Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Suggestion: Can PMs have in Tier 1 or 2 a special EK spellsword option which is a negative energy spellsword? I think that would be awesomely cool and make perfect sense. Dark Spellsword: Converts your spellsword elemental damage to necromatic energy, benefiting from nullification spell power etc etc. 1 AP.

I am trying to see what synergies can be made with Touch of Despair dark monk finisher since it enhances negative energy vulnerability.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Community Member

Default Healing and light damage in shroud form

*Can I recommend you make healing in shroud form part of the 4th tier feature "Deathly Versatile"? Not only do you gain the ability to take another undead form, but you are capable of keeping part of your frame connected to the realm of the living such that you are able to convert positive energy into negative healing for your undead frame. This at least gives a bit of story to explain why the undead might be receiving healing from positive energy.

*As a long time player of Pale Masters (half of my toons are some variant), I believe taking additional damage from light is part of the interest of playing the character... I rush clerics and divine casters as soon as I enter any room (as it ought to be). I think you're right to get rid of the way over the top damage for vampire, but I think the best you should be able to achieve with enhancement options is moving the damage from 100% to like 50%. Helps preserve the character flavor.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenWalker View Post
    *Can I recommend you make healing in shroud form part of the 4th tier feature "Deathly Versatile"? Not only do you gain the ability to take another undead form, but you are capable of keeping part of your frame connected to the realm of the living such that you are able to convert positive energy into negative healing for your undead frame. This at least gives a bit of story to explain why the undead might be receiving healing from positive energy.

*As a long time player of Pale Masters (half of my toons are some variant), I believe taking additional damage from light is part of the interest of playing the character... I rush clerics and divine casters as soon as I enter any room (as it ought to be). I think you're right to get rid of the way over the top damage for vampire, but I think the best you should be able to achieve with enhancement options is moving the damage from 100% to like 50%. Helps preserve the character flavor.
    Since the reaper self heal debuff is the need for the 50% positive incoming healing ( yuck) we need an alternate way for pale masters to SELF heal in reaper.

Some options:
    Increased negative heal amp in PM tree (best option imo)
    Increased negative spell power in PM tree (maybe to OP for damage)
    Add neg heal amp/sp in reaper trees (yuck)

Another option I had for dealing with the positive healing concerns (which I am against the 50% from pos. healing) is:
    Introduce new pots that heal with neg energy and can even make it thematic and flavorfully named after each shroud

1. Mashed brains (magnitude of a cure moderate wounds)
    2. Vampire blood (magnitude of a cure serious wounds)
    3. Wraith dust [?? struggling for a name here] (magnitude of a cure critical wounds)
    4. Dracolich venom (magnitude of a heal spell)

Level gating probably would be needed for lower levels and possibly cool downs variations for all levels
    Now somewhere deep into the palemaster tree (tier 5? 4th or 5th core??) add a buff to drinking these potions i.e.:

Negative energy potions have triple (??) the effect and/or double your neg heal amp for 30(??) seconds ( must be less time than cd of a potion) . Just throwing ideas out there open to suggestions here to better enable Pale master's SELF healing in reaper mode

Community Member

"Unholy Avatar: While in an Undead Shroud, your Negative Energy attacks leave a lingering debuff on undead foes that leaves them vulnerable to Negative Energy if they were immune."

Has anyone tested how exactly this works?

All undead simply become vulnerable to Negative Energy? Or I must first hit an undead with a negative spell to apply the debuff, then cast another spell to actually damage it? And will this work with Inflict Weariness (your attacks inflict 2-9 points of Negative Energy damage to a living target)?

Default Over 9000 hp/tick healing!

Mmm this new update is kinda interesting....

If i stack everything correctly ill be healing for almost 11,000 hp a tick. Or 550 in R10. I don’t think anyone can possibly compete with that for self healing. I wonder if i can face tank r10 bosses with that kind of healing. Maybe, should be interesting.

Edit: o sorry, my numbers are off.
    After the epic destiny pass it should be ~13,000 a tick.
    Last edited by Pilgrim1; 08-01-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    Mmm this new update is kinda interesting....

If i stack everything correctly ill be healing for almost 11,000 hp a tick. Or 550 in R10. I don’t think anyone can possibly compete with that for self healing. I wonder if i can face tank r10 bosses with that kind of healing. Maybe, should be interesting.

Edit: o sorry, my numbers are off.
    After the epic destiny pass it should be ~13,000 a tick.
    Math on this one?

The new aura is 27 unmodified per tick, let's be generous and say 300hp. The two old auras together are ~20 unmodified, so about 200hp. All together 500hp every 3 seconds (if it works like the other). You would need over 2000% amplification to get your numbers.

