Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Seconded

Quote Originally Posted by Corion View Post
    Hey Lynnabel, while we're discussing raid loot it would also be nice if Attunement's Gaze could be buffed up a little. Currently it is effectively a raid item with two effects, as a reduction in spell point cost at this point in the game is pretty irrelevant. With the SP souls in Reaper, running out of SP (particularly on a DC caster) is rarely if ever a concern.

Consider that the non-raid Aetherband give SP 9 and In SP 5, both of which are an upgrade of 1 over the values on Nightmothers which almost all DC casters will still be using as it's really the only place to currently get In SFM. Nightmothers also has SFM 7 and In SFM 4, so it would be nice to see a similar upgrade on the goggles - SFM 8 and In SFM 5. Then even with only two material effects it would still be really nice. Doesn't solve the problem that any caster that has currently equipped the Dusk Lenses will need to find another source of spell power when they go to switch to the raid goggles (to the extent they care about that at all which most will at least to some extent), but asking for raid goggles to have SFM, In SFM, potency and insightful potency is probably a little too much.

Thanks in advance
    As they are a raid item, it would not be unimaginable to see them with SFM 8 INS SFM 5, INS Potentcy +77 and Quality Potentcy +37 and leave the enhanced metamagics off.

Wolfspyryt Wolfspite Angelyka Xug Foxyglove Geronymo - Officer of aliclan

"Baz'Morath, the Curator of Decay" (Raid Greataxe) now has the effect "Disease: Unholy Tear: This weapon saps the vitality from your enemies, dealing 10d6 Evil damage on each hit to Good enemies. It also has a chance to spread its disease whenever you strike an enemy, which will reduce their Armor Class and Positive Healing Amplification."

Axe is still meh. I have an idea put unnatural or something so that monks or druids can't use it! Muahahahahahahahha! xD
    Shaox xKahn of Orien server

~Let me in....

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    I think the question is whether Alacrity actually works on a repeater? Does it really speed up the firing rate by 20% (or something close to it)?

If it does, leave it.

If it doesn't, replace it with something much more useful like Keen V.

BTW...what was wrong with Impetus, Driven Across Stars? It looked very attractive to use.
    I'd say replace it with keen.
    Shaox xKahn of Orien server

~Let me in....

DDO Official Troubadour Taurnish's Avatar

Default A Glove for everyone

In regards to the raid gloves, here are my thoughts...

Make something most characters would benefit from irregardless of class and playstyle.

Gauntlets of the Roaming Mage

Doublestrike/ Doubleshot 25%
    Action Boost enhancement (increases action boosts by 2 or 3), this will not stack with precision lenses but offers another slot for action boost modification.
    Spell Mastery 3%/ 10% (this item increases spell critical chance by 3% and spell critical damage by 10%)
    Profane Healing Amplification 20%
    Quality Seeker 4
    Purple Slot
    Green Slot

This I think many players would potentially use, especially those that want to maximize particular numbers (spell mastery) or those who enjoy using action boosts for anything.

These gauntlets were worn by an Eldrich Knight who they say was equally capable with weapons or spells.

Thanks for considering.
    Cannith! Too many alts to list. Lorrtusk, Lorrtank (my main), Lorrgar, Batonrouge, Jimmyhendrix, Jimipage, Ironzealot, Lorrsane, Taurnish, etc.

Community Member

Helm of the Final Watcher Raid Helmet
    Minimum Level: 29

Seeker +21
    Distant Diversion +34%
    Accuracy +34
    Insightful Doubleshot +7%

and

Wildwood Gauntlets Gloves
    Minimum Level: 15/29

Blurry/Lesser Displacement
    Dodge +8%/+21%
    Natural Armor +8/+21
    Distant Diversion +12%/+33%

Both have distant diversion, unless they stack can we replace the one on the helm for anything else?

Community Member

Default Your dropping the raid into the void just like THTH

You are dropping this raid into the void just like THTH. It simply doesn't matter what the gameplay is or what the loot is as long as it is designed under your existing (THTH) paradigm.

90% of the population isn't at cap to run the raid, and those that are leveling in epics aren't going to farm up a raid weapon and spend another 50 hours farming up a sentient gem to have a lvl 29 raid weapon to use for 1 level that is better than their existing leveling sentient weapon such as an ESOS.

If you want to make this raid relevant, add accessible power for leveling for the 90% of the population that is leveling. Main hand only weapons that don't have further sentience capacity and don't need an additional 50 hours of farming to make good, but already have prowess or deadly rain or some other filigree effect already on them, that are more powerful when dropped than an existing lower level sentient weapon like an ESOS. Weapons lower than level 29.

You keep making bigger and more powerful cap weapons that require 50 hours of sentience farming to finish, and are on Tier 4, but if the player base really wanted that, they would have been running THTH and already have it.

For example, throw a level 23 dagger with built-in prowess instead of sentience into the raid. It doesn't have to be the best, an 8 slot agony with prowess would be better, but just usable as dropped for 90% of the player base.

Otherwise my feedback is that just like THTH it won't affect me one way or the other if this raid even exists. You've already dropped 100% of the raids in the last 7 years or 16 raids on top of the cap population, and it still is only 10% of the population. Half of that population would be there anyways to farm RXp and items.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldschool View Post
    Cannith pop counts (who panel)

Total (Lvl 20-30, Lvl 30 only)
    187 (54,24) 7/15/19 @ 0530 UTC (Mon)
    153 (41,13) 7/15/19 @ 0700 UTC (Mon)
    405 (105,43) 7/16/19 @ 0245 UTC (Mon evening US)
    190 (49,18) 7/16/19 @ 0600 UTC (Tue)
    201 (52,25) 7/16/19 @ 1430 UTC (Tue)
    283 (79,35) 7/16/19 @ 1800 UTC (Tue)
    Last edited by Tilomere; 07-17-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GordolGreydon View Post
    Helm of the Final Watcher Raid Helmet
    Minimum Level: 29

Seeker +21
    Distant Diversion +34%
    Accuracy +34
    Insightful Doubleshot +7%

and

Wildwood Gauntlets Gloves
    Minimum Level: 15/29

Blurry/Lesser Displacement
    Dodge +8%/+21%
    Natural Armor +8/+21
    Distant Diversion +12%/+33%

Both have distant diversion, unless they stack can we replace the one on the helm for anything else?
    On helm, distant diversion should be replaced with True Seeing
    Sarlona Server - High Lords of Malkier :
    Kluege Fixer - Superkluege

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by GordolGreydon View Post
    This was changed with a previous loot thread. Helm has Seeker, Quality damage, Attack Bonus, and insight doublestrike.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I just can change what the gloves do, yanno :P I don't want to break the raid parity for one set. A cool pair of standalone gloves is a lot more fun than a strict upgrade to what's currently available. That's why I am looking for suggestions on what the gloves could do that would make them worth using. They don't have to be themed the same, though, so keep an open mind
    I think it has already been pointed out, but to me, it is quite clear that you shot yourself in the foot with that family set.

It is so insanely powerful that virtually every melee I know is wearing at cap, or plans on using it. It is so awesome not only because the set effects are amazing, but because the individual items are very good too.

So any individual item is unlikely to make us discard it any time soon, and another set would need to be very powerful so that a different combination of 3+1 leads us to giving it up.

What solution do you have? For me, the least disruptive one would be to add more pieces to the set, so that other gear options become available. I don't see people giving up on the hand item any time soon, but perhaps you could open room form armors, and neck items.

This is besides the feedback on the current hand item, but I really want to use other armors and I can't because it would be silly (someone prove me wrong?); that's for me the sign of bad itemization.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Duhboy View Post
    I'd say replace it with keen.
    I'd say replace it with something new like... Loading, Please Wait: This crossbow has been enhanced with magically active mechanisms that will occasionally (15% chance once every 15 seconds) load and fire off a volley of enchanted bolts that stops any entity it hits. These bolts will be visible as they travel with a blue streak (the same shade of blue as the loading bar). The victim of this effect is doomed to become stuck in a state of suspended animation for the next 6d6 seconds with no saving throw and is slowed by 50% for the next 5 seconds following their recovery. While stuck in this state they can talk and will do so referencing the fact that they are stuck and how much they dislike it with their statements appearing as words above their heads. Statements will appear in Common if the creature speaks it, broken Common if they are not fluent, or otherwise statements will appear in the creature's native tongue. Works on the living, undead, constructs, incorporeal, and creatures such as oozes and living spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerio View Post
    I'd say replace it with something new like... Loading, Please Wait: This crossbow has been enhanced with magically active mechanisms that will occasionally (15% chance once every 15 seconds) load and fire off a volley of enchanted bolts that stops any entity it hits. These bolts will be visible as they travel with a blue streak (the same shade of blue as the loading bar). The victim of this effect is doomed to become stuck in a state of suspended animation for the next 6d6 seconds with no saving throw and is slowed by 50% for the next 5 seconds following their recovery. While stuck in this state they can talk and will do so referencing the fact that they are stuck and how much they dislike it with their statements appearing as words above their heads. Statements will appear in Common if the creature speaks it, broken Common if they are not fluent, or otherwise statements will appear in the creature's native tongue. Works on the living, undead, constructs, incorporeal, and creatures such as oozes and living spells.
    Here's the thing.... they don't develop new things anymore. If you look, when it comes to changing loot, the only thing done is taking something already in existence, and swapping it with something they want to remove.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    Here's the thing.... they don't develop new things anymore. If you look, when it comes to changing loot, the only thing done is taking something already in existence, and swapping it with something they want to remove.
    If this were even close to true my job would be a lot easier :P
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerio View Post
    6d6 seconds isn't long enough.

How about 1% chance once every 5 minutes to select a random mob in the dungeon. Until that mob is killed, all other mobs doomed to become stuck in a state of suspended animation. While stuck in this state they can talk and will do so referencing the fact that they are stuck and how much they dislike it with their statements appearing as words above their heads. Statements will appear in Common if the creature speaks it, broken Common if they are not fluent, or otherwise statements will appear in the creature's native tongue. Works on the living, undead, constructs, incorporeal, and creatures such as oozes and living spells. During this time, mobs will not be able to perceive any changes to their environments, but once a player starts attacking them, they will see their hitpoints go down and know with certainty that they are dead, both bemoaning their fate while also hoping that it's their death that breaks the effect and allows time to continue to move forward.

If this were even close to true my job would be a lot easier :P
    I am saying when it comes to CHANGING loot once it is already at this point on Lamannia. At this point, you only swap existing effects around. I am not saying that nothing new is ever developed, just not this late in the game for a release. The suggestion was to add something completely new for loot in this release.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    The suggestion was to add something completely new for loot in this release.
    I just like to throw ideas into the mix sometimes when they come up. And playing a crossbow wielder of any kind makes some kind of crown control very much appreciated. I didn't think it would be possible for this update to have a whole new effect added, but the idea came so I put it here.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Some disturbingly long and bad review of raiding
    You know the target audience for endgame is the endgame audience, yet you went on about how it's not fair to the not target audience and how it was horrible that they would be taken into account when developing content, and that's troublesomely arrogant and ignorant. It's frightening to me the idea that the developers would even have to read through your commentary on anything ever.

Quote Originally Posted by somethingcleverer View Post
    You know the target audience for endgame is the endgame audience, yet you went on about how it's not fair to the not target audience and how it was horrible that they would be taken into account when developing content, and that's troublesomely arrogant and ignorant. It's frightening to me the idea that the developers would even have to read through your commentary on anything ever.
    This, THTH had its own issues. But have spent the whole day raiding without issue including THTH. The TR crowd has enough stuff and the content is for leveling. More raids and end game stuff is needed. WPM set while some ok lowbie gear is IMO wasted content and opportunity because the area seem to be a wasteland except for wpm itself.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Community Member

This was changed with a previous loot thread. Helm has Seeker, Quality damage, Attack Bonus, and insight doublestrike.
    Is there a possibility of changing attack bonus to insightful attack bonus? There is more synergy using the ruby ring with ghostly, accuracy and dex since the Sharn gear is lacking ghostly item.

Or perhaps change quality damage to Ghostly? This change can work quite well with minor artifact items covering Ins Acc and Ins Deadly.

Do you mean Insightful doubleshot and not insightful doublestrike?

Thanks

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrabin View Post
    Is there a possibility of changing attack bonus to insightful attack bonus?
    Please no. Much better to keep the same effect and increase it a bit. It's a pain to have to slot Accuracy again. And we get insightful Accuracy from the artifacts now. Hard no from me.

Quote Originally Posted by IBCrabin View Post
    Or perhaps change quality damage to Ghostly? This change can work quite well with minor artifact items covering Ins Acc and Ins Deadly.
    Now you're talking. Seeker on this helm is amazing (thank you!), making it a must have. Seeker has been an ongoing problem for my GxB mechanic, with only rage helms or crafted being viable at end game. Huge props for Seeker.

But while quality Deadly (?) is a nice extra DPS boost, there are so many other effects that I'd rather have that are VERY hard to slot. Ghostly is a wonderful example. I'm keeping the Shadowhail cloak for now simply because Ghostly is so damn hard to find. Armor piercing, True seeing, those are really tough to find as well. So many ranged are wearing the Sharn melee necklace now (Family Sigil) for those and Relentless Fury, not to mention the only way Deadly 17 can be slotted (we can't wear Silver Dragonscale Helm).

That being said, I would love to see insightful Sheltering 26. I am losing insightful PRR 24 from dropping the Crumbing Gloves (most painful loss of all items for Wallwatch set, IMHO) and I can find no good way to get it back. The Sharn raid cloak has it, but it also has Dodge 21% that duplicates the Wildwood Gauntlets effect, so it is not very useful. I'm already duplicating Dodge 21% with Celestial Sapphire Ring (for Improved Deception). There are helms and gloves in Sharn with ins Sheltering, but we can't use those because of the Wallwatch set. I even tried to wedge in Cerulean Boots or Circle of Malevolence to get insightful sheltering and still make the Wallwatch set work. I've decided that I'l have to give up insightful PRR/MRR for the set, which is not good. As a squishy class (rogue mech), this may tip the balance back to Silent Avenger depending on how much harder I get hit.

Oh, and there is one effect that I might even want more than that. Spell absorption x 20. When i saw that on the Sharn gloves I was so jealous. Again, on the Crystalline Gauntlets that we Wallwatch types wont be able to wear. There was no piece of gear that was more difficult for me to remove than my Jeweled Cloak. For me, there was not a single piece of gear in the game that increased my survivability more than that cloak.

I know that the DPS crowd is vocal, but I'll add my voice to those who are asking you to please reconsider the quality Deadly selection. Ghostly and insightful Sheltering are both strong choices, though I'd prefer sheltering since I'll likely keep wearing my Shadowhail Cloak for Hide/MS +22 and Deception 18.

EDIT: Found the thread where duplicate of Distant Diversion was switched to quality Deadly, see below.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...w-3-Loot/page2

EDIT2: Just noticed that the Wallwatch bracers are all offense too. Perhaps this is a result of reaper and many end-gamers focusing solely on DPS as reaper seems to push everyone to. No point in building defenses if you're going to get one-shotted either way. I might just keep my RL bracers with ins CON 9 and qual PRR 12. I haven't raided much, but this helm is motivating me to try more often. So perhaps I have little standing to make recommendations on raid gear. If I'm in the minority (LE/R1 player at best), I'll concede quality Deadly to the majority.
    Last edited by 0ldschool; 07-22-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    Zanthiss, L30 Mechanic - Cannith

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Please don't touch again the Helm of the Final Watcher, they end up well in the last preview, think that was something like this
    Helm of the Final Watcher
    • Seeker +21
    • Quality Deadly +5
    • Accuracy +34
    • Insightful Doubleshot +7%
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Yellow Augment Slot
    • L. Wallwatch set

About the Raid Gloves, since break the Melee and Ranged set. Could end up with 2 gloves, one for each set.

Raid Gloves for Melee
    • Pierce Adamantine
    • Insightful Accuracy +17
    • Doublestrike 24%
    • Action Boost Enhancement +3
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Yellow Augment Slot
    • L. Part of the Family Set

Raid Gloves for Ranged
    • Natural Armor +22
    • Insightful Accuracy +17
    • Distant Diversion +34%
    • Action Boost Enhancement +3
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Yellow Augment Slot
    • L. Wallwatch set
    (Ok. I’m not too original made a hybrid between the non-raid and raid one, probably the others could have a better idea than mine)

OR, my completely selfish idea (ok. probably you dont gonna consider it, but one can dream):
    • Resonance +214
    • Sonic Lore +31%
    • Insightful Spell Focus Mastery +4
    • Profane Well Rounded +2
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Yellow Augment Slot
    Last edited by Strambotica; 07-23-2019 at 05:06 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast