Community Member

Default Sealed in Amber: Madam Eva is Missing

I could not find a better spot to put this. Has anyone else tried to run the quest Sealed in Amber recently?

I am asking this as Madam Eva appears to be missing from the quest. She is not by the entrance, and even after full clearing the dungeon, finding the Symbol, and completing all the side objectives, it is impossible to get quest completion because you have to talk to her. Was wondering if anyone knows a work around or has any word on this, or has experienced this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy1 View Post
    I could not find a better spot to put this. Has anyone else tried to run the quest Sealed in Amber recently?

I am asking this as Madam Eva appears to be missing from the quest. She is not by the entrance, and even after full clearing the dungeon, finding the Symbol, and completing all the side objectives, it is impossible to get quest completion because you have to talk to her. Was wondering if anyone knows a work around or has any word on this, or has experienced this.
    She was relocated close to the end fight in a recent update. She is now in the room with the model castle just before the end fight.
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

Community Member

I did not see her in that room, but will try looking again. Thank you for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy1 View Post
    I did not see her in that room, but will try looking again. Thank you for the answer.
    Sure thing, here is the exact quote from the update 42 release notes

"Sealed in Amber: Madam Eva is no longer found at the quest entrance. Her objective and dialogue have been altered.
    Sealed in Amber: The number of enemies has been reduced."
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

Ya very last room. You will need all the codes.
    Khyber IN BAD COMPANY Longand Drunkmage Sexyheals Fullforce

Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    She was relocated close to the end fight in a recent update. She is now in the room with the model castle just before the end fight.
    You are right that she's right before the end fight, but that room is not the room with the model castle, that's a completely separate area. She's in the first chamber of the library, facing the door that leads to the main hall of the temple
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    You are right that she's right before the end fight, but that room is not the room with the model castle, that's a completely separate area. She's in the first chamber of the library, facing the door that leads to the main hall of the temple
    Her location is semi-random. I think I have seen her in like 3 different places.

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Her location is semi-random. I think I have seen her in like 3 different places.
    Ah okay, did not know that. She's been in the same library location the last 4 times I ran it
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Really? I have only ever found her in the library. I am really surprised! Screenshot?
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    Really? I have only ever found her in the library. I am really surprised! Screenshot?
    Will try to get when I get back into level range but from wiki....

As of Update 42, Madam Eva no longer appears at the entrance. She may be found in the Library, accessed through the Lich's chamber or main hall (both requiring the "Maverus"/Password #4, or "Etherna"/Password 3 and enough Search to detect the secret door in the East gold coin chamber). Additional testing required to determine if that is the only location she appears in, thus leaving Update tag on for the time being.

And I have found Eva near the castle room as well.

I don't remember putting her in the model castle room.

...how drunk was I?

In the current build on the live servers, Madame Eva is always found in the Library in the Amber Temple.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Wow... this thread looks like corrupt a wish.

You need to find 1 scroll, the MRAK one.

After that go to the Lich room. Upper level, top left. Heal the lich and he gives you another code.

Leave that room through the SW door. It curves down to the left and terminates at a secret door. When you go through the door you are in the central line of rooms leading north to the end fight with Strahd.

DO NOT turn left to the end yet. Madam Eva is tucked in tight and hard to see when you first open the secret door. Move to your right like you were going to exit south then turn and face north. You will be looking right at her.

Alternately, you can get the code to the lower level, middle door on the north wall. Walk straight up and you will bump into her.

She is also marked on this map: https://ddowiki.com/page/File:Amber_..._Locations.png

Note: this does not guarantee finding the icon. Just Madam Eva.
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post

Is she though?

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post

Is she though?
    Bwuahahaha!

I saw the red Ma on the map.... obviously I did not look close enough. Thought that was for her since that is where she is.
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane