Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Default Add Tabaxi And Vryloka Races

Vryloka would be a racial variant of Human, but Tabaxi would have to be its own race.

Tabaxi Racial past life would no doubt be +1 Jump and +1 dexterity if the same standard is followed as the other past lives, but granting a 15% chance to negate Knockdown effects could be a better idea.

A lot of people play games from the Elder Scrolls series, I have played the MMORPG known as Elder Scrolls Online, or as I like to call it "Dungeons & Wyverns Online" and I saw how many people were playing as a Khajiit and realized then and there how popular cat-person characters were and so I can be fairly confident that the desire my wife and a few of my friends have to play as a Tabaxi is is in fact not representative of some Niche market but instead representative of a fairly common group of players.

The Vryloka are interesting and frankly they are the perfect race to add to fill a niche that is not currently adequately filled, negative healing builds!

Vryloka's get their choice of +2 to Charisma, Strength, or Dexterity and believe it or not they are Cannon!

The Vryloka can be found in the Heroes Of Shadow sourcebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post
    Vryloka would be a racial variant of Human, but Tabaxi would have to be its own race.

Tabaxi Racial past life would no doubt be +1 Jump and +1 dexterity if the same standard is followed as the other past lives, but granting a 15% chance to negate Knockdown effects could be a better idea.

A lot of people play games from the Elder Scrolls series, I have played the MMORPG known as Elder Scrolls Online, or as I like to call it "Dungeons & Wyverns Online" and I saw how many people were playing as a Khajiit and realized then and there how popular cat-person characters were and so I can be fairly confident that the desire my wife and a few of my friends have to play as a Tabaxi is is in fact not representative of some Niche market but instead representative of a fairly common group of players.

The Vryloka are interesting and frankly they are the perfect race to add to fill a niche that is not currently adequately filled, negative healing builds!

Vryloka's get their choice of +2 to Charisma, Strength, or Dexterity and believe it or not they are Cannon!

The Vryloka can be found in the Heroes Of Shadow sourcebook!
    No furies, no half vampires
    Why are you trying to turn this game into twilight?
    Anyways, at best it would attract a few furries that will loke at the game and leave.
    If the game doesn't have a draw now, it sure won't when cat people become playable.
    So a definate no, dev time is streched as is. Half the mechanics are broken and loot is a disaster, let them fix content they already sold us first.

Btw:
    We''re still waiting for core Eberron races and some of the ones we have are still broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    Anyways, at best it would attract a few furries that will loke at the game and leave.
    If the game doesn't have a draw now, it sure won't when cat people become playable.
    So a definate no, dev time is streched as is. Half the mechanics are broken and loot is a disaster, let them fix content they already sold us first.

Btw:
    We''re still waiting for core Eberron races and some of the ones we have are still broken.
    Us furries play, we are gamers just like anyone else hehe.
    I've been hooked on this game already as the main draw is diversity in pretty much every aspect of this game.
    I'd vote a yes to new races!

Unhappy No.

They should add 4-5 new classes first before they can go back to adding new races. :-\ And if they won't add a new race ever again it's not a big deal : races adds little to nithing into the game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FoliumSakura View Post
    Us furries play, we are gamers just like anyone else hehe.
    I've been hooked on this game already as the main draw is diversity in pretty much every aspect of this game.
    I'd vote a yes to new races!
    There are furry games out there, plenty of them actually, lots of asian marketed games cater to them too.

I say no, ddo has enough shortcommings that need fixing first.

If new races are to be introduced, let them be non evil (the vampire ones are generaly evil) and they have to fit in eberron, not a generic asian mmo or jack black vehicle (kung fu panda).
    We're still missing important races, lore wise.

2016 DDO Players Council
    Resident Blue Dragon
    Hero of the Flame

I'd be interested in both of those races, but not for DDO. DDO needs Shifter before any other races get added anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Wise fwom ur gwave.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

5%/10%/15% chance to avoid knockdown sounds like the kind of thing that an Iconic would give as its passive benefit.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Btw:
    Vrylokas are not half vampires -_-

Also, do you honestly think that everyone who plays a Khajiit is a furry?

That's far from the case -_-

Quote Originally Posted by whoolsey View Post
    There are furry games out there, plenty of them actually, lots of asian marketed games cater to them too.

I say no, ddo has enough shortcommings that need fixing first.

If new races are to be introduced, let them be non evil (the vampire ones are generaly evil) and they have to fit in eberron, not a generic asian mmo or jack black vehicle (kung fu panda).
    We're still missing important races, lore wise.
    https://dnd4.fandom.com/wiki/Vryloka

Vrylokas are far from being evil restricted, in fact they are accurately a human subrace!

You may really not like furries and all, but such should have no impact what so ever on the direction the game goes in.

Sentiments like "I don't like (Insert inherently harmless group of people here)" should never impact the game, when you make a statement that suggests such should impact the game you are being entitled and should not be catered to. The reality is that Tabaxi are cannon to D&D as are Vrylokas and there are utilitarian reasons to go Vryloka while a lot of female players would love to play a Tabaxi. The Tabaxi race is actually more popular to the female gaming community than it is to the furry gamer community (Popularity based on numbers, not percentages as furries are a minority).

Unfortunately, a lot of wishful thinking belongs to the desire to have the devs fix certain shortcomings in the game whether perceived by the majority or a minority as a shortcoming while things everyone has a problem with such as lag are a lot more complicated than can be so easily fixed. In the end, the game needs to progress through adding more content and some fixes will come as said new content comes, as such the game will never be flawless and expecting such is in folly.

Vrylokas are not half vampires -_-

Also, do you honestly think that everyone who plays a Khajiit is a furry?

That's far from the case -_-
    It's pale dislikes the sun, drinks blood, who cares? No evil races.
    Unless they die instantly in sunlight and the toon gets deleted straight after XD like permadeath but on steroids.

Anyway, you have been at this furry rampage lately.
    What happened to the last couple of your furry threads, when people explained why furries aren't a good idea? Based on past excesses?
    And why ddo? There are so many furry games out there already, including elderscrolls online.

Anyways, no thanks, we don't need to scare more players away with rp-ing furries.
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKernel View Post
    They should add 4-5 new classes first before they can go back to adding new races. :-\ And if they won't add a new race ever again it's not a big deal : races adds little to nithing into the game.
    Races can help shape a build in critical ways, for example: Warforged Artificer.

This is why I feel that Vrylokas should be considered as the undead niche needs filling in the same way that Warforged have filled the construct niche.

My wife wants Tabaxi as do various members from three of the guilds I belong to, coincidentally all of which are females who might qualify at some point for being called a crazy cat lady lol

Anyhow what are you looking at for classes? The devs already made it clear that neither psionic classes nor races will be added, so that limits the selection quite a bit. I Might also point out that there are no racial varient versions of classes, so new past lives will be required for new classes added and you are quite likely to just end up with another class you are unable to enjoy playing as. Also, you are aware that a new class has been announced as intended by the devs, right? Still no one knows for sure what the class could be, though theories and possibilities are all entertaining to make and read!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaman...s_%26_Dragons) (Most likely)

https://dndtools.net/classes/samurai/ (unlikely due to the need for new exotic weapon types being added, though in theory this could be fixed by a new crafting based conversion option simularly to the way handwraps can be converted into doggy collars)

https://www.dndbeyond.com/classes/bl...erClassDetails (A class Matt Mercer created, an unlikely pick)

https://dndtools.net/classes/spellthief/ (Personally I'd like to play a Vryloka Spellthief)

https://dnd4.fandom.com/wiki/Vampire (Kinda boring if you ask me, I'd much rather play a Vryloka Sorcerer or something, though this does have some potential)

https://dndtools.net/classes/swordsage/

http://dnd.arkalseif.info/classes/sh...ter/index.html

http://archive.wizards.com/default.a...060802a&page=2

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Tiefling?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Unless they die instantly in sunlight and the toon gets deleted straight after XD like permadeath but on steroids.

Anyway, you have been at this furry rampage lately.
    What happened to the last couple of your furry threads, when people explained why furries aren't a good idea? Based on past excesses?
    And why ddo? There are so many furry games out there already, including elderscrolls online.

Anyways, no thanks, we don't need to scare more players away with rp-ing furries.
    Once again, not all Tabaxi fans are furries, in fact most are not.

Also, Vryloka are not evil alignment restricted in the same way the Vampire NPC we save in Von3 isn't evil, stop pushing for your personal narratives and stick to what is cannon to DDO for your arguments lest they fail to hold water. DDO and/or Eberron lore throws many traditional notions of alignment out the window much of the time like with what they did for the Warlock class, some Dragons, the NPC Veil, and even Fred The Mindflayer. If this wasn't the case you'd win this argument with what you said, but with this being the case you lost the argument with what you said instead.

Further more, your notion that dedicated players would be scared off from Tabaxi being added is absurd as a hypothetical anti-theist notion that adding divine classes would have been a mistake as such would attract religious fanatics who would spend their time proselytizing to everyone. Elder Scrolls Online has Khajiit, I saw no furry problem there and rightfully expect none here either.
    Last edited by Lokeal_The_Flame; 07-12-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Community Member

New races and classes should be implemented because there's a role for them, not just because you liked Thundercats a lot as a kid.

I think first we need to define a clear rolespace for Dwarves and Halflings, and probably Elves too. Those are key core D&D races that are currently woefully underserved. They dont do anything unique that's worth doing in the game.

After you get them hashed out, then you can start to look at what kind of things current races dont let you do, and then decide which D&D canon races might best fit those spots.

Basically, there's no point in adding a race if its not going to have a reason to play it, if its unique characteristics dont fit any build - see: Wood Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Tiefling?
    In eberron, thieflings should be treated hostile, due to their involvement in evil organisations and invasions.
    If it were up to me, thieflings would have never been a player race.
    It looks like ssg is mixing in the 5th edition version, not the third like the rest of the setting.

Once again, not all Tabaxi fans are furries, in fact most are not.

Also, Vryloka are not evil alignment restricted in the same way the Vampire NPC we save in Von3 isn't evil, stop pushing for your personal narratives and stick to what is cannon to DDO for your arguments lest they fail to hold water. DDO and/or Eberron lore throws many traditional notions of alignment out the window much of the time like with what they did for the Warlock class, some Dragons, the NPC Veil, and even Fred The Mindflayer. If this wasn't the case you'd win this argument with what you said, but with this being the case you lost the argument with what you said instead.

Further more, your notion that dedicated players would be scared off from Tabaxi being added is absurd as a hypothetical anti-theist notion that adding divine classes would have been a mistake as such would attract religious fanatics who would spend their time proselytizing to everyone. Elder Scrolls Online has Khajiit, I saw no furry problem there and rightfully expect none here either.
    "not all Tabaxi fans are furries", no but you are and you have been pushing a furrie narative for a while now, with very poor results.

Alignments work differently in eberron.
    You might be attacked by a good aligned gold dragon because it's hungry and wants to eat your horse and you can work together with an evil vampire because your goals might be the same.
    It's still evil though.....
    The same goes with veil, yes she worked in a party, yes she was rich and powerfull enough to dupe a tribe of drow barbarians and a host of beholders to function as canon fodder but she still drank blood.

As for priests/clerics/fav souls, as far as fantasy settings go, eberron couldn't be more atheistic.
    Magic is so omnipressent that any caster with enough believe can manifest spells. Unlike other settings, gods don't walk the planes of eberron.
    There is no difference between a god that perfectly hides him/herself& doesn't act on reality and one that doesn't exist.
    Even a non believer can muster enough confidence to cast divine spells.
    Even the lord of the blades isn'te a god but just a mortal worshipped as a god, and people can still cast divine spells in his name.
    Anyways, religion in the real world is different from the one in ddo.
    On a side note, we did have a religion pusher in the game though, after a couple of months with empty lfm's and not being allowed in any raids, he left (the server)
    Unlike furries who "rp" their little hearts out(for example in wow), real life people equip furr and murr suits and act out their fantasies.
    The rp-ing in different games isn't what i want to see promoted in this game

Oh btw, the fact that you don't see it as a problem (in eso),doesn't mean others won't see it as a problem either.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    New races and classes should be implemented because there's a role for them, not just because you liked Thundercats a lot as a kid.

I think first we need to define a clear rolespace for Dwarves and Halflings, and probably Elves too. Those are key core D&D races that are currently woefully underserved. They dont do anything unique that's worth doing in the game.

After you get them hashed out, then you can start to look at what kind of things current races dont let you do, and then decide which D&D canon races might best fit those spots.

Basically, there's no point in adding a race if its not going to have a reason to play it, if its unique characteristics dont fit any build - see: Wood Elf.
    Prety much this, we have races that are virtually unplayed due to being broken and we're still missing core eberron classes that should all be fixed prior to flooding the game with useless furrie races.

In eberron, thieflings should be treated hostile, due to their involvement in evil organisations and invasions.
    It looks like ssg is mixing in the 5th edition version, not the third like the rest of the setting.

"not all Tabaxi fans are furries", no but you are and you have been pushing a furrie narative for a while now, with very poor results.

You might be attacked by a good aligned gold dragon because it's hungry and wants to eat your horse and you can work together with an evil vampire because your goals might be the same.
    The same goes with veil, yes she worked in a party, yes she was rich and powerfull enough to dupe a tribe of drow barbarians and a host of beholders to function as canon fodder but she still drank blood.

As for priests/clerics/fav souls, as far as fantasy settings go, eberron couldn't be more atheistic.
    Magic is so omnipressent that any caster with enough believe can manifest spells. Unlike other settings, gods don't walk the planes of eberron.
    There is no difference between a god that perfectly hides him/herself& doesn't act on reality and one that doesn't exist.
    Even the lord of the blades isn'te a god but just a mortal worshipped as a god, and people can still cast divine spells in his name.
    On a side note, we did have a religion pusher in the game though, after a couple of months with empty lfm's and not being allowed in any raids, he left (the server)
    Unlike furries who "rp" their little hearts out(for example in wow), real life people equip furr and murr suits and act out their fantasies.

Oh btw, the fact that you don't see it as a problem (in eso),doesn't mean others won't see it as a problem either.

Prety much this, we have races that are virtually unplayed due to being broken and we're still missing core eberron classes that should all be fixed prior to flooding the game with useless furrie races.
    So you assume that I am a furry and therefore it must be true because you are totally not being arrogant there?

Assumptions aren't valid just because you make them, kinda takes a bit of narcissistic arrogance at this rate to continue accusing me of being a furry as I've stated many times that my wife and some of my friends are but I am not. If you do have NPD, please quickly jump to blocking me -_-

Default No!

If there are to be new races for DDO, Shifter and Kalashtar should be added before ANY other ones.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    If there are to be new races for DDO, Shifter and Kalashtar should be added before ANY other ones.
    I also think that adding Eberron rac es first would be a good thing.
    I understand, however, that properly implementing Kalashtar would be a LOT of work.

And Shifters ... could the engine really handle that ? I fear it can't.

The third race not implemented are the Changelings. Implementing them would require a lot of work as well, I assuume. Plus, again, the question whether the engine could handle that.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

Default Yes

I would love to see Tabaxi in DDO.

So I really don't know Sh*t about Eberron and what races should or shouldn't be there. I played D&D in the 80's. I've been playing DDO for a few years now (on and off), and started playing 5e about a year ago. My Fav character is my Tabaxi Rogue Assassin.

The thing I like most about MMO's is Character Generation. I wish DDO had more like others. (StarTrek online has amazing character gen options).

And NO, I'm not a furry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast