Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Zretch View Post
    Any melee focused item
    They don't have to be melee focused :)
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zretch View Post
    Honestly I'd be far more interested in that item if it had the exact same stats, but it were a cloak instead.
    Molten Adamantine Belt is another great solution. If you can change the item slot to any other slot besides gloves/necklace/armor, that also solves the problem.

I personally wouldn't do cloak though because there is already a doublestrike cloak. Having more than 1 slot option for different effects leads to a lot more gearing options. However, cloak is still better than gloves.
    Last edited by Fivetigers33; 07-11-2019 at 02:14 PM.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    They don't have to be melee focused
    I think you get into the same problem if you try to make them usable by ranged as well. Wallwatch is Hat, Gloves, and Chest. If they're not melee or ranged focused, then they don't really need DR breaking of any kind, nor do they need accuracy or doublestrike, and extra action boosts...I'm not aware of a ton of non-melee and non-ranged builds that revolve around action boosts.

You can certainly swap out the affixes. There are builds that wouldn't necessarily be in Part of the Family or Wallwatch. Wizard, Sorc, Warlock, Favored Soul, Cleric all could splash into their melee trees but still want to keep the DC benefits of Flamecleansed or Archsteel or Esoteric. If you want something fun, I think the chance for the gloves to proc something on spellcast might be more interesting than extra action boosts. Having the gloves confer CHA to damage would be interesting.

There's all sorts of things you can do if you don't want those gloves to be used by melee or ranged focused Rangers, Rogues, Monks, Barbarians, Artificers, Druids, Fighters, Bards, etc. It just seemed that, based on the initial affixes, they were the original target audience.

Community Member

They don't have to be melee focused
    How about making them a defensive option specifically for casters?

Adamantine Gauntlets
    -Blade Grasping: 30 DR
    -50 insightful PRR
    -Toughness: artifact HP 10%
    -Reduced Manipulation: These gauntlets make spell casting and handling a weapon more difficult (-50 melee power -50 ranged power 20% arcane spell failure)
    -Cannot equip a shield

Lore: These adamantine gauntlets are particularly thick, making fine finger movement difficult, but also allowing the wearer to safely grab an enemy's blade.

Not sure if it's actually a good item but maybe it'll inspire you to something.
    Last edited by red_kain; 07-11-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by red_kain View Post
    How about making them a defensive option specifically for casters?

Adamantine Gauntlets
    -Blade Grasping: 30 DR
    -50 insightful PRR
    -Toughness: artifact HP 10%
    -Reduced Manipulation: These gauntlets make spell casting and handling a weapon more difficult (-50 melee power -50 ranged power 20% arcane spell failure)
    -Cannot equip a shield

Lore: These adamantine gauntlets are particularly thick, making fine finger movement difficult, but also allowing the wearer to safely grab an enemy's blade.

Not sure if it's actually a good item but maybe it'll inspire you to something.
    Haha.

Community Member

Given that the itemization hasn't actually released yet, there's still time to make changes and respond to feedback. If you'd like something to change, I would strongly recommend constructive feedback that clearly explains what you actually want (instead of nonconstructive feedback that tells me what you do not like or tells me what you hope I'm naive enough to include :P). I'm willing to work with what you guys want, within reason
    The raid necklace will be the best Insightful+Quality Con item. It's going in the neck slot. Everyone loves HP, but tanks especially love HP. The neck slot, however, is required for the new tank item set. You can see where I'm going with this.... Can the raid necklace please count towards the tank item set? Doing so would increase tank gear combo options.

Yes, I know quality Con is on the THTH tower shield, but again, not setting things up so that a particular shield is the single best option would be nice (it also gives more flexibility when tanks regear after future updates).

Thanks for considering this!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorachtin View Post
    Deception 18
    Sure. If no one else shows up with a good enough reason to not do this, I'll make the swap.
    Deception is useful for all builds, Assasination though is a small niche. Would much rather see Quality Assassination +2 go then Deception, as that would appeal to a much greater audience...

Follow up, do you guys have suggestions on how to make the Adamantine Gauntlets more unique or situationally useful?
    If you where to change it to any slot not occupied by the Family set, and also change the Family raid necklace you will have solved alot of issues with the current lockin on specific items for doublestrike at least. That opens a lot of options to gear our melee characters that's just not there at the moment.

Community Member

I just can change what the gloves do, yanno :P I don't want to break the raid parity for one set. A cool pair of standalone gloves is a lot more fun than a strict upgrade to what's currently available. That's why I am looking for suggestions on what the gloves could do that would make them worth using. They don't have to be themed the same, though, so keep an open mind
    Don't mind if I do. And....here we go.

Eldritch Gloves of the Bygone Age Raid Gloves
    Minimum Level: 29
    These gloves belong to Zulkis Crowspire, they crackle and glow with purple Eldritch energy. They are well worn, but dusty and have been left behind and forgotten for some time.
    • +20% scaling on your Eldritch Blasts
    • Your Eldritch Blasts do an extra 4d6 damage and your Pact Damage is increased by 4d4
    • Souleater's Stricken and Consume spell power scaling increased by 25% and has a 25% chance to inflict a Negative level per tick
    • Faltering Attacks: Enemies hit with your Eldritch Blast have a 25% chance to inflict the Slow spell on enemies, DC 100 Will Save. Duration = 6 seconds per your Warlock level

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Palna View Post
    Deception is useful for all builds, Assasination though is a small niche. Would much rather see Quality Assassination +2 go then Deception, as that would appeal to a much greater audience...
    Deception is all over the place including THTH belt, RL weapons, slavers crafting etc.

90% of good melee are stuck with a cloak from ravenloft for double strike, removing the deception which is easily replaceable from other items, adds a second item at end game melee can use giving options and not making anyone one item in game a MUST HAVE. I believe its been said before, they don't want to make any item that everyone has to have in order to compete, right now every good melee has to have a legendary mantle of the fury. Dropping the deception makes the most sense over all quality assassinate adds very little to some builds, assasins and falconry tree users, but keeps the item from being to overpowered in and of itself.
    Last edited by Vorachtin; 07-11-2019 at 07:50 PM.
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Default Staggershockers

Any chance you can make Staggershockers belong to both the Legendary Part Of The Family and the Legendary Arcsteel Battlemage set?

Making it a duel set item would increase their popularity without increasing their power level!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post
    Any chance you can make Staggershockers belong to both the Legendary Part Of The Family and the Legendary Arcsteel Battlemage set?

Making it a duel set item would increase their popularity without increasing their power level!
    All the more reason to allow certain raid items to be crafted to become part of a set.

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    All the more reason to allow certain raid items to be crafted to become part of a set.
    Agreed!
    Shaox xKahn of Orien server

~Let me in....

Community Member Gemini-Dragon357's Avatar

You said they didn't have to me melee focused, so I'm just throwing this out there. Currently there are only 2 ways to get an enhancement bonus to spell power, the Ravenloft belts which gives +202, each belt gives it to two different powers, and a Legendary Greensteel weapon that gives +150. It would be great if casters had a third option.

Prismatic Gauntlets

Elemental Mastery - +175(?) enhancement bonus to Fire, Cold, Acid and Electric spell powers.
    Insightful Mystic Diversion
    Light Absorption
    Legendary Radiance Guard

Community Member

Maybe for the Hallowed Splinters, instead of Coruscating 10d6 or Holy 10d6 swap one out for Keen V?

Default Still would like to see this Raid Falchion...

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    How about a raid Falchion? That would aid the THF style.

Falchion: Radiance - Keen V, Sovereign Vorpal, Coruscating 10 (10d6 Light damage), Metalline, - Upgrade to add a better version of Brazen Brilliance (chance of Sunburst that does lots of additional Light damage (40d6?) in an area and forces a DC 90 Will save or be blinded)

Also add: Red Slot & Purple Slot

The visual effect of the weapon (what it looks like) could be similar to the Sunsword but it would be bigger and falchion-shaped.
    Last edited by Arkat; 07-12-2019 at 12:18 AM.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Hi Welcome

Given that the itemization hasn't actually released yet, there's still time to make changes and respond to feedback. If you'd like something to change, I would strongly recommend constructive feedback that clearly explains what you actually want (instead of nonconstructive feedback that tells me what you do not like or tells me what you hope I'm naive enough to include :P). I'm willing to work with what you guys want, within reason

To that end, if I were to place Doublestrike on the raid necklace, what would be the best thing to replace?

Follow up, do you guys have suggestions on how to make the Adamantine Gauntlets more unique or situationally useful?
    Is it possible to slap "Ghostly" on some more items from Sharn? Having it available only a Ruby Ring is very restrictive. Put it where it fits thematically, like Shadow sprinters, maybe?

Also, is it possible to allow insightful stats +10 on Celestial rings instead of regular +21? Shattered Onyx ring is the only Sharn ring that allows that right now and it benefits casters a lot, while melee and ranged are struggling to fit their desired stat effects. Thank you!

Deception is all over the place including THTH belt, RL weapons, slavers crafting etc.

90% of good melee are stuck with a cloak from ravenloft for double strike, removing the deception which is easily replaceable from other items, adds a second item at end game melee can use giving options and not making anyone one item in game a MUST HAVE. I believe its been said before, they don't want to make any item that everyone has to have in order to compete, right now every good melee has to have a legendary mantle of the fury. Dropping the deception makes the most sense over all quality assassinate adds very little to some builds, assasins and falconry tree users, but keeps the item from being to overpowered in and of itself.
    I agree that we need more doublestrike items, my point is just I don’t think the assasinate bonus is useful in comparison with deception.

Quote Originally Posted by Malusny View Post
    The family's blessing (quest item for neck) is poorly customized. It is supposed to be an item for a melee build but there is a +2 quality assasinate? Pretty useless for most of the melees except for assasin builds.
    Dropping the deception makes the most sense over all quality assassinate adds very little to some builds, assasins and falconry tree users, but keeps the item from being to overpowered in and of itself.
    I agree that we need more doublestrike items, my point is just I don’t think the assasinate bonus is useful in comparison with deception.
    These responses clearly show Assassination style still have VERY SMALL AUDIENCE and SUPPORT even after falconry.
    Don't remove Quality Assassination bonus on necklace. Assassinate gear user's DC are already far behind caster's DC.
    Instead, give more wider use for assassination gear.

Covert action DC as replacement of assassination DC
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-DC?highlight=

This suggestion would bring more interesting builds. "Poisonous, Assassination, Ninja arts, Shadow works"

Don't limit your imagination, instead, make it to flourish.
    Last edited by draven1; 07-12-2019 at 04:47 AM.
    “Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness.
    Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness.
    Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.”
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by draven1 View Post
    These responses clearly show Assassination style still have VERY SMALL AUDIENCE and SUPPORT even after falconry.
    Don't remove Quality Assassination bonus on necklace. Assassinate gear user's DC are already far behind caster's DC.
    Instead, give more wider use for assassination gear.

Covert action DC as replacement of assassination DC
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-DC?highlight=

This suggestion would bring more interesting builds. "Poisonous, Assassination, Ninja arts, Shadow works"

Don't limit your imagination, instead, make it to flourish.
    Haven't the devs already said that they won't use itemization to fix playstyle/system problems? Personally I would rather they fix the specific playstyle, then make the itemization to complement it rather giving a miniscule bonus to a currently limited niche...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast