Default build advice on the most annoying build possible

I've been reading these build forums and it got me thinking. Most people here are trying to build good and legitimate toons and asking for good advice on how to build successfully.

I am going to ask for the opposite. If you were building a toon to annoy a friend you quest with what would it be? I am thinking of something with high survivability but virtually 0 DPS. Something that could possibly zerg ahead and get heightened dungeon aggro then drag it back to the group but could do very little to fight it off.

OK community what have you got?
    Last edited by 9rileystep; 05-16-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Well ... there's the (in)famous Swimcleric ... https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...imcleric-build

This thread might also of interest to you ? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...d-Which-Worked
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

A diplotank, w/o a doubt.

Just build a any solid tank build; however in addition to maxing intim, max out diplo as well. Collect all teh mobs and diplo ftw!

Of course, after a bit no one will want to play with you, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

CON-based S&B dwarf paladin using only throwing axes. Technically the pieces all fit, it's just a terrible idea in practice.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9rileystep View Post
    I've been reading these build forums and it got me thinking. Most people here are trying to build good and legitimate toons and asking for good advice on how to build successfully.

I am going to the the opposite. If you were building a toon to annoy a friend you quest with what would it be? I am thinking of something with high survivability but virtually 0 DPS. Something that could possibly zerg ahead and get heightened dungeon aggro then drag it back to the group but could do very little to fight it off.

OK community what have you got?
    Yeah, some sort of CON-based sword and board dwarf paladin - maybe with enough of a warlock splash to get Shining Through from enlightened spirit.

Big old sack of HPs, with no real finesse or use.
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

LOL thanks for the ideas folks!

The "lifeguard" is hilarious........but I don't want to be expected to heal. The Dwarf pally sword and board thrower sounds interesting, (I could specialize in Intimidate and diplomacy) and I could look like I was trying to help.........I wonder how long I could pull that off before my friend realized my toon was virtually useless?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9rileystep View Post
    The Dwarf pally sword and board thrower sounds interesting, (I could specialize in Intimidate and diplomacy) and I could look like I was trying to help.........I wonder how long I could pull that off before my friend realized my toon was virtually useless?
    To me the funny thing about it is people will look at your icon (paladin) and your equipped gear (axe + shield) and assume you're a tank. Then they notice you're using throwing axes instead of meleeing...

I don't usually make builds to troll my teammates, but if I did, it would definitely be this one.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I don't usually make builds to troll my teammates...
    o.o

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

I just had the hilarious thought of a rogue maxing out "Disable Device" and nothing but that ! Like ... he or she is just standing out, bneeds to be protected all of the time and acts like an one-trick-pony !

I have no idea, though, how much feasible this is, practically.

( I came to this though while mentally replacing the Swim ability of the Swimcleric with ... "something else" ... )
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    I just had the hilarious thought of a rogue maxing out "Disable Device" and nothing but that ! Like ... he or she is just standing out, bneeds to be protected all of the time and acts like an one-trick-pony !

I have no idea, though, how much feasible this is, practically.

( I came to this though while mentally replacing the Swim ability of the Swimcleric with ... "something else" ... )
    i would say you need 2 things: jibber's blade and quickened dimension door

you just need to grab whatever you can see or smell, then die, use jibber, quickened DD and DON'T GRAB THAT SOULSTONE, after that leave the quest using the door, like gentlemen do

also, since you will have DD, you will prolly have sleet storm, grease and obscuring mist

or summon 1 mob in reaper and cast disjunction on it, so it becomes free

another win win is charming on a warlock who has confusion: most times mobs are unable to attack but they attack you, specially useful with nasty reapers

whatever you do, dispel and disjunction are the 1st thing you need for trolling
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Grease is the ultimate party buff.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Community Member

lol. Oh you're fun in the coffee shop.

Well an idea that could be incorporated into any "annoying build" that has caster levels or enough UMD for scrolls is the misdirecting monster summoner. Stock up on as many summon monster types as possible, and summon them whenever it would be most annoying. So, in a quest full of earth elementals, make sure to summon an earth elemental. Devil Assault? Yep, time to summon that Bearded Devil. And Vale Slayers would be a great place to bring along an Orthon!

This doesn't in itself make THE most annoying build, but it IS icing on the cake for one of the above builds.

Community Member

Default Zombie Monk

Get some good Negative Amp and Negative Healing AMP gear, set yourself into Mountain Stance, and get ready for new heights of annoying.
    Put points into Con, Wis, and Dex for HP and saves.
    Feats: Extend Spell, Resilience, Insightful Reflexes, and Toughness a few time for more HP.
    Go all the way in Pale Master to grab tier 5's Animate Ally so you can bring your friend's dead toon back temporarily as a zombie too (uber annoying).
    Grab Axe Bane from Korthos to round off your natural zombie damage reduction.
    You can take a few Enhancements from EK to increase AC, PRR, MRR, and other damage reducing abilities.
    The only thing left that can really hurt you is light spells, so make sure you grab some solid Light Resist gear, and you are all set.
    I've had some seriously epic battles with a zombie monk that lasted so long, I just ended up walking away from the fights.
    I'd occasionally jump into traps to kill enemies I otherwise had no hope of killing with the insanely low DPS of this build.

Community Member

Necro Bard, fear spamming, with bonus move speed from swashbuckling and 1 barb level to get to groups of mobs first and then just AoE scatter them.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Fear_(spell)

Bonus points for mobs running all over aggroing extra groups and raising the alert to red, activating off-screen fear reapers, and fearing on-screen fear reapers off-screen!
    Last edited by Tilomere; 07-08-2019 at 01:22 AM.

Community Member

Sleet storm is also great alongside grease

Community Member

I would go wizzy or spec for charms, sleet storm and grease. Then maybe pickup fireball at later levels and torch the grease in the middle of a party.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Necro Bard, fear spamming, with bonus move speed from swashbuckling and 1 barb level to get to groups of mobs first and then just AoE scatter them.

Bonus points for mobs running all over aggroing extra groups and raising the alert to red, activating off-screen fear reapers, and fearing on-screen fear reapers off-screen!
    This is just evil
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked at level 4!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    This is just evil
    Yes, I think we have a winner. lol
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.