View Poll Results: Levels of Monk

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stick with 6

    1 100.00%
  • 9 is better

    0 0%
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    581

    Default 6 or 9 levels of monk

    Hello

    I am currently testing a Druid/Monk/Fvs split and i am wondering whether to make it 13/6/1 or 10/9/1.

    It's a bear build using earth stance and staves. I am currently level 11 and ac is 85 and dodge 15.

    So what do you think is the bonuses from 3 more levels of monk worth sacrificing winter wolf for?

    Thanks
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

  2. #2
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    4,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    So what do you think is the bonuses from 3 more levels of monk worth sacrificing winter wolf for?
    DDO is not tabletop D&D, and in DDO a build is more than the sum of the Feats and class special abilities. Enhancements are at least as important, and often more so. Losing Druid 12 locks out any Core 12, and for both the NW and NP trees that involves boosts to criticals, which is money.

  3. #3
    The Hatchery Cernunan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    You know, there
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Those extra 3 levels will give you almost nothing of value to the build. Improved evasion would be the most useful perk, but it's not really needed. I think you would get more use from druid levels
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    DDO is not tabletop D&D, and in DDO a build is more than the sum of the Feats and class special abilities. Enhancements are at least as important, and often more so. Losing Druid 12 locks out any Core 12, and for both the NW and NP trees that involves boosts to criticals, which is money.
    Sorry i wasn't clear on this but the idea is to take tier 5 from henshin and use staves. I am not gonna take enough ap in NP to take core 12. core 12 from NW is not really needed either.

    My ap split is where the numbers in parentheses is if four legs good is needed:
    War soul 4 for ½ wis mod to damage
    NP 6 for 20 prr/mrr
    NW 17 Note: no four legs good. (23)
    Ninja spy 11 for +3 dodge cap og 25% incorp + dex to damage.
    Shintou 8 for 20 prr (can skip this)
    Henshin 34 (36)
    4+6+17+11+8+34=80

    Thank you for your inputs
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    Those extra 3 levels will give you almost nothing of value to the build. Improved evasion would be the most useful perk, but it's not really needed. I think you would get more use from druid levels
    I think you are right.

    The 3 levels of monk nets me improved evasion and 5% increased run speed.

    3 levels of druid gets me from level 5 spells to level 7 where regenerate is.

    5% increased run speed compared to none is not much. I plan to be in earth stance to it cancels out each other. So i will "only" have the normal run speed which for me is 25% due to that wizard spell - I have them on clicklies.
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload