Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default 2019 DDO Fashion Competition, 3rd Annual

3rd Annual
    2019 DDO Fashion Competition

Please show off your snazziest, most awesome, most fashionable DDO characters and come strut your stuff in screenshots.

Starting Wednesday, June 19th I will be accepting submissions for a Fashion Competition here on the DDO forums. The deadline for submissions is Friday July 19th. Barring an enormous number of submissions I hope to have the competition judged and sorted by the following Monday, July 22nd.

The categories for submission are : Male Humanoid, Female Humanoid, Bladeforged/Warforged, and Dragonborn.
    Humanoid refers to any and all races not Bladeforged, Warforged, or Dragonborn.
    The winner of each main category will receive a code for 500 DDO points (you may only win once,) generously provided by SSG.
    There will also be a Worst Dressed category, race doesn't matter, the winner receives a Mirror of Glammoring for obvious reasons.
    This year six 100 point codes will be given away when the contest ends to random participants (only non-category winners).

Please submit, here in this thread, screenshots of your best, most fashionable character in these categories.
    One submission per category per poster, so no one can submit multiple dragonborn but one poster may submit a bladeforged, a dragonborn, a female elf and a male dwarf for instance.
    You need only make one submission to one category to enter, you do not have to have entries for every category. Please only post your submissions to this thread, I will not be accepting submissions in Private Message. If I receive any entries by PM I will only redirect you to post within the thread because I think it is only fair for everyone to see every entry.

If you do intend to apply to more than one category please try to post all images within the same post or keep your posts very close together. You may only win once. That is if your account wins Most Fashionable Dragonborn you cannot also win Most Fashionable Female (insert winner's race.) Myself and my family will not be competing, that would not be fair.

For image posting purposes I like http://imgur.com/ but any site that works for you is fine.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Screenshot For more information on how to take a screenshot and post it.

Also previous entrants cannot post the exact same image as in any previous year. If you wish to submit the same fashion then some change at least in pose or location is required for re-submission.

Submissions will be judged on five criteria.

• Color cohesiveness. (For instance someone with similar or matching colors would receive more points than someone with contrasting colors, e.g. sage hair with green armor would get a higher score than hot pink hair with green armor. Some exceptions may apply, such as if your theme is Rainbow or Ebony & Ivory.)
    • Accessorizing. (Do your weapons/shield/goggles or helm/hairstyle match and/or improve your look and theme?)
    • Background appeal. (Example, if the character is trying for a Gothic theme wearing Bloodplate for instance and they took the screenshot in front of an evil statue with blood all over it in the Necropolis they would score higher than the same armor on a sunny Three barrel Cove beach.)
    • Pose. (Because all models pose.) For a list of options try /emotelist in general chat or reference http://ddowiki.com/page/Chat#Emotes for more information.
    • Adherence to a theme. (Gothic, steampunk, elven elegance etc. This would be an overall grade.)

Additionally, I will subtract points for having your character cut-off, mostly obscured, hidden in darkness or otherwise incredibly difficult to see. The point of the competition is FASHION. If I cannot see your character well or make out the details of their ensemble then they will not receive a high score.

Please with each entry you submit also include your theme. It may be obvious but please include it anyway. You may need to identify your submission as male/female if your character's face is covered by a helm and the pose makes gender difficult to discern.

Named, random generated, cosmetics, rags... anything goes so long as the character isn't in their underwear. No lingerie. Please.

After judging, I will post the winners as well as the Runners Up to the end of the thread.

For reference the links to previous years' competition:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...on-Competition
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ion-2nd-Annual

---------------------------------------

Examples: Last year's Winners

Hipparan : Remembrance of War

PsychoBlonde : The Mystic Arts

msrayven : Warrior Queen of the Pixies

Noir : Purple Dragon Knight Shopping Trip

Claver : Clubberlang in Pity the Fool
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

whoot! Thanks for hosting this again! I am looking forward to everyone's pics!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (4), Naerfelka (21)

Weeee I know the perfect outfit and pose!
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

So glad for this to be back, looking forward to it
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3

I already have my screenshot ready, I'm just waiting to see other entries.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    whoot! Thanks for hosting this again! I am looking forward to everyone's pics!
    Your welcome. I hope you plan on participating.

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Weeee I know the perfect outfit and pose!
    Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    I already have my screenshot ready, I'm just waiting to see other entries.
    Don't wait! Be BOLD, be the first.

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    So glad for this to be back, looking forward to it
    Me too.

I can't wait to see what people choose with tiefling and cloaks as an added accessory. I do hope we get more warforged/bladeforged entries than last year.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Oo, I have one, will post when I get back home from work.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

This is really cool!

Yokido is a Male Halfling "Cleric" who is heroically leading the Silver Flame after Dryden(s) grave mistake(s). He likes exorcising demons from the innocent, putting the dead back to rest, praying in silence for hours on end, and banana flavored milkshakes.

Category : Male Humanoid

Yokido : Redeeming the Silver Flame

Epic Mournlode Morningstar // Dragontouched Leather Armor // Levik's Defender // Cloak of Ice (clicky version)
    Last edited by Yokido; 06-22-2019 at 11:14 PM.

DDO Players Council Brightheart245's Avatar

Category: Female Humanoid (Seraphemia)
    Theme: Divine Resurrection & Praise

Ghallanda | Seraphemia | Best Beaches Around | Celestial Radiance

Category: Humanoid Female (Concert the Ever-Dancing)
    Theme: Solstice Revelry

Crimson Bull Outfit with Battle Sash, Glowing Eyes - Infernal Fire, Scoundrel's Half-Coak, Ponytail Mohawk Hair/Petal Pink Dye

Category: Dragonborn (Alabastrine the Blizzard Lizard)
    Theme: Making an Entrance

Heavy White Dragonplate Armor, Pairlan Mirror Cloak, and dual Madstone Rods

Category: Warforged (Antique, Protector of the Wilds)
    Theme: Hands Off the Deer!

Livewood Core Docent (no body feat), Drow Smoke Goggles

Category: Male Humanoid (Bookwyrm the Oblivious)
    Theme: Hosting the Gun Show

Loot Gen Brigandine, Loot Gen Hat, Cerulean Cloak of Wave
    Last edited by Memnir; 06-22-2019 at 11:29 PM.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Named, random generated, cosmetics, rags... anything goes so long as the character isn't in their underwear. No lingerie. Please.
    `daaam, now that we have a real slums, i was preparing the best beggar themed character, wearing nothing but socks and a +2 quarterstaff of *this was vendortrash 16 levels ago*..

This is my gnome artificer, Ishtaris. It was really hard to screenshot, but after about 40 takes I finally got it. I had to synchronize:
    - The rune arm firing animation (with hand outstretched, which only happens in last half second)
    - The very end of a rune arm blast (you can see three streaks of lightning; I was hoping for four streaks, but got tired after so many failures)
    - The peacock tail feathers opening (within a time limit because the bird turns slightly after a couple seconds, ruining the symmetry)
    - The proper matching outfit (Sharn arcsteel set, the arc-wielder rune arm, warforged peacock, and a rod of mythant cosmetic, all matching in gray, teal, and gold)
    - I was happy to see that the red rings of the airship turned slightly purple due to the rune arm graphics.

Category: Male Humanoid (All Aboard the Rainbow Express)
    Last edited by HastyPudding; 06-21-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Great submissions guys, keep 'em coming!

Default Humanoid Female

Theme: The Frozen Path

Natheme the water druid embodies the forces of ice and snow.

Audamar. Humanoid male. Style: oriental.

Not much in terms of pose, but I'm proud of the costume and I like the matching location.

[You can click on the pic to make it bigger.]

Last edited by Ausdoerrt; 06-22-2019 at 04:49 AM.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Community Member

Category: Female Humanoid
    Theme: Fallen Ninja Avenger

Armor: Red Leaf Outfit with Cloth Shirt, Cloak: Phiarlan_Mirror_Cloak, Swords: 2x Sirocco with Forgewraith Glamered Weapon Aura
    Last edited by RoyArne; 06-26-2019 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Added gear list

Community Member

Category: Female Humanoid
    Theme: "The greatest spells are in the smallest potions!"

Ellatrix, the deep gnome.
    Last edited by emanuelled; 06-22-2019 at 06:30 PM.

A bar stool on stage at the Crossroads Tavern

These are all really impressive so far. I was wondering if anyone wanted to list or link the outfits they are wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by DeCourcy View Post
    I was wondering if anyone wanted to list or link the outfits they are wearing?
    I'll edit my post to include the list under each pic.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Buffalon, Winged Duregar

Buffalon.jpg

Cosmetics: Reaper's Platemail, Cloak of the Reaper, Vargouille Wing Helmet and Axe of Adaxus (x2)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast