Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Default When will we see blessed metal type + Augment in the store?

There are already Blessed Silver, Blessed Cold Iron, etc. weapons in the DDO Store (It's where you can get a Silver quarterstaff for cheap that you can use as a Cannith Crafting blank). They've been there for years.

When will we see Metal Type + Augment weapons in the store to use as blanks? You already sell tomes in the store, so why not some more useful weapon blanks that we can use for leveling?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Hopefully never?
    Maybe they could make enough money selling weapon blanks for cannith crafting that they could hire a consultant to help with server merges?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Maybe they could make enough money selling weapon blanks for cannith crafting that they could hire a consultant to help with server merges?
    Haha well played.

Except that I don't think they set aside much of the profit to reinvest in DDO.

I want trinkets with augment slots!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Everything about this idea is bad...

Who even crafts weapons? Aside from L1 starter gear, there's almost always a better option - Barovian, TF, etc. I cant see anyone ever spending real-world money to get a weapon with 4d6 force/4d6 bludgeon damage...

And its not that they dont know how to do a server merge. Its that its a bad idea, and would scare off tons of new players. Server merges become a self-fulfilling prophecy that the game is dying.

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Everything about this idea is bad...

Who even crafts weapons? Aside from L1 starter gear, there's almost always a better option - Barovian, TF, etc. I cant see anyone ever spending real-world money to get a weapon with 4d6 force/4d6 bludgeon damage...

And its not that they dont know how to do a server merge. Its that its a bad idea, and would scare off tons of new players. Server merges become a self-fulfilling prophecy that the game is dying.
    I craft quite a bit of CC gear. It fills in the holes where I don't have better gear and supports in the level gaps between what I would optimally use. I don't run raids, nor do I own Sharn yet.

A lot of my guildies craft gear as well.
    But I'll wait for those metallic items to fall in the loot rather than buying them from the store. DDO points are for packs like Sharn (when it goes to the store...)
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. Bear in mind I'm probably trying to be humorous. Like dodge, it's hit or miss.// Looking for a guild on Orien? Send a tell or mail to Magnifique to join the "Fidelic Brotherhood".

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    And redirecting you to here...

https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Broken_Music_Box

Who even crafts weapons?
    Some people do. You might not, or others in your current 'social' circle.. But some people do..

Aside from L1 starter gear, there's almost always a better option
    Look for those low vorpal ML weapons..

- Barovian
    Which are ML 10

TF
    ML22+.....

, etc.
    Filling some in since 'etc' was too much for you to list others..

Green Steel - ML12
    LGreen Steel - ML26
    Nightmother - ML29
    Morninglord - ML29
    ToEE - ML7

I cant see anyone ever spending real-world money to get a weapon with 4d6 force/4d6 bludgeon damage...
    You'd be surprised what some people spend doing crafting when they aren't on the hamster wheel to grind X snacky weapon or item.
    Last edited by ZeeDatRogue; 07-12-2019 at 04:03 PM.
    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien

"The 'forever' rogue"

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeDatRogue View Post

Kind of confused what your point is. Useless trinket with no abilities on it and it can not be crafted on?

Community Member

Some people do. You might not, or others in your current 'social' circle.. But some people do..

You'd be surprised what some people spend doing crafting when they aren't on the hamster wheel to grind X snacky weapon or item.
    What I'm saying is by the time most players have leveled crafting to a point where they can craft weapons, they will have access to something superior to crafted weapons. It's got nothing to do with vet-ism or elitism, it's just progression and power creep.

Selling crafting blanks for DP would amount to a noob trap of the worst kind, and that's why I'm against the idea

Who even crafts weapons? Aside from L1 starter gear, there's almost always a better option.
    I used to craft weapons (still have some hiding in my TR cache actually). Thanks to Power Creep there is no longer a need to. Granted I have to scour the AH or farm the stuff for 1 to 7 (or 10 if ToEE doesn't have a better option).
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Community Member

Lol, you steal words from mouth! 8)

Kind of confused what your point is. Useless trinket with no abilities on it and it can not be crafted on?
    Wow, now you don't wanna what you wanna 5 min ago? It's exactly what you're request!

In order to avoid similar casuses, be extremely attentive by drawing up the specification!

Seconded. Two slots at least Green and Yellow

Also, adding metal type weapons with a Red slot would be great too. Making a min level 9 construct beater weapon is nice.

Also, why not put all +15 skill diamonds in the store? Do SSG hate money?

What I'm saying is by the time most players have leveled crafting to a point where they can craft weapons, they will have access to something superior to crafted weapons. It's got nothing to do with vet-ism or elitism, it's just progression and power creep.

Selling crafting blanks for DP would amount to a noob trap of the worst kind, and that's why I'm against the idea
    I have to agree about the superior weapons. I craft a lot and have crafted a lot of gear for melee builds. A good portion of my gear is crafted up to the higher levels.

But I rarely craft weapons. The only thing I find useful is a ghost touch / ever bright weapon for when oozes and rust monsters get mixed in with reapers. Everything else you can find something superior.

With that said, I dunno about silver weapons being a noob trap. There are so very many noob traps in this game, I doubt seriously if silver weapons being available would even cause a blip on the noob radar.

Maybe just let the cold iron (flametouched iron?) vendor sell silver weapons in game. That would solve both problems since most noobs wouldn't even know where that vendor is.
    Last edited by TedSandyman; 07-16-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Yeah, but you would have to run Precious Cargo. Yuch!

And I think the request is for a Cannith craftable trinket with an augment slot. Not just augment slots.

Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Yeah, but you would have to run Precious Cargo. Yuch!

And I think the request is for a Cannith craftable trinket with an augment slot. Not just augment slots.
    Yeah, since those from store are blancs for crafting. Would have assumed the same.
    Would love a green and a blanc slot but would settle for the blanc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    Lol, you steal words from mouth! 8)

Wow, now you don't wanna what you wanna 5 min ago? It's exactly what you're request!

In order to avoid similar casuses, be extremely attentive by drawing up the specification!
    This thread is about craftable blanks in DDO store. I thought it would be obvious what I meant