Also, I haven't tried Negative Energy Burst since the change to dice, but there have been earlier reports on the forum that the healing part wasn't increased as much as the damage part. In any case this wasn't changed from what I can see in the change log?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LurkingVeteran View Post
    Math on this one?
    You just cast it at 100% crit with a ton of crit multiplier under arch mage supremacy. More realistic #s for a necro setup is 5k or so a tick for greater death aura alone. If you cast lesser and normal death aura before and after it, at 2 second ticks you will have 3-5k hp healing ticks every second.

It will never make it live. Don't worry.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 08-02-2019 at 07:34 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    You just cast it at 100% crit with a ton of crit multiplier under arch mage supremacy. More realistic #s for a necro setup is 5k or so a tick for greater death aura alone. If you cast lesser and normal death aura before and after it, at 2 second ticks you will have 3-5k hp healing ticks every second.

It will never make it live. Don't worry.
    So what you’re saying is that it’s not the aura, because 27 is a fairly small number, but the amount of crit and crit multiplier? Btw I wanna see some screenshots of 5k a tick, otherwise it’s all heresy to nerf something that hasn’t even happened yet. I don’t think that’s possible but prove your point if you want to make it.

Community Member

Math never solves anything...
    Last edited by Tilomere; 08-02-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Math never solves anything...
    I’m not sure if you’re trolling or just completely unreasonable. Remember in school when they would say “show your work?” I think most of the people on the forums respect actual numbers, screen shots, and data; as opposed to ridiculous claims on how the (ddo) world is doomed and the end is near. I have no data as I’m not on Lam so I cannot be sure how insane your claims are but they seem fairly unlikely. If you don’t want to back up your gospel with tangible evidence then keep your doomsaying to yourself, thanks.

Community Member

Math works fine if you use the right numbers. While the descriptions of many things are wrong in the game, using math will help elucidate which parts are wrong. Based on the changes given by Steelstar, I don't see 13k healing ticks happening, so something seems not WAI.

At the end of the day you have 47 unmodified healing to work with. This is good, great even, similar to a Cure Critical every 3s, but it's not going to average, or even peak at 13k. Even assuming 100% crit and temporary buffs like arcane supremacy with x4 multiplier, you are not going to see more than 47*13*4 = 2444hp ticks before healing amp. To reach 13000 you would need over 400% amp. The only way I see these numbers happening is if something is stacking in a non-WAI way. For example negative and positive amp multiplying together, which would be a bug.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LurkingVeteran View Post
    Math works fine if you use the right numbers. While the descriptions of many things are wrong in the game, using math will help elucidate which parts are wrong. Based on the changes given by Steelstar, I don't see 13k healing ticks happening, so something seems not WAI.

At the end of the day you have 47 unmodified healing to work with. This is good, great even, similar to a Cure Critical every 3s, but it's not going to average, or even peak at 13k. Even assuming 100% crit and temporary buffs like arcane supremacy with x4 multiplier, you are not going to see more than 47*13*4 = 2444hp ticks before healing amp. To reach 13000 you would need over 400% amp. The only way I see these numbers happening is if something is stacking in a non-WAI way. For example negative and positive amp multiplying together, which would be a bug.
    Pretty interesting. The Greater Aura does seem to have some interesting potential if someone tried really, really hard to break it using lots of temporary buffs like Arcane Supremacy but the same could be said with a lot of things in the game. Literally anything you cast under AS is pretty insane, though it’s what, a 30 sec window? Been awhile since I did a wiz life (but that might change here soon). Also in reaper...it’s not gonna be that good. Because that’s the only thing worth talking about, since most toons at cap are nigh unkillable in elite anyway.

Mmm i suppose if i post my math it might get nerfed? Still its an interesting build stile to play around with. This is pure PM with new enhancements and the new magister tree.

100% crit chance - easy to get with the 25 from supremacy and gear inflation.

Crit damage:
    200 base
    100 supremacy
    60 master of magic (hard to maintain)
    25 Wellspring of power
    35 LGS
    — 410% crit damage

Spell power:
    Not gonna break it down, just assuming 1400 spell power with wellspring.

Amp:
    60 filigree
    40 item
    80 item
    76 enhancements
    20 scion
    —276 amp

15*4.1*3.76 = 231 multiplyer.

CL 29, mcl 23, death aura mcl 33.
    lesser: 1d4 = 2.5
    DA: 2d4 + 14 = 19
    Greater DA power 3d4 + 23 = 30.5
    Total=52

231 x 52 =12,012

I expect 1250 negative spell power is more than most get but not the max possible. The new draconic destiny gives more spell crit damage, there are some filigress that so it to. Also some CL increases may be possible, also switching to lvl 30 scion of fire may give more healing. I haven't worked out the final numbers yet. My initial 13000 came when i thought that lesser DA gave 2d4, instead of 1d4.

