Default legendary ruby ring from sharn drop rates borked?

Have run same old song 70 times with about 45 of them in full groups and have never seen it drop for anyone? Is it wrong on wiki and not dropping in here? Is it the new jibbers with abysimal drop rates? Not dropping at all. Have a billion crafting mats due to running sharn mind numbingly a lot but no ring to craft? Can a dev check into this?
    Khyber IN BAD COMPANY Longand Drunkmage Sexyheals Fullforce

Drop rates are fine, just really bad luck, gotta keep farming along.

I have got pulled 2 heroic and 3 legendary ruby rings so far.. in about 3-4 saga runs so far..

Community Member

After having run multiple Elite and reaper sharn sagas over the last few weeks I can say the rings do drop but not often. The tier list seems to be weapons, armor, accessories, rings then helms. For some reason my white whale out in sharn is the Umber brim and arcsteel brim.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrolol View Post
    Drop rates are fine, just really bad luck, gotta keep farming along.
    I dunno...usually I'd agree with you that "math says no" but in this case it might be "math says yes"

25 solo runs and 45 full group runs is 295 samples, assuming he actually reviewed everyone's rewards every time.

Assuming running on Elite, 33% chance for a named item drop, and 20% chance for a named item to be Ruby Ring means 6.6% chance to get a Ruby Ring for each completion.

The odds of not getting a single Ruby Ring in that many trials are about one in 559 million. I think that's probably a little beyond "RNG sucks man"

Of course there's a lot of assumptions in that number, so if he was overstating things then yeah maybe just RNG

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I dunno...usually I'd agree with you that "math says no" but in this case it might be "math says yes"

25 solo runs and 45 full group runs is 295 samples, assuming he actually reviewed everyone's rewards every time.

Assuming running on Elite, 33% chance for a named item drop, and 20% chance for a named item to be Ruby Ring means 6.6% chance to get a Ruby Ring for each completion.

The odds of not getting a single Ruby Ring in that many trials are about one in 559 million. I think that's probably a little beyond "RNG sucks man"

Of course there's a lot of assumptions in that number, so if he was overstating things then yeah maybe just RNG
    RNG works in wonderful ways, I know someone who has done TTT hundreds of times with no jibbers, i've ran it a few times and managed to pull one. RNG is quite simply random, no point for them to fiddle with the droprates of a single item.

Community Member

RNG is quite simply random
    RNG is random but its not unknowable. There's rules of statistics it still obeys over large enough sample sizes. And thats precisely how you DO tell if something needs to be adjusted, or if something isnt WAI.

RNG works in wonderful ways, I know someone who has done TTT hundreds of times with no jibbers, i've ran it a few times and managed to pull one. RNG is quite simply random, no point for them to fiddle with the droprates of a single item.
    It's fun to say "random numbers are random" but there have been cases in the past where the dice weren't working as intended or as assumed.

Years ago during the S/S/S era, there was a period when epic scrolls stopped dropping. There were a lot of arguments about perception bias and bad luck, and even a few people claiming to be getting scrolls, before the devs confirmed that scrolls had indeed stopped dropping.

It certainly could be a run of bad luck for OP, but it's worth the conversation to ask what other people are seeing.
    Don't be a figjam.

I've personally seen multiple drop over the time i've ran same old song, maybe 4 epic 3 heroic ones give or take out of 20 ish runs

Quote Originally Posted by count_spicoli View Post
    Have run same old song 70 times with about 45 of them in full groups and have never seen it drop for anyone? Is it wrong on wiki and not dropping in here? Is it the new jibbers with abysimal drop rates? Not dropping at all. Have a billion crafting mats due to running sharn mind numbingly a lot but no ring to craft? Can a dev check into this?
    It can be rng. When sharn came out I got 2.

I then farmed it with 5 boxes on LE + to ransack on 2 characters per acc and saw nothing.

*** Edit sorry wrong ring (blown deadlines was mine)

I do have fewer ruby ones than I would expect but I have not been tracking that one.
    Last edited by noinfo; 06-21-2019 at 07:07 PM.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Just ran it 3 more times tonight in full groups. Not one. Got 4 diff items in one chest but not a single ring. Something is a miss
    Khyber IN BAD COMPANY Longand Drunkmage Sexyheals Fullforce

Quote Originally Posted by count_spicoli View Post
    Just ran it 3 more times tonight in full groups. Not one. Got 4 diff items in one chest but not a single ring. Something is a miss
    Legendary Celestial Ruby Ring?

Sorry to hear your not having luck. Sadly, I have to be another one of those who say that RNG is not being kind to you, because I just got one to drop on my second time in there ever. Keep at it. thanks to RNG nothing is ever guaranteed and you could go on a 1000 streak of never seeing it, or it could be your next pull. That's the nature of RNG sadly.

Thumbs up Sorry, it's not me, it's you...

Went looking for it today for first time.

In a group. Didn't drop for anyone. Rerolled the chest twice and up in popped for me.

It's just luck.

Hope yours improves.