Community Member

Default Hal-Elf Dilletantes are Dated, Please do a rework or buff

Part of the fun of grinding racial reincarnation lives has been enjoying the different racial synergies with my monk. Well, granted I use UMD, and some peeps wouldn't. But, after looking over dilletante feats and the Helf enhancement tree, I found myself renaming Helf 'Bad Human'. 1 DR? Maybe useful when level 5 chars had 70 HP. Paying an action point later for 5 HP? I have other trees with better than that. Sorry to whine, but I thought Warforged would be my worst lives. But Half-Elf is turning out to be worth 995 DDO points for 'Memories of a red-headed stepchild '.
    The core of the server is very hard. It has a very Hardcore.

Community Member

Some of the dillies have always been garbage. When I first started in 2015 the go-to race for melee builds, unless you had a good reason, was Half Elf for the 3d6 SA rogue dilly. The joys of power creep...

Community Member

Make dragon marks into SLAs and helfs and halfs will instantly have a place in the meta

But yeah dillies are kinda weak even if you have the racial ap...conversely they're never going to be effectively /2 splashes like some people expect. Arti dilly isn't going to give rune arms, cleric dilly isn't going to give CMW, etc.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Fighter Dilettante is lovely. The rest are... meh.

Edit: I just did 3 HElf lives on Fighter with Druid/Wolf and used the Fighter Dilettante to pick up all of the martial weapons so I didn't have to spend a feat. It was nice.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Amen

Default Hahahaha

Spending AP to use scrolls as level 10 with a caster dilettante lost it's usefulness to me years ago but Paladin, Fighter, Rogue have a minor benefit w/o AP being spent. .

If you are a caster and must do HElf lives go with Warlock Dilettante. I tried it on a Druid life and found it to be a nice little bit of extra spell damage.

Next life on my main will be Helf Fire Sorceror with Warlock Dilettante.
    I am often cynical and say mean things. It's a WAI "Feature". Mokune (Guild Leader of Pandora's Box on Khyber), Iquitz, Returning, Thaumat, Ketzerisch, Xhiron, Koanoak et al...

Just completed 3 half-elf racials as a fire sorcerer. The 30 SP/tier and +5 USP from Warlock and FvS were useful. The 1d4 fire dmg from Warlock scales up nicely in heroics.
    Kobeyashi | Ying

Default Maybe if the class level progression for Dilettante was spaced better?

Level 3 (Choose bonus)

Level 6 (Choose bonus)

Level 9 (Choose bonus)

That way the scrolls use function is more accommodating, and the improvements to base damage, PRR/MRR and HP make more contributions to Multiclassing.

Like +9 PRR, or 2% HP bonus >> 5% HP bonus at Level 9. Balance it by locked Tier 3 behind 10 AP on the Racial Tree.
    I might be addicted to pack design!

Shameless bump.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Make dragon marks into SLAs and helfs and halfs will instantly have a place in the meta

But yeah dillies are kinda weak even if you have the racial ap...conversely they're never going to be effectively /2 splashes like some people expect. Arti dilly isn't going to give rune arms, cleric dilly isn't going to give CMW, etc.
    Yes, and the problem with Artificer dilly is that you can't buy decent scrolls. If elemental weapons (that you can't cast on yourself) excites you, then go for it. I feel that the top dilly enhancement should give a choice of spell as SLA. Anyway, +1 UMD is all the benefit you'd get from Arty dilly, no flame tower, no deadly weaps, and no iron defender pet .
    The core of the server is very hard. It has a very Hardcore.