You can see what i did on live some years ago with worse gear:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...re!?highlight=
    Last edited by Pilgrim1; 08-02-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Community Member

Mmm i suppose if i post my math it might get nerfed? Still its an interesting build stile to play around with. This is pure PM with new enhancements and the new magister tree.

Crit damage:
    200 base
    100 supremacy
    25 Wellspring of power
    35 LGS
    — 410% crit damage

Spell power:

Amp:
    60 filigree
    40 item
    80 item
    76 enhancements
    20 scion
    —276 amp

That's two short-duration buffs and Master of Knowledge (which I forgot). Unless it's still possible to get multiple stacks from Arcane Blast, that's also going to be hard to maintain as you suggest. If you are right that auras actually maintain the buffs they were cast with (not sure if WAI or not), then yes I guess it's possible to reach these numbers. While the new aura is possibly too good, it seems you should already have been able to reach perhaps even higher burst healing on Forged using Recon and similar setup to above. I'm not saying it's not strong. I'm honestly a bit baffled why PMs were given this with the positive healing change. If Neg. Energy Burst works properly, there should be no need for more healing.

I was expecting some undead charm/finger or self-rez ability considering the lore on both Liches and Vampires, and Lich seems a bit weak generally. Perhaps a bit of temp hp would have been a better choice if they want more survivability.
    Last edited by LurkingVeteran; 08-03-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Default Quick question re Animate Ally

Quick question re Animate Ally. Under new changes this provides " 18 second cooldown. Target no longer takes damage over time. Zombie Form is removed on Rest or Death."

Can this be used on hires or other players only? The reason I ask this is, it could give new oppotunities if used on hires to get them to a shrine where you may not have alternative UMD in order to rez or heal them otherwise and this preventing mostly solo wipes. I also would like the play style on using an undead owlbear for the lol

Community Member

Crit damage:
    200 base
    100 supremacy
    25 Wellspring of power
    35 LGS
    — 410% crit damage

Spell power:

Amp:
    60 filigree
    40 item
    80 item
    76 enhancements
    20 scion
    —276 amp

15*4.1*3.76 = 231 multiplyer.

CL 29, mcl 23, death aura mcl 33.
    lesser: 1d4 = 2.5
    DA: 2d4 + 14 = 19
    Greater DA power 3d4 + 23 = 30.5
    Total=52

231 x 52 =12,012

I expect 1250 negative spell power is more than most get but not the max possible. The new draconic destiny gives more spell crit damage, there are some filigress that so it to. Also some CL increases may be possible, also switching to lvl 30 scion of fire may give more healing. I haven't worked out the final numbers yet. My initial 13000 came when i thought that lesser DA gave 2d4, instead of 1d4.

You can see what i did on live some years ago with worse gear:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...re!?highlight=
    Well the link you provided isn’t actually a video, just you theory crafting. And arcane supremacy only lasts 12 seconds, once every 90 seconds. It feels really hard to maintain such a thing. But I’ve seen a heal crit on my monk for 18k from a Fvs consistently without pretty much one of the best temporary spell buffs in the game (looking at you AS). I can really only say that you’re trivializing the difficulty of making these stars align and the ease of actually keeping this up during an actual high level reaper q on live. Of course, that’s just my opinion. If I’m wrong, yeah I’d say it should be changed but I’d love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havocthedemon View Post
    Well the link you provided isn’t actually a video, just you theory crafting. And arcane supremacy only lasts 12 seconds, once every 90 seconds. It feels really hard to maintain such a thing. But I’ve seen a heal crit on my monk for 18k from a Fvs consistently without pretty much one of the best temporary spell buffs in the game (looking at you AS). I can really only say that you’re trivializing the difficulty of making these stars align and the ease of actually keeping this up during an actual high level reaper q on live. Of course, that’s just my opinion. If I’m wrong, yeah I’d say it should be changed but I’d love to see it.
    That link is not theory crafting, its a wizard variant i played for a bit. I learned a fair bit while playing that build, the key points where listed bellow. I did not bother making a full build post because 95% of it is standard wizard. Instead i posted key differences between standard wizard and that version.

Some aspects of the build are difficult to maintain, such as the master of magic. Additionally timing all the gear swaps and clickes to be used in that 12 second window is difficult. However it is not the most complicated build to play, not by a long shot.

Community Member

Hahaha. Your wasting your time Pilgrim1. Math doesn't trump faith.

Community Member

Very happy in general with these changes. I get people not being happy about positive energy healing undead, but I am quite happy with it. It would be fine if it was made part of an enhancement, so people could decide against it if they want.

Also, as others have mentioned, it would be nice if the lich had a little more to the form, but overall like the changes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Please stop trying to nerf palemaster wisdom-based falconry builds they have enough challenges as it is.
    They don't have assassinate ability. Only rogues can assassinate. So, only give assassinate bonuses to rogue enhancement trees.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345