Community Member

Default +2 seeker vs. 5% more fort bypass

Hi guys,

Its probably trivial, but I would like your opinion before I craft a few things. I have the option to have 5% higher fort bypass, or +2 seeker. What would you take? I am running in ethereal plane with a wis based monk with high Hide skill and diversion for SA damage.

Thanks,
    Nico

You're pro'ly getting crickets b/c you haven't given nearly enough info. How much Fort bypass does your build have currently? How much Seeker? How much SA damage? Too many variables for an easy answer.

That said, as a rule, once you're past very early Heroics (where Fort is rarer), Fort bypass is a good thing, better than Seeker, b/c Fort Bypass is a +% to damage, Seeker is a +X. Remember that some bosses have well over 100 Fort, so if you want to do any crit, you need all the FB you can scrape together. Seeker, otoh, doesn't mean squat if you can't get the crit in the first place.

About the only time Seeker would be preferable is when you already have "ample" FB - and that is a judgement call.

So, unless you're already (well?) over +100 Fort bypass - go with more.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    You're pro'ly getting crickets b/c you haven't given nearly enough info. How much Fort bypass does your build have currently? How much Seeker? How much SA damage? Too many variables for an easy answer.

That said, as a rule, once you're past very early Heroics (where Fort is rarer), Fort bypass is a good thing, better than Seeker, b/c Fort Bypass is a +% to damage, Seeker is a +X. Remember that some bosses have well over 100 Fort, so if you want to do any crit, you need all the FB you can scrape together. Seeker, otoh, doesn't mean squat if you can't get the crit in the first place.

About the only time Seeker would be preferable is when you already have "ample" FB - and that is a judgement call.

So, unless you're already (well?) over +100 Fort bypass - go with more.
    Yeah, that makes sense. I was in game while typing that message above, so I really didn't put too much into info into the OP. So, I was trying to decide on what to do with armor piercing. I was either going to craft it with slavers for 28, or CC and get 23. On the flip side, I was crafting seeker on either slavers or CC. I actually chose seeker on slaver for +17, This is all for end game gear. I have pretty much everything else with sharn/RL gear.

That being said, my fort bypass is probably too low. I forgot to twist in Grim Precision, and I did not take the precision feat itself, so fort bypass is only 23% at the moment (that's probably why I am not great at undead).

I may respec and pull in Precision of 25% and twist in Grim precision for 15% more giving me a total of 63%.

Couple of random stats that help with SA damage:
    89 points of hide, so that's about +30 SA due to ethereal plane scion
    filigree with 1d6 SA damage
    Seeker: +17

I'm going for the highest SA damage I can get, but I also now realize fort bypass is good as well

So, what other ways can one get fort bypass???

Thanks,
    Nico