Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I will take a look at golems' logic. They should not blow up prototypes while crowd controlled or dead. That's messed up.
    while you're in there, would you mind bumping the hitpoints or durability or whatever of the prototypes a tad? on ee those things are broken in 1 to 2 hits by the golems. that may be what you want but it makes that room with 2 golems in it really tough to do.
    Server: Sarlona. Characters: Rackoribs Barbequed, Brautwurst Flamegrilled, Porkloin Flameseared

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zafaron View Post
    I've actually killed some of these golems almost as soon as they started to move and had their corpse slide on the floor to the devices and still use their sonic thing while they were dead. Seems to be at least one instance where they will complete their script without interruption no matter what. Probably just need to tidy up the logic somewhere I'm guessing.

Yeah.. have to confirm this.. also stomped a golem with a 1 shot, and had them do their sonic blast after they're dead... but the blast still destroys the prototype on the other side of the room.. I've found the best way to get the prototypes is to sneak in and grab it first, then jump out of hiding and kill the Death Star Interrogation Droid and then the Golem.

My biggest gripe is 4 times out of 5 I'm running this quest solo, a critter somewhere is spawned in a wall and cant come out, so you cant kill it, so the Wraith generation doesn't happen with the 'Wil Wheaton' sounding 'Vauuuuuuunnnt', and you can't complete.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by LargoKeyWest View Post
    Yeah.. have to confirm this.. also stomped a golem with a 1 shot, and had them do their sonic blast after they're dead... but the blast still destroys the prototype on the other side of the room.. I've found the best way to get the prototypes is to sneak in and grab it first, then jump out of hiding and kill the Death Star Interrogation Droid and then the Golem.

My biggest gripe is 4 times out of 5 I'm running this quest solo, a critter somewhere is spawned in a wall and cant come out, so you cant kill it, so the Wraith generation doesn't happen with the 'Wil Wheaton' sounding 'Vauuuuuuunnnt', and you can't complete.
    Just had both of these things happen to me 10 minutes ago. Very aggravating. (the mob stuck in wall so quest can't complete more so.)

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Fixed the bug with posthumous vandalism. The golems should no longer explode prototypes after they fall down. Coming to you in a future bugfix release.

As to poor direction of the quest, well, that conversation is funny to me. Because when the directions are clear, folks complain about being railroaded, because the quest is too linear. Sort it out among yourselves.
    Amongst*

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Quote Originally Posted by Saaluta View Post
    Amongst*

Saal
    'Tween you'uns*

'Twixt yerselves*
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

I find using moves that effect the aggro table such as baiting bite will interrupt them and make them attack u instead. called shot probably has the same effect.

If u are set up and fast with it u can use the attack bird to trip one then trip the other with takedown,trip, comet fall, etc. and hope u got them in time to kill them or pull them away

Community Member

I just had the bug where the Forgewraiths never spawn. I didn't get a single one downstairs in the lab, none on the walk up to Victor, and none while next to Victor. I didn't even get the DM text that said "Vaunt, Vaunt". I spent 15 minutes re-walking every square inch of that map, and still nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by niknight View Post
    I just had the bug where the Forgewraiths never spawn. I didn't get a single one downstairs in the lab, none on the walk up to Victor, and none while next to Victor. I didn't even get the DM text that said "Vaunt, Vaunt". I spent 15 minutes re-walking every square inch of that map, and still nothing.
    This bug is relatively frequent. I've had it twice in about 40 runs. But I have no idea what triggers it. All the monsters and npcs were dead, the entire map was explored and clean, but the last wave of forgewraiths never appeared.
    Last edited by Iriale; 07-01-2019 at 07:01 AM.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    This bug is relatively frequent. I've had it twice in about 40 runs. But I have no idea what triggers it. All the monsters and npcs were dead, the entire map was explored and clean, but the last wave of forgewraiths never appeared.
    I thought I fixed this already. ****.

The best dev reaction.

I had this happen on an at level heroic elite about two weeks ago. I was so frustrated to have gotten so far in the quest then be stymied by something over which I had no control that I quit playing for the night. I only had about 15 minutes till I needed to log off and make dinner anyway but I didn't feel ...excited to log back in after dinner to repeat it again.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Even better, I assasinated a construct before he even started moving, went to kill the arcane caster ball of pain , all of a sudden the "construct breaks the vaunt prottype" sonic boomy effect goes off and forgewraith pops up. Like the dude was dead a solid 6 seconds, and his break the thing spawn forgewraith still went off.
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    I managed to replicate this bug by killing the waves too fast for the DM commentary to follow. Imagined him saying (out of character) "Eh, screw you guys, if you aren't interested in what I want to say and just rush ahead, then no final wave for you! I'm out for a beer."
    When I carefully wait for him to finish after each wave before attacking/killing the next one, forgewraiths always spawn.

But I wouldn't be surprised if a well-timed lag spike could also cause this.

Maybe Victor could have some kind of conversation based safety trigger to start the next waves in case of getting stuck?
    + Cannith +
    + Csodaszarvas +
    + MCMLXXXVI + Ezredes + Giliszta + Halacska +

My problem is that you cannot backspace to target the prototype on most of them to interact with them and collect them before the golems smash them. Additionally when just manual clicking on them to target for interaction that sometimes does not work as well. Just ridiculous.

Lastly when running this on high skull legendary (8 skulls), all the golems smashed the prototypes before we opened the first door and all the wraiths then phased through the doors and came at us after we opened the first door resulting in everything else going aggressive then opening the door's to their rooms and bum rushing us. Was awful.

Community Member

I've run this quest 50+ times by now, and I'm experiencing this bug around half the time.

Community Member

Since the last patch this has been happening to me 100% of the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12