Community Member

Default Festive Diamonds

For this years Night Revels Festival can we please get Festive Diamonds for each stat, in addition to the INT and WIS ones that already exist ?

I'd really like to see the Festive Stat Augments parceled out to each event. Con and Cha to the Anniversary Party because who doesn't need endurance and some social skills to survive a shmoozy event? And Str and Dex to Crystal Cove because that would seem to fit pirates more. Speaking of pirates... when's the next Crystal Cove?! Should be coming up soon, yes?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I'd really like to see the Festive Stat Augments parceled out to each event. Con and Cha to the Anniversary Party because who doesn't need endurance and some social skills to survive a shmoozy event? And Str and Dex to Crystal Cove because that would seem to fit pirates more.
    This would be an excellent way to make some of the more stale events a bit more appealing.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

I'd really like to see the Festive Stat Augments parceled out to each event. Con and Cha to the Anniversary Party because who doesn't need endurance and some social skills to survive a shmoozy event? And Str and Dex to Crystal Cove because that would seem to fit pirates more. Speaking of pirates... when's the next Crystal Cove?! Should be coming up soon, yes?
    I third this idea!
    AKA Lyrin on Khyber

Community Member

While we're at it how about adding the Kobold sentient gem to Crystal Cove instead of just having it locked behind that @#%)@#% grind of an Anniversary Event? ><

Honestly at this point I wouldnt mind seeing all the special event loot consolidated...have a special Events Vendor that appears for all events, lets you trade any event currency for universal Event tokens that let you buy ANY special event reward.

Naturally the exchange rate would make it preferable to acquire items with their actual event currency during their event...but it would help with having to wait 9, 10, 11 months before the thing you need becomes available again...or being bored with an event because you already got all the loot two years ago...
    Last edited by droid327; 06-16-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    While we're at it how about adding the Kobold sentient gem to Crystal Cove instead of just having it locked behind that @#%)@#% grind of an Anniversary Event? ><

Honestly at this point I wouldnt mind seeing all the special event loot consolidated...have a special Events Vendor that appears for all events, lets you trade any event currency for universal Event tokens that let you buy ANY special event reward.

Naturally the exchange rate would make it preferable to acquire items with their actual event currency during their event...but it would help with having to wait 9, 10, 11 months before the thing you need becomes available again...or being bored with an event because you already got all the loot two years ago...
    Crystal cove should get a pirate gem...

Mabar a creepy gem...

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Crystal cove should get a pirate gem...

Mabar a creepy gem...
    Crystal Cove should get a Hatchet-face Ned voiced gem... (E3BC log narrator) and Mabar could just perhaps have a Succubus voiced gem as according to Eberron lore Mabar is the home plane of Succubi.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

DDO Official Troubadour Taurnish's Avatar

Default festivity bonus items

I mentioned this somewhere previously. I think it would be a great idea for a festive augment (preferably colorless but not necessarily) to be available at each event throughout the year. Some of these could involve stats alone but others could give a festive skill bonus. Or even add ones that could give festive PRR/ MRR/ Dodge/ AC/ spellpower. I do not know how complex of a project it would be to implement these bonuses I mentioned other than the ones applying to a specific STAT. This, however, would be an option to bring older players back to events. You could consider adding these as new remnant vendor trades as well.

Pirate cove
    Winter games
    Mimic event
    Anniversary event

would all be possibilities.

Thanks
    Proud officer of Bind Point on Cannith! Too many alts to list. Lorrtusk, Lorrtank (my main), Lorrgar, Batonrouge, Jimmyhendrix, Jimipage, Ironzealot, Lorrsane, Taurnish, etc.

Community Member

Crystal Cove should get a Hatchet-face Ned voiced gem... (E3BC log narrator) and Mabar could just perhaps have a Succubus voiced gem as according to Eberron lore Mabar is the home plane of Succubi.
    Give Hatchet-Face Ned is an awesome pirate pick. That or a rather angry Jack Jibbers (He kept coming back, so we trapped his soul)

Mabar, just let the Abbot voice one.

Mimic event should have a Yaulthoon gem. ("Oh, no, that's not the real Yaulthoon, I'm just a memory fragment here to make sure you keep some materials intact for my next project")

Insert wife saga/ drama

"Oh this is why you want to play the game so much is it!"

I forgot about the Mimic event but I would sincerely hesitate to use that one for these festive augments when the event is so rare AND unpredictably scheduled. At least Mabar we know happens around Halloween, Cove usually with Summer Sales/Sails?, the Anniversary party ...uh close to the Anniversary, Risia/Midwinter around Christmas but the Mimic Hunt (which I love by the way) seems to be absolutely random. If anyone knows a method to the madness of the Mimic Hunt schedule, please enlighten me.

Default this

If anyone knows a method to the madness of the Mimic Hunt schedule, please enlighten me.
    Whenever they feel like it. Asking Cordovan about it during the weekly wednesday livestream seems to work fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Insert wife saga/ drama
    I'm playing tennis here darling and practicing Anna Kournikova's serve, nothing to worry about.

But really that's why headphones where invented, right?

Besides the jokes and all, would love to see more festive bonuses and would love more voices as well.

I just thought of something... we have Ruby Eyes of Righteousness but do we have one for Chaos? Would something like that be cool for the Mimic event? Honestly, I'd grind the mimic event if they would give me the option of the original pink chaos aura as a weapon glammor. I really like that one and its still NOT available for some inane reason.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post

I think they should make a Jack Jibbers sentient gem for Crystal Cove.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

I just thought of something... we have Ruby Eyes of Righteousness but do we have one for Chaos? Would something like that be cool for the Mimic event? Honestly, I'd grind the mimic event if they would give me the option of the original pink chaos aura as a weapon glammor. I really like that one and its still NOT available for some inane reason.
    That'd be pretty cool, +1
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

I just started 3BC for the first time and the narration/voice acting is awesome. That's probably why we wont get them as Sentient gems. Pro voice acting is likely only going to happen for expansions, where there's enough new lines and enough income to warrant paying for a day in the studio. I know from MH2016 that voice acting is always a big chunk of cost...you dont just pay by the line, so you usually wait till you have a whole day's worth of lines and record them all at once. And if you have more voice actors, that costs more than if you just have a few that do most of the lines. I think that's why they went with the "guest narrator" approach in Sharn.

That being said, I've often advocated they go with the Warframe approach and have all the dev staff handle the voice acting...so they can record new lines whenever they need. Sentient jewels especially dont need a whole lot of lines, so going with dev-acting would give them a LOT more flexibility in adding new jewels. And I'm sure one of them could pull off a decent pirate after studying the 3BC recordings

And is THAT what Malicia was going on about in Curse the Sky? Was that all it was? That seems rather anticlimactic

Put Jack Jibbers in one.

I see ye used me blade again. Tis too bad ye can't just stay alive to begin with.

Arrr... there was not in that chest but common bauble... not that ye deserve more than that.
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Community Member

Jack Jibbers sentient gem definitely needs to happen. Also yes to all the stuff in this thread.