Thread: Explanation?

Community Member

Default Explanation?

I have been playing this off and on for years but have been just stumbling around in the dark, in other words I'm an experienced noob. My question is this, I have a 6/2 Cleric/Fighter and was looking at some armor because I really don't need the constitution prefix on mine anymore and saw some with Radiance +50 which of course is for light and alignment spell power, and was wondering if it would be worth getting since U mostly solo and use the cleric spells to heal myself and summon a little pet for distraction help sometimes. Would the bonus to alignment spells help with like, better healing or anything? Or any other useful thing for me? Thanks for any help in advance.

No.

To help you make healing spells more powerful you need items with devotion on them.

Community Member

What about the other cleric spell such as protection from evil and Bull strength etc?

Community Member

Light and alignment spell power affects all those light spells, like Searing Light, Nimbus of Light, Sunbeam. It's a damage boost to those spells, the same way fire spell power increases the damage of fire spells.

If you want better healing, what you need is positive spell power, that increases positive energy spells, like cure light wounds and Heal.

A good trait you also might want to find is healing amplification. That's another way to increase the healing you receive, and it'll even work on the heals you get from your other party members (or hirelings)

Spells that don't roll numbers as they're cast generally don't benefit from spell power. Bull's Strength, Protection from Evil, Resist Energy, all of those have fixed effects based on your caster level.

Community Member

Ahh, thanks for the explanation, I really appreciate it. As long as I've been playing I never bothered to learn all this stuff. lol

All the above comments are good advice - devotion to help healing.

One thing no one has mentioned is divine punishment. You will find this spell a big boost to your dps particularly on bosses. You cast it and it will tick on the opponent every 2 seconds for eight ticks, whilst you are doing melee damage.

So long as you cast it again within the time it is active you will add a second stack doing double damage and extend it for another 8 ticks. You can do this up to 3 stacks and then maintain by recasting.

Divine punishment does work off radiance spell power and lore. There is no save so your DC's don't matter. It is a level 5 spell (available at cleric level 9). You may want to quicken it, can be a relatively expensive spell if maxxed and emp'ed and you don't want to lose all the stacks due to an interrupted spell (though this is ess of an issue with changes to concentration)

A great addition for bringing down those rednames.