Community Member

Default getting into a unused map

well for one i don't know where to post this but if you jump off the airship in the right place you get into a unused map where you can find other maps like the cogs and well finding all the other maps you can cast any spell you want in this zone https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...74/unknown.png

Interesting!

It's known that if you jump off your guild airship at a given angle, you'll end up dropping into one specific zone or another. Where exactly did you jump off?

Quote Originally Posted by tom200087 View Post
    well for one i don't know where to post this but if you jump off the airship in the right place you get into a unused map where you can find other maps like the cogs and well finding all the other maps you can cast any spell you want in this zone https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...74/unknown.png
    It's a portal to The Upside Down.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Interesting!

It's known that if you jump off your guild airship at a given angle, you'll end up dropping into one specific zone or another. Where exactly did you jump off?
    at the very tip of my airship and keep going off from the tip. it's hard to tell with words but i ended up in a test map in that as far as i know holds all of the other maps for the game all i can say is the map name i end up in is "unassigned" also it's in the same zone/map as the airship no loading times
    Last edited by tom200087; 07-14-2019 at 05:33 AM.

at the very tip of my airship and keep going off from the tip. it's hard to tell with words but i ended up in a test map in that as far as i know holds all of the other maps for the game all i can say is the map name i end up in is "unassigned" also it's in the same zone/map as the airship no loading times
    Might be important; what model airship was it? If we can't reproduce it it may just be a one off glitch.
    As to what you're seeing, maps like dungeons etc are stored in much larger maps than what you can see and are allowed to explore. You ended up out of bounds under these maps so you could walk from one quest/area to another. There is actually one quest where you can look over a wall and see a different quest from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We are trying to kill you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by YUTANG75 View Post
    Might be important; what model airship was it? If we can't reproduce it it may just be a one off glitch.
    As to what you're seeing, maps like dungeons etc are stored in much larger maps than what you can see and are allowed to explore. You ended up out of bounds under these maps so you could walk from one quest/area to another. There is actually one quest where you can look over a wall and see a different quest from it.
    i can do it every time as far as i know it's only the one airship Volant Alcazar https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...00/unknown.png https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...20/unknown.png
    Last edited by tom200087; 07-14-2019 at 06:45 AM.

well for one i don't know where to post this but if you jump off the airship in the right place you get into a unused map where you can find other maps like the cogs and well finding all the other maps you can cast any spell you want in this zone [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...74/unknown.png[/img]
    i can do it every time as far as i know it's only the one airship Volant Alcazar [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...00/unknown.png[/img][img] https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...20/unknown.png[/img]
    images

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

it's hard to tell with words...
    Yeah, words are tough.

But if you are repeating this, then we should be able to figure it out - I have faith.

Okay - are we starting from the bowsprit - that's the pole that sticks out from the bow ("front") of the ship? Or just off the front before stepping out onto that thing?

Then use "left" or "right" (an important distinction), and approximately(!) how many degrees - 90 degrees is one quarter of a circle, so 5 degrees is small but noticeable. (or, break the boat down like a standard clock face, as if you're looking down at it - "12 o'clock" is forward, "3 o'clock" is directly right, "9 o'clock" is directly left, etc.)

And are you jumping or just "stepping" - that could make a diff.

Also - what kind of guild boat? That might(?) make a diff??

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Yeah, words are tough.

But if you are repeating this, then we should be able to figure it out - I have faith.

Okay - are we starting from the bowsprit - that's the pole that sticks out from the bow ("front") of the ship? Or just off the front before stepping out onto that thing?

Then use "left" or "right" (an important distinction), and approximately(!) how many degrees - 90 degrees is one quarter of a circle, so 5 degrees is small but noticeable. (or, break the boat down like a standard clock face, as if you're looking down at it - "12 o'clock" is forward, "3 o'clock" is directly right, "9 o'clock" is directly left, etc.)

And are you jumping or just "stepping" - that could make a diff.

Also - what kind of guild boat? That might(?) make a diff??
    like i said it's the Volant Alcazar(only one i know that it works on) guild ship i jump off 12 o'clock from the front of the ship and just going that way to you see that the map says unassigned and as long you don't go close to the ship you can stay there and if you swim to to the left or right (i go left) at some point theirs no more water just flat ground and when that happens can keep going the way you went or go south (i go south) if you go south you find theirs a big down at some point you can fall down it it does not kill you if you keep going you see other big hills at some point and 1 of them is the cogs as for the others have no idea what they are because you can't get on top of them or in them to see if the map name changed i known about this for over a year the cogs was only added when it came out (side note i have a hard time spelling so that's why it's hard for me to post in details)

like i said it's the Volant Alcazar(only one i know that it works on) guild ship ...
    Ah, missed that above, and edited it in as an afterthought - my bad.

Hrmmm - that's the largest of the "old-school" platinum-bought airships. Hrmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by YUTANG75 View Post
    ... There is actually one quest where you can look over a wall and see a different quest from it.
    Which quest is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Opening up the casual difficulty for raids would have been a much better solution. Since all the whiners are just complaining about not being able to play through the content they paid for. Just give them their casual difficulty. Since they are just a bunch of casuals.

Proud Member of the Bunch of Casuals Club!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loromir View Post
    Which quest is that?
    No idea sorry, all I remember is it's one of those quests that feel like they're floating in space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We are trying to kill you.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

I've encountered a similar thing jumping off the smallest guild airship. I ended up in a weird sandbox area where there was a massive flat grassy landscape and hills with a few trees in the distance. I've been told not to go there because there's a chance you can actually lose your character if you log out and there's an update or something. I've got screenshots somewhere I'll have to look for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wise fwom ur gwave.