Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Amber

  1. #1
    Community Member mr420247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,569

    Default Amber

    Just logged back in after couple month break

    Is it really as bad as i think or worse lol

    She's random now and the stupid cards are random too or

    Really just wanted fast r1s for daily sagas but f it now
    Damonz Cannith

  2. #2
    Founder & Super Hero Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    7,893

    Default

    My understanding is the fortune teller is always in the same place.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

  3. #3
    Community Member mr420247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Thats not what i heard some told me she can move so what place is that library or

    Petition just remove it from the saga thanks
    Damonz Cannith

  4. #4
    Community Member MistaMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    704

    Default

    She is in the Library and then she will tell you where the icon is. Sometime you have already found it but you still need to speak to her to complete
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 36, 80. Ozzbad 35, 36, 14, 36, 76. Ozzugly 40, 40, 19, 36, 99. EvilOzz 33, 36, 6, 13, 34. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial
    Reaper Points

  5. #5

    Default

    What makes her placement there extra special is that Flimsy told us he would revert the new extra mob spawns, and move her to compensate. Instead, he left (at least most of) them, and moved her anyway.

  6. #6
    Uber Completionist kain741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    Thats not what i heard some told me she can move so what place is that library or

    Petition just remove it from the saga thanks
    What is the justification to remove it? The quest is typed as "very long" and still takes less than 10 mins on r1. All the passwords are still in the same place and she is always in the same place. I don't think because the quest has more mobs is a reason to remove it from the saga....
    ZERG
    Whynnd | Xantroos | Cyridven | Justys

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kain741 View Post
    ...and still takes less than 10 mins on r1...
    Is this what others are seeing? I run r2 at level on pretty much everything, and this has become one of the longest quests I run. It usually takes me 30 minutes or more to complete which is more than just about everything else. I am not disputing that it is called a very long quest, because for me it certainly is. But are people routinely completing this in 10 minutes? Wouldn't it depend on where the icon lands?

    Oh and yea, we were totally scammed on this. The mobs were not removed as far as I can tell. They just made Eva harder to get to. Last time I trust that dev.

  8. #8
    Uber Completionist kain741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bracelet View Post
    Is this what others are seeing? I run r2 at level on pretty much everything, and this has become one of the longest quests I run. It usually takes me 30 minutes or more to complete which is more than just about everything else. I am not disputing that it is called a very long quest, because for me it certainly is. But are people routinely completing this in 10 minutes? Wouldn't it depend on where the icon lands?

    Oh and yea, we were totally scammed on this. The mobs were not removed as far as I can tell. They just made Eva harder to get to. Last time I trust that dev.
    Yes, i would say 10 mins is a good average approximation on R1.
    ZERG
    Whynnd | Xantroos | Cyridven | Justys

  9. #9
    Community Member mr420247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Its a piece of s quest and the last nerf on the back that made me quit and i never want to even see it again

    Rather run slavers till my eyes bleed and f that too

    Legion ftw till i can do some lives cant even get 1 single fn saga for etrs bs

    Do the new etrs even give more maxed fate points probly not right so meh
    Damonz Cannith

  10. #10
    Community Member Epicstorms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    417

    Default

    I suggest you learn the quest a bit before you ragequit because you can't run it in a couple of minutes with your cheat sheet.

    Eva is always in the same spot, once you know it's not that difficult.

    Also, when the devs moved Eva they did remove quite some mobs per spawn. I think amber is fine like this.

  11. #11
    Community Member AbyssalMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bracelet View Post
    Is this what others are seeing? I run r2 at level on pretty much everything, and this has become one of the longest quests I run. It usually takes me 30 minutes or more to complete which is more than just about everything else. I am not disputing that it is called a very long quest, because for me it certainly is. But are people routinely completing this in 10 minutes? Wouldn't it depend on where the icon lands?

    Oh and yea, we were totally scammed on this. The mobs were not removed as far as I can tell. They just made Eva harder to get to. Last time I trust that dev.
    Remember there may have been an intention to "undo" the nerf and the developer had every intention of doing so. Their boss could have put the stop to it and cancelled the work order. We may never know (probably never know).

    Suck it up like the rest of us and find other things to do with our time. If there is anything SSG learned from their time with WB/Turbine was how to drive players away with narcissistic nerfs.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

  12. #12
    Community Member mr420247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Ya i should but don't care xp sucks now waste of time learning got tons more dailies i can get faster better xp per minute
    Damonz Cannith

  13. #13
    Community Member Epicstorms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Pretty sure the dev said he would remove "most mobs", and I've always thought that it was not the intention that all additional mobs would disappear. Which is also the case, so I think you just misread it tbh.

  14. #14
    Community Member Epicstorms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    Ya i should but don't care xp sucks now waste of time learning got tons more dailies i can get faster better xp per minute
    XP sucks? You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

  15. #15
    Community Member mr420247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Keep the fn mobs x by 10 but put the damn chic back at the start

    I can do half the lod gh saga faster then this *****

    3k every 3 mins rxp b4 buddy bonus used to be ok now
    Last edited by mr420247; 06-19-2019 at 04:01 PM.
    Damonz Cannith

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    326

    Default Corrupt-A-Wish

    The sad thing is we're never going to get back the amazing Amber temple that was one of the best designed quests in the game.

    People were massively in favor of moving Madam Eva as an alternative to the "lol here's a pack of mobs every 10 feet, i hope you like red dungeon alert" change they made.

    Instead Madam Eva got moved but only like 10% of the dozens of packs that were added actually got removed, completely screwing over *both* camps of people.

    Amber is a dead quest now.

    I'm not even going to bother asking for them to fix it anymore because SSG have proven that they'll corrupt-a-wish anything the players ask for.

    Eh whatever, I don't even care that much about this game anymore.
    Last edited by FlavoredSoul; 06-19-2019 at 05:37 PM.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epicstorms View Post
    Pretty sure the dev said he would remove "most mobs", and I've always thought that it was not the intention that all additional mobs would disappear. Which is also the case, so I think you just misread it tbh.
    I'm too lazy to search that mess of a thread, but I'm pretty sure Flimsy said he'd revert the number of mobs to pre-nerf with the trade off of putting Madam Eva further inside. But he only removed like 50% of the new number I think. Now, I was away during the golden era of Amber, so I can't really compare it to how it was, but I still think the number of mobs is quite annoying for this quest, especially the ghosts that keep phasing in and out. I'm sure it's less of an issue for Sorcs . They phase out and and phase in a way that makes you take damage before you can even target them, talking about plebs like melee and ranged

    Did 3 skulls appear behind the door at the top of the ladder before the nerf?
    Teach me senpai!

  18. #18
    Bounty Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    The sad thing is we're never going to get back the amazing Amber temple that was one of the best designed quests in the game.

    People were massively in favor of moving Madam Eva as an alternative to the "lol here's a pack of mobs every 10 feet, i hope you like red dungeon alert" change they made.

    Instead Madam Eva got moved but only like 10% of the dozens of packs that were added actually got removed, completely screwing over *both* camps of people.

    Amber is a dead quest now.

    I'm not even going to bother asking for them to fix it anymore because SSG have proven that they'll corrupt-a-wish anything the players ask for.

    Eh whatever, I don't even care that much about this game anymore.
    I am wondering if Flimsy realizes he left those mobs because the impression I had is he intended to revert back to the old quest with the exception of moving Madam Eva. That would have solved the farming issue.

  19. #19
    Community Member Dragavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,964

    Default

    This thread amuse me a lot.

    My friends and I have done Amber Temple a number of times since the last changes, both heroic and epid reaper, and we find it no less enjoyable than it was when it came out. The added mobs are not at all a problem to handle, and adds just a minute or two to completion time.

    I do not see any reason to complain about it really.

  20. #20
    Community Member TedSandyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyed-Pyper View Post
    There is merit to your statement. What does that say about the state of the game?
    To me it says they are doing something right.

    GOOD only means RAPID to some.

    So, Amber was a GOOD dungeon? Why? Because it was well thought out. Because it challenged you? Because it made you work as a team? What made it good? To read this thread the ONLY thing good about it was how fast you could get XP. And now, that you have to actually work at the dungeon a little, it becomes garbage.

    So an exact summary of this thread is that Amber was good if you could bypass most of it and get good XP. But is now garbage because you actually have to play through it in some semblance of the way it was designed.

    Is that really what this game should be about? Fast XP and absolutely nothing else matters? I don't want to play that game.

    I, for one, am glad it was nerfed and I hope they do so for all the dungeons that people are able to complete without doing all the work.

    I wish you couldn't get any reaper XP until you finished ALL the optionals in a dungeon and you should also be required to get the conquest bonus. Ten kills is ridiculous. Make reaper mean something. Make the dungeons hard and make it so you HAVE to do something, not just find the best way to zerg them with minimum effort.

    This game is about killing monsters and clearing dungeons. The name of the game is DUNGEONS and DRAGONS, not run to the end and avoid all content and dragons.

    There shouldn't be any freebies and when one dungeon stands out it should be hauled back in.

    Good job developers. It looks to me from this thread that you have angered exactly the right people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload