Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post

Personally I would never give up the 2 extra AP in Harper regardless of recasting every 30 sec, because I doubt I would be able to afford the 45sp per cast every 30 seconds during a quest.
    It's not bad if you have the spell points from past lives and run in reaper where you can "accidentally" snake the occasional SP orb. Easy enough to blame lag when trying to pick up remnants
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    This sounds very similar to the build in my signature specifically the AP split, I have a variation of the build near cap now and the standing doubleshot with 3x killer from DWS is 97.3%. Are you able to get the BAB with that split to take IPS by 12?
    I ran it as iconic so I don't quite remember without looking it up - but I think at 12 it's 2 fig 2 art 8 rgr (take fighter at 12 for the bonus feat for ips) so that hits 11 bab for ips yeah

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    It's not bad if you have the spell points from past lives and run in reaper where you can "accidentally" snake the occasional SP orb. Easy enough to blame lag when trying to pick up remnants
    I am guilty of that as well.

Community Member

0% move speed bonus
    Last edited by Tilomere; 06-29-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    0% move speed bonus
    Tilo,

I feel ya. I love the bonus movement to speed as well. But I have noticed in Sharn most of those mobs chase you down anyways and it becomes more of a tactic to out maneuver rather than sheer run speed. None-the-less it is a huge sacrifice still. There is the ability to pick up 10% by giving up arty (lose rune arm, enchant weaps, dog companion, some sp and a feat) and go 12F/7R/1Barb. Then from there you could drop agent of good II and the extra point in gnome and grab another 7% from acrobat tree for a total of 47% vs 30% bonus to base run speed as in the original build. . It wouldn’t be a build changer by any means but would certainly improve your base speed by 17% and put close to monk. I chose to go a different path on this build.

Right now I am coming off 15R/4A/1Barb with 56% bonus to base run speed and that is already a hard life to follow up.
    Last edited by jskinner937; 06-29-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Right now I am coming off 15R/4A/1Barb with 56% bonus to base run speed and that is already a hard life to follow up.
    SDK 17 R/2A/1Barb, with racial wings...

If you don't like mechanic as a secondary tree you could just use assassin for killer. I have a feeling you are going to be disappointed how slow you level due to lacking move speed.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 06-29-2019 at 04:40 PM.

If you don't like mechanic as a secondary tree you could just use assassin for killer. I have a feeling you are going to be disappointed how slow you level due to lacking move speed.
    I agree for heroic leveling, I and maybe even epic, it is nice to move fast. Some players however choose to kill monsters faster rather than run faster. 1 level of barbarian does absolutely nothing for increased dps on a ranged build. Nothing at all.

As for the enhancement killer, you have to be able to kill stuff for it to work.
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    1 level of barbarian does absolutely nothing for increased dps on a ranged build. Nothing at all...
    Except that it allows a character to run backwards faster, often exactly as fast as some of the slower enemies (oozes, undead, etc) - which means they die instead of getting close enough to kill you. Ranged DPS drops dramatically when you die.

But more to the point, it's more a playstyle thing. Some use/need that little extra speed more than others.

Community Member

As I mentioned earlier, I have only iconic lives left.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12