Default Expansion Items Gone Forever When Only Character Deleted n Recreated ?

I had created a character on a different server to check out activity on it. I tried the toon out, didn't like it, and deleted it to create a new one. All the items from my expansions that go to the 1st character on a server are now gone. The supreme xp pots, the outfit from Ravenloft, the heroic tome, the sentient xp, etc. All that remained were items that go to every character on the server.
    For future reference, if I put the items that go to the 1st character in the shared bank, do they remain when I delete the only toon on the server, or are they still gone forever ? What about items like the BTC tomes that the 1st character gets ? They can't be put into the shared bank.

As far as the game understands, inventory is either connected to a character name or to an account.

If you delete a Character, you delete that name, and all the items in their inventory - equipped items, items in their pack, in their bank, items and bids on the AH, and all their mail* - everything tied to that name gets deleted when that name gets deleted. Without that name, nothing for all those items to be associated with, so poof. Doesn't matter if you recreate the same name 10 seconds later - too late, all gone.

If it's in a Shared Bank, it's attached to the Account, so it doesn't matter whether or not the account has any characters - the account is still there, the shared bank is still there, all items in that Shared Bank are still there. (Confirmed.)

(* One small exception - if you send mail, then delete that character, then you (or someone else!) re-create that name, and the mail gets returned - it will appear in the mailbox of the new character w/ that same name.)

If you write a very nice letter to CS, and grovel a lot, they might(!) help you get your items back. GL!

Thank you, Sir. I'll try that. If it doesn't work, I'll consider it a lesson learned