Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Icon Revision

Community Member

Default Icon Revision

Please please please go through on one of the next couple of updates and fix all of the icons that are incorrect!

If an icon is SQUARE I should be able to drag it to a toolbar and click on it for some effect. Somewhere along the way in the last few years, someone started designing the icons incorrectly, giving us SQUARE icons that are not draggable and clickable.

Systems Designer

I've got a few hours to kill, what's currently wrong and where? I've been meaning to do this for a while. Lay em on me
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Maybe OP could give a specific example of an icon with this problem?

Yes some of them are wrong w.r.t. to square vs octogon. But it would be helpful for the devs if you listed the ones that you know of, since it would be a lot of work to meticulously check every single icon in the game. Better yet bug report them, since the devs don't always read every thread.

Another way some of the icons are wrong is they are using a placeholder image or an image that was meant for something else.

Here's one example I know of right now:

- Deep Gnome past life is using the Shadar-Kai icon

Community Member

Not sure why but the Bladeforged iconic race has a feat Bladeforged which has an Active Square shape instead of a Passive Octagon shape for both the feat in the character sheet and the buffs indicator. The Warforged Traits feat correctly has a Passive Octagon.
    Last edited by byzantinebobby; 06-17-2019 at 02:17 PM.

I would love you forever and ever Lynnabel if you could fix monk ability icons being greyed out when dragged to the shortcut bar. Not only does it look bad - it can get confusing and finicky with Stunning Fist and Monk Finishers in particular.

I can't be the only one having this issue, surely?

Lynnabel, I would like you to replace the "Standing with Stone" icon from GMOF with the Standing Stone Games Icon or some rough approximation of the company logo...it would be a cool little easter egg that fits the name/ability of that effect

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLexi View Post
    I would love you forever and ever Lynnabel if you could fix monk ability icons being greyed out when dragged to the shortcut bar. Not only does it look bad - it can get confusing and finicky with Stunning Fist and Monk Finishers in particular.

I can't be the only one having this issue, surely?
    Ditto. Not sure what causes them to grey out. They can already be in hot bar and whoosh some grey our and some do not. Usually enhancements but sometimes epic destiny clickies too. Happens maybe once a week on average (and I play all 7 days)

Community Member

Here's one: There's a clear overlay of some kind over the Eldritch Knight (now passive) Spellblade.
    It deserves to be an octogon OR a square, but not the "Both" status it currently has...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I've got a few hours to kill, what's currently wrong and where? I've been meaning to do this for a while. Lay em on me

There is a post here....

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-Enhancements

About Pet Icons being square for passives.
    Maybe this is what OP was talking about?

Icons that are wrong
    Harper Agent Tree - Harper's Freedom is an active ability, but the icon is an octagon
    Fatesinger - Harmonic Resonance (core 3) is active, but the icon is an octagon (probably already changing this)

Tree space that is wrong
    Eldritch Knight (Sor) - Spellsword (core 2) has a square icon (correct) but an octagonal spot
    Eldritch Knight (Wiz) - Spellsword (core 2) has a square icon (correct) but an octagonal spot

Community Member

Speaking of icons that have been broken for ages

"There are so many people running around and so many LFMs that it actually doesn't feel like a single player game." - Some guy on HCL

Also what the live servers would be like with server merges or cross-server grouping.

Default A few Bard issues

Quote Originally Posted by OfElectricMen View Post
    Please please please go through on one of the next couple of updates and fix all of the icons that are incorrect!

If an icon is SQUARE I should be able to drag it to a toolbar and click on it for some effect. Somewhere along the way in the last few years, someone started designing the icons incorrectly, giving us SQUARE icons that are not draggable and clickable.
    Ballad Mellody: Song of heroism in the Warchanter tree enhancement sheet is a square should be a Octagon, the buff on the bar is also a square

Harmonic resonance in fate singer is an octagon in the ED screen, should be a Square. It shows up as a square every where else just not the tree.

Community Member

Memento: Reaper's Power uses the buff icon from Memento: Reaper's Luck when activated.
    "There are so many people running around and so many LFMs that it actually doesn't feel like a single player game." - Some guy on HCL

Also what the live servers would be like with server merges or cross-server grouping.

Community Member

The Orbs in Killing Time deal no Chaos damage anymore , making the raid much easier.
    Omnipresence: Morkass, Ethiene, Eldried, Tenedoss, Tergos, Fergoss, Terendel

Blessings of the Feather has a square icon, bus is a permanent favor feat.

Why is Deadly Instinct from Falconry a debuff, but Know the Angles and Divine Might are a buff? Thought that was odd when I was playing a WIS-based monk a few months ago. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing as it's much easier for me to track the time-to-expiration on Deadly Instinct compared to KtA/DM. But since this thread is about icon consistency, it seemed apropos.

The quick fix is to make DI a buff. The better and longer-to-implement fix would be to sort the buff window by duration remaining. That way all short-to-live buffs are anchored on the left or right of the buff bar. It's much easier to see what's expiring and when that way, rather than sorting through the visual mess of buffs.
    Kobeyashi | Ying

Would be nice if you were posting a heroic LFM and the Warlock icon allowed warlocks instead of asking for epics...
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    The better and longer-to-implement fix would be to sort the buff window by duration remaining. That way all short-to-live buffs are anchored on the left or right of the buff bar. It's much easier to see what's expiring and when that way, rather than sorting through the visual mess of buffs.
    That would be great.

IIRC, the Mass Suggestion icon and the Suggestion icon are the same, at least for bards. Been a while since I've played a wizard or sorc, so not sure if they're the same for them as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast