of mid-level heroics). When I think of the Feywild, I think more thematic (and globally useful) things would be quality reflexes/willpower, saves vs enchantments/illusions, immunity to charms/domination, spell threat reduction, maybe sonic absorption, etc. I think if you replaced the spellcraft bonus with one of those it would be more widely useful.
    This is great feedback!

Saves versus Spells is likely the replacement for Spellcraft, unless anyone else has any better ideas.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    You're welcome. Now do you believe me that we don't hate light armor casters? :P

I also agree that it's weird, but this is kind of how the pack shook out, level-wise. Yes, they're 17, and yes, that's not very elegant.

This is great feedback!

Saves versus Spells is likely the replacement for Spellcraft, unless anyone else has any better ideas.
    I think it was a much more of a miscommunication than anything else.

I think I'd prefer spell threat reduction on the gloves, actually. It fits very thematically with the Feywild (subtle spellcasting), it's a fairly rare item enchantment, it helps protect spellcasting-focused bards and warlocks which tend to be fairly squishy, and, as an aside, it makes bards/warlocks less likely to steal threat from tanks and makes it easier to pull threat off them (which seems to be sort of a trend with this expansion and the epic destiny changes, to increase the threat generated by tanks). No tank warlock is going to be using this set, so it won't interfere with them either.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Systems Designer

I think it was a much more of a miscommunication than anything else.
    I tried many, many times to tell you folks that a set like this was coming in the literal next update :P

I think I'd prefer spell threat reduction on the gloves, actually. It fits very thematically with the Feywild (subtle spellcasting), it's a fairly rare item enchantment, it helps protect spellcasting-focused bards and warlocks which tend to be fairly squishy, and, as an aside, it makes bards/warlocks less likely to steal threat from tanks and makes it easier to pull threat off them (which seems to be sort of a trend with this expansion and the epic destiny changes, to increase the threat generated by tanks). No tank warlock is going to be using this set, so it won't interfere with them either.
    Sure, sounds good to me.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber

SET ITEMS
    The last few updates have been nice with additional item sets to choose from. This is feedback I and others have given for years, and it is nice to see it in implementation after a long hiatus. Choices for gear should always be difficult, without always defaulting to "best in slot" and instead making thoughtful choices based on combinations of set gear. Thank you for taking the feedback!
    Griglok (main)- Cleric (TRing), Duelcore- Wiz 18/FvS 2, Embezzler- Rogue, Fiergen- Ftr 8/Rgr 6/Mnk 6, Greyhead- monk, Havegun- Ftr 2/Pal 18, Jayberwocky- Ftr 8/Mnk 12, Laciolux- Clr 16/FvS 4, Prototech- Artificer, Rendorc- Barbarian, Seasharp- Bard
    Leader- The Casual Obsession ___Khyber___

Community Member

Feywild Dreamer Set
    • Heroic Set Bonus: +25 Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Power, +5% Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Crit, +2 Cha, +1 Spell Focus Mastery
    • Epic Set Bonus: +50 Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Power, +10% Sonic, Force, Light, Acid Spell Crit, +4 Cha, +3 Spell Focus Mastery

Gossamer Weave - Cloak - Enchantment DC, Illusion DC, Spell Resistance, Spell Penetration
    Delicate Thimbletips - Gloves - Magical Efficiency, Insightful Spell Pen, Conjuration DC, Spellcraft
    This seems really aligned with Warlock - except for Fire, sorry Infernal Pact. Any chance of adding a Medium armor iteration for ES?

Screamshatter - Light (non-repeating) Crossbow - Sonic, Sonic on Crit, Improved Destruction, Big Huge Lightning Strike Proc (think Stormreaver's Thunderclap)
    It seems like we've been getting "Heroic ML X/Epic ML 29" formula gear for a while now. While I get that people at cap need cap-tier gear and cap-tier quest content...there's already a few decent non-repeating crossbow options at L29. Sharn launched with two named ones already for L29 Inquisitives, plus a craftable one, and there was already a few options there like RL bows to begin with. But almost nothing available for Epic under L29.

Any chance we can make an exception to the formula and make this one, say, ML22 or 23? Scaled accordingly? There's a BIG gap right now for named Sentience-accepting non-repeating xbows for ETRing. You're stuck with either a woefully dated ES Challenge weapon, or grinding out an Epic Storm in the even-more-dated SSS system.

Or adding a new xbow in that level range. Or adding a lower tier of Sharn crafting, like ES and Cannith challenge and Crystal Cove gear comes at different levels. Or something.

Community Member

Great stuff, especially the profane experiment set, like it was made specifically for some melee caster / assassins.

Good job on the boots as well, finally a third item (second non-raid) with doublestrike and some other nice yummies bonus with it!

As for the undead set, finally (another) set! and with multiple armors! Would want to wear it just for the principle of having another "necro" set icon showing in the buff list X)...

but as it stand, it is not quite good enough for me to not jump on the profane one (and I understand that the profane one is dps oriented and the other one is....undead).

But I think the undead one would need something more unique, maybe give a bonus for each shroud based/taken from other existing sets..? Lemme explain.

Zombie - tank - if you are in the zombie shroud you get a bonus found on the guardian of the gates set (not a random one each time, a fixed one chosen by the devs,)

Would look like something like that:
    additionally if you are in an undead shroud (which you should be anyway for using such a set..) you gain a bonus based on the shroud you are currently in:

Zombie : +15 prr ; +10% AC

Vampire : +15% doublestrike/doubleshot; +20 melee power

Wraith :+3 sneak attack die ; +25% fort bypass

Lich : +3 DC to all spells

Of course you can change the values/ number of bonuses given....thoughts?
    (If it's a bit too much, remove one or two of the already existing bonuses of the set, like boon and/or 20 prr..?)
    Last edited by PublicEnemy; 07-24-2019 at 08:54 PM.

I tried many, many times to tell you folks that a set like this was coming in the literal next update :P

If only I could buy Nearly Finished crafting components to test the gear and XP scaling.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
    Great stuff, especially the profane experiment set, like it was made specifically for some melee caster / assassins.

Good job on the boots as well, finally a third item (second non-raid) with doublestrike and some other nice yummies bonus with it!

As for the undead set, finally (another) set! and with multiple armors! Would want to wear it just for the principle of having another "necro" set icon showing in the buff list X)...

but as it stand, it is not quite good enough for me to not jump on the profane one (and I understand that the profane one is dps oriented and the other one is....undead).

But I think the undead one would need something more unique, maybe give a bonus for each shroud based/taken from other existing sets..? Lemme explain.

Zombie - tank - if you are in the zombie shroud you get a bonus found on the guardian of the gates set (not a random one each time, a fixed one chosen by the devs,)

Would look like something like that:
    additionally if you are in an undead shroud (which you should be anyway for using such a set..) you gain a bonus based on the shroud you are currently in:

Zombie : +15 prr ; +10% AC

Vampire : +15% doublestrike/doubleshot; +20 melee power

Wraith :+3 sneak attack die ; +25% fort bypass

Lich : +3 DC to all spells

Of course you can change the values/ number of bonuses given....thoughts?
    (If it's a bit too much, remove one or two of the already existing bonuses of the set, like boon and/or 10% crit..?)
    I actually like this if this were to be used as a solution to the earlier posted DC concerns, or something along these lines. The Current PRR for Zombie, Doublestrike/Shot for Vamp, etc, etc.

It really would be better though if it got the +3 DCs anyways like every other sharn casting set. I realize you can't answer every nerd with an opinion, but at this point, it seems you are avoiding everyone raising similar issues about the palemaster set. Thank you for any consideration of the feedback and in general your work listening to the nerds.
    Last edited by reywas; 07-24-2019 at 08:55 PM.

2014 DDO Players Council

Now do you believe me that we don't hate light armor casters? :P
    Not really, no. The DC caster set is still robes-only. So even DC casters from classes that are automatically proficient in Medium or Heavy (no feat or enhancement needed) need to use robes to get the set bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Not really, no. The DC caster set is still robes-only. So even DC casters from classes that are automatically proficient in Medium or Heavy (no feat or enhancement needed) need to use robes to get the set bonus.
    That's not quite what I'm seeing or maybe I'm misunderstanding?

Example:

From this example both light and unarmored get the DC set bonuses however only the robe gets the exceptional spell power and spell lore.

Also ALL the cloth armors look like this when equipped:

2 of the 3 cloaks look like this drab, uninspired gray on gray cloak:

The third cloak looks the same as the orange sharn cloak with candles on it.

The Legendary Delicate Thimbletips erroneously have these effects:

I didn't see the Sunken Slippers instead I found this item with identical effects to those listed for the slippers:

The effect on the sea legs which is upposed to grant a scaled version of swim claims to be giving ZERO swim:

Ironically, I logged on mostly just to see the cosmetic appearance of the armors, cloaks, goggles but it doesn't look like much of anything is in its final state so instead I found some bugs.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    snip
    All of these bugs have been fixed internally (except for whatever the heck is up with that Swim +0... this is a note to myself to look into this tomorrow morning!)

Item appearances are often the last part of itemization as new art usually shows up after we pull our preview builds.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    That's not quite what I'm seeing or maybe I'm misunderstanding?

Example:

From this example both light and unarmored get the DC set bonuses however only the robe gets the exceptional spell power and spell lore.

I haven't gotten on to Lammania yet but according to the notes, the palemaster set basically going to be exclusively used by wizards is the only casting set without +3 Spell DCs as part of the spell bonus

Community Member

Druids Curse chain on heroic should definitely be on this list. I would even say Inspirational Quarters Quests are underperforming for XP as well.

And I see the second madness chain is on there but if a chain needs tamed down it is this one.

Item appearances are often the last part of itemization as new art usually shows up after we pull our preview builds.
    I am sad. Just imagine big, sad eyes.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

ARTIFACTS
    Doctor LeRoux's Curious Implant - Level 29 Necklace
    • Insightful Wisdom +10
    • Quality Healing Amplification +24
    As a DC Caster Favored Soul I can’t get 22 Wisdom from artifact?
    Can’t use the Bracers because break the Flamecleansed set and can’t use the Ring because need the slots for profane spell focus from The Shattered Onix and Sapphire ring for Profane Well Rounded. Also, can get the +10 Insightful Wisdom from the Orb or Shattered Onix.
    So, there is any chance to fix the Necklace to something like:
    • Wisdom +22
    • Wizardry +481

SET ITEMS
    Feywild Dreamer Set

As a Fey Warlock I usually invest AP on Celestial spirit Tree to get Medium Armor, and as a Bard I invest 24 AP on Warchanter to get Medium Armor. So, there is any chance to add a Medium Armor for the Feywild Dreamer. Please ^^

Edit. Since now can't use the cloak L. Hallowed Trail for Radiance, there is any chance in the future to do a Resonance/Radiance, Acid/Radiance, Combustion/Radiance 1 handed weapon?
    Last edited by Strambotica; 07-24-2019 at 11:22 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast