Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default why cant admins get rid of this player completely?

Getting fed up with the guy who keeps doing the LFMs about DDO admins pushing people to suicide etc.....

Surely they can block someone completely? Or at least one of the DMs should be able to boot them within minutes of a complaint - that in itself would eventually stop them bothering joining.

is this only only Thelanis or is he doing it on other servers?

He bounces around and visits all the servers. He's also been doing this on and off for years now. It's truly sad and pathetic.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vryxnr View Post
    He bounces around and visits all the servers. He's also been doing this on and off for years now. It's truly sad and pathetic.
    If DDO Admins were on the ball they could delete this within a few mins. He would soon give up.

Community Member

Nothing stopping him from creating new accounts even if they did block him.

He obviously has some kind of insane compulsion to keep doing it, I dont think he's going to be discouraged by being banned a few times.

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

I'm with the close/ban on each account as they pop.
    It's not on the level of a racist/radical statement but it shouldn't be left ongoing.

I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult for an admin to check the LFMs periodically and kick them when it pops up. Ignoring it will only perpetuate it.
    How long before someone else thinks, "Hey, I can do the same thing?" Then you'll see worse.

An ounce of prevention prevents a Facebook type mechanic re-vamp.
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. Bear in mind I'm probably trying to be humorous. Like dodge, it's hit or miss.// Looking for a guild on Orien? Send a tell to Magnifique to join the "Fidelic Brotherhood".

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post
    I'm with the close/ban on each account as they pop.
    It's not on the level of a racist/radical statement but it shouldn't be left ongoing.

I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult for an admin to check the LFMs periodically and kick them when it pops up. Ignoring it will only perpetuate it.
    How long before someone else thinks, "Hey, I can do the same thing?" Then you'll see worse.

An ounce of prevention prevents a Facebook type mechanic re-vamp.
    Right, this guy will somehow influence everyone to throw up crazy lfm's. How long does that take? I mean this has only been going on for how many years? Why don't ya'll just ignore him and play?
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

What is it that makes you guys think the admins does not ban the new accounts this guy sets up as soon as they get on to them?

DDO does not have admins/GM's online 24/7. And this guy seems to go to work when he knows he will not be disturbed.

Community Manager

There is a certain level where the Internet meets the truly dedicated that can make things challenging. We do take action as soon as we can when these things pop up, so please do continue to report them.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    There is a certain level where the Internet meets the truly dedicated that can make things challenging. We do take action as soon as we can when these things pop up, so please do continue to report them.
    What's the best way to report an LFM?
    Sabbath - Sarlona

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Maybe I should join his LFM ?

I once met in another MMO an american player who wanted to very aggressively convince me that something that is very different in law in Germany compared to the U.S. is very bad. It sounded to me as if I should change that law personally. Astonishing, what people try other people to convince of.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Actually, since his LFM content rarely changes, you guys could run the LFM thru a filter (before it is actually sent down to all the players to see) and auto report / lock the guy's account. Regex is a wonderful thing .

Another idea I developed for one of our games was to progressively enable accounts to post LFMs, this can hurt new white hat players tho, but this would force the black hat guys to actually complete a quest, or spend a few minutes after logging in to post LFM + a bunch of small flags that separates logging in and immediately abusing the LFM panel..
    Last edited by janave; 07-03-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Maybe I should join his LFM ?

I once met in another MMO an american player who wanted to very aggressively convince me that something that is very different in law in Germany compared to the U.S. is very bad. It sounded to me as if I should change that law personally. Astonishing, what people try other people to convince of.
    Then you'd be giving him what he wants. Attention, just ignore him and report it.

This whole subject, its just such a huge catch22.

I feel sorry for both parties involved and at the same time feel the need to shrug this all off as I'm in no shape of form responsible for any of this.
    And yet somehow I get dragged into this...

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Then you'd be giving him what he wants. Attention, just ignore him and report it.
    Yes. Ignore him. Anything else is just dumb.

Keeping a constant eye on the forum and then banning him as soon as possible takes time and energy. IT isn't hard, it just has to be constant for it to work the way you think it should work.

If the sane and supposedly normal people on the forums would just ignore him, it will take almost no extra time and effort.

Would you really want someone constantly on the forum and vigilantly watching for this guy?

Would you rather pay someone to sit on the forum constantly looking for this kind of thing or would you rather they pay someone to fix bugs and come up with new content?

Just ignore him. Report him when he pops up. Let them ban him when they get around to it. And don't make a big deal out of it. Don't respond to him on the forums. Don't give him any attention. And for bobs sake, don't create new forum threads just to give him more opportunity.

This thread could just be that idiot mucking around with everyone again.

Stay calm. Take a breath. Ignore the moron.

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Right, this guy will somehow influence everyone to throw up crazy lfm's. How long does that take? I mean this has only been going on for how many years? Why don't ya'll just ignore him and play?
    Quikster- slow down a bit, bro. I was just speaking my peace. He doesn't bother me: just like you, I had something to contribute to the discussion.
    Along the same lines as your advice; if what I said doesn't align with your view, feel free to ignore it.
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. Bear in mind I'm probably trying to be humorous. Like dodge, it's hit or miss.// Looking for a guild on Orien? Send a tell to Magnifique to join the "Fidelic Brotherhood".

Default Once again, with feeling...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthorin1 View Post
    the guy who keeps doing the LFMs about DDO admins pushing people to suicide etc.....

Don't take the bait.
    Just report and move on with your day. Best way to report (I've found) this particular problematic individual: Esc/Help/New Ticket/Spam. If you are feeling particularly strongly - maybe try Harassment over Spam. I feel that's misleading the + who will be taking a look, but you do you. Make sure to spell their name correctly, and fill out the field with why you are putting in the ticket. Don't engage directly - it's just giving them more credit than they deserve and the attention they crave so desperately.
    Last edited by Memnir; 07-03-2019 at 01:01 PM.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Anthorin1 View Post
    Getting fed up with the guy who keeps doing the LFMs about DDO admins pushing people to suicide etc.....

Surely they can block someone completely? Or at least one of the DMs should be able to boot them within minutes of a complaint - that in itself would eventually stop them bothering joining.

is this only only Thelanis or is he doing it on other servers?
    Assuming it is the same guy and not a script that keeps making new accounts and post new lfm's. He could be dead for years and we be talking to a bot.
    Anyways, since the support is only working 10 minutes a month and a mod script autocloses help request tickets, i doubt they can stop him.

Then again, why keep mopping spilled water instead of fixing the leaking tab?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Well, not quite. I'm good at confusing people. Until he puts me on ignore. Then I won't be bothered by him anymore.
    On the other hand, I could just mirror him ...
    But, there's a fine line between being sane and being a troll myself, then ...
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Unhappy

I made a post about that guy a few weeks ago... he's been doing this for years now... sad story about a mad person, i even talked to him in game many times to see whats on his mind and he told me a bunch of stuff that are probably too deceiving since some people on the forum alerted me he was not a nice person in-game to the comunity as a whole...

Wish this case could be solved but his mad attitude seems unlikely to be changed by simply banning him over and over, it has been so many years now that he can possibly be at a real bad mental state right now, like totally obcessed with his little cruzade against the devs.

Sad story, sad person, very sad indeed.
    Sete notas musicais
    Em harmonia a soar
    Criam tudo que existe
    O fogo a terra a água e o ar

Community Member

Consider an IP ban?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast