Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3

    Smile Oldschool-gamer looking for Guild on Ghallanda for proper Teamplay (new to DDO)

    -I'm born in 1982, played virtually every solo D&D/D20 PC-game, but I'm new to DDO (started 6-2019) and the only MMORPG I've ever played was Vanguard Saga of Heroes in ~2010 which was almost entirely a solo-run due to lack of active players
    -I'm a SystemEngineer for Networks (basically a IT Network-Administrator), but due to health reasons (do to my combination of disabilities but also in certain areas highly giftedness I'm a so called 2e/twice exceptional) I'm currently retired and focus on learning Medicine and recovering from my BurnOut
    -atm I'm playing a customized Lvl5 Halfling rogue (the first char I'm gonna stick to since he's much more effective than my first two chars were, which I only played to the char-Level 5)
    -given you can recruit henchmans it looks like at least on solo/free to play-difficulty-Levels even my rogue is soloable, however I find this quite boring and not the point of Massive Multiplayer-games; what I experienced so far was for the most part quite disappointing (Spammer-Guilds, no teamplay, rushing etc.); but a certain guy helped my answer a few beginner questions and to troubleshoot my headset
    -my playstyle in RPGs in general and DDO in particular is to try to do every quest in an area including the optional ones and discover/uncloak every part of the map - so in short I'd like to take my time and don't like rushing (even way back in Diablo1 or BaldursGate 1)
    -I do have a (now) working headset
    -I CAN play computer from 7pm to 1am (19h in the evening to 1o' clock in the morning Central European Time; not always DDO but possible)
    -my favorite D&D/D20 version was/is 3.5
    -atm I'm a free-to-play player, but given the right motivation I'm willing to spend a little money in DDO

    Must haves for my Guild:
    -proper command of either English or German (I'm german but understand english at native/C-levels, however due to lack of practice my english-speaking-abilities are lagging a bit behind)
    -no perma-death (don't have time and nerves for that)

    Optional but nice to haves for my Guild:
    -proper roleplay (would be my first time in a MMO, but I'd like to try it out)
    -Guild-members mostly in the adult range (20+)
    Last edited by Anentropia; 07-20-2019 at 01:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anentropia View Post
    I'm new to DDO (started 6-2019)
    Welcome to the game!

    -atm I'm playing a customized Lvl5 Halfling rogue (the first char I'm gonna stick to since he's much more effective than my first two chars were, which I only played to the char-Level 5)
    ...-my favorite D&D/D20 version was/is 3.5
    DDO is not any version of D&D that you've ever played before. Your favorite tabletop builds might be complete fails here, and, vice versa, something non-intuitive and unexpected might become your new favorite. Especially if applying only tabletop expertise, it's VERY easy to create a build that starts strong but fails quickly. Check out these solid standards, make sure your current isn't merely on a similar but delayed path:

    o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5759353

    (Nothing has changed w/ Rogues enough to worry about obsolescence there. For example, if Ranged, Inquisitive is the new "best", but Mechanic is still plenty strong.)

    ; what I experienced so far was for the most part quite disappainting (Spammer-Guilds, no teamplay, rushing etc); but a certain guy helped my answer a few beginner questions and to troubleshoot my headset
    Just like for every player, every Guild has its personality - I'm confident there's one out there to suit.

    Optional but nice to haves for my Guild:
    -proper roleplay (would be my first time in a MMO, but I'd like to try it out)
    That may be a tough one - DDO players, as a rule, are not heavy in the RP direction, but some are!

    I was going to recommend the guild below, but have zero idea re RP - but maybe, check them out!

    o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post3109580

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    DDO is not any version of D&D that you've ever played before. Your favorite tabletop builds might be complete fails here, and, vice versa, something non-intuitive and unexpected might become your new favorite. Especially if applying only tabletop expertise, it's VERY easy to create a build that starts strong but fails quickly. Check out these solid standards, make sure your current isn't merely on a similar but delayed path:
    For my Halfling Rogue I (mostly) follow this guide here (but with 28 attribute points to start with and not as heavy min-maxed and with weapon-finesse as char-lvl 3-talent so I can use e.g. rapiers): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...eahVqthj9Hrin4
    Last edited by Anentropia; 07-17-2019 at 03:02 PM.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anentropia View Post
    Must haves for my Guild:
    -proper command of either English or German (I'm german but understand english at native/C-levels, however due to lack of practice my english-speaking-abilities are lagging a bit behind)
    -no perma-death (don't have time and nerves for that)

    Optional but nice to haves for my Guild:
    -proper roleplay (would be my first time in a MMO, but I'd like to try it out)
    -Guild-members mostly in the adult range (20+)
    Well met Anentropia!

    We have found a solution to your search inquiry!

    Our guild Tyrs Paladium is the personification of an old school guild. We are an ACTIVE guild, 11 years strong, and host Ghallanda's (and the game's) premiere no drama alliance. The Fellowship. Click the links in my signature to do all the homework you wish on us...

    If you fill out an application on our website and get accepted, you will hit the ground running on DAY ONE. I feel you will make good friends here that can last YEARS. Ask me anything via PM or check out our website, read the guild rules & fill out our application. I'll look to it personally.

    Expect to always find a helping hand in Tyrs Paladium!! Hope to see you in game

    TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!


  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    Well met Anentropia!

    We have found a solution to your search inquiry!

    Our guild Tyrs Paladium is the personification of an old school guild. We are an ACTIVE guild, 11 years strong, and host Ghallanda's (and the game's) premiere no drama alliance. The Fellowship. Click the links in my signature to do all the homework you wish on us...

    If you fill out an application on our website and get accepted, you will hit the ground running on DAY ONE. I feel you will make good friends here that can last YEARS. Ask me anything via PM or check out our website, read the guild rules & fill out our application. I'll look to it personally.

    Expect to always find a helping hand in Tyrs Paladium!! Hope to see you in game
    I've just submitted an application on your website, which took almost 3h to complete

  6. #6
    Community Member adamr09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Hi there! Looks like you found a guild which is awesome! I love this game but I've never been a fan of the grind. I was part of an RP permadeath guild way back and it was when I enjoyed the game the most as I actually got to focus on the lore and story for the quests instead of just trying to level up characters quickly. I would love to group with you sometime for a RP session; it would be an awesome way for me to get back into the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *fist shake* "Back in my day, we had to run the Coalescence Chamber up hill both ways! There wasn't even snow and the only slippery ice you could find was sleet storm! We had to imagine what snow would look like at Festivult time, and we liked it!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload