Thread: Mass Frog

Community Member

Default Mass Frog

When you run in a group of 6 and 5 use mass frog, what is that 6th doing??? Why doesn't he have mass frog! The fighter, warlock, druid, cleric, and monk all have it and using it! Why not the ranger. What is he thinking not picking up mass frog now a days!

Bounty Hunter

I use mass frog on my warlock but let me assure you it rarely works in the content I run. The only reason I slot it is that it's effective on a very small percentage of mobs (mostly constructs and undead). It doesn't work on all undead and constructs just some. My dc is shown in the build in my sig and it's nothing to be proud of, but there isn't much else to take with the level 28 feat for a warlock so finding a spell that works on some constructs and undead is not a bad use of a feat slot. If you think I am running through quests mass frogging my way to victory you don't understand how it's being used.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Mass frog dc is based on WIS, and most rangers only get enough WIS to cast their spells. I can understand the monk, cleric, and druid having it. I also have it on my warlock, and can get it about 75% of the time in r7+ so can understand the warlock using it as well, the fighter must be one of those strange builds with a decent enough WIS to get a few hits on it. I'm sure the ranger has a feat such as doubleshot/doublstrike that are more germaine to their build than frog which might be totally useless to them, that person also could be still working on their EPLs and cannot get it yet.

Saal

It is also possible the ranger does not know the value of mass frog...I didn't until just a few months ago and I have had my EPLs done for quite a while
    Last edited by Saaluta; 06-14-2019 at 11:32 PM.
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Quote Originally Posted by Zeleron View Post
    When you run in a group of 6 and 5 use mass frog, what is that 6th doing??? Why doesn't he have mass frog! The fighter, warlock, druid, cleric, and monk all have it and using it! Why not the ranger. What is he thinking not picking up mass frog now a days!
    He doesn't know better. Honestly I will freely admit that although I knew of "it" I didn't consider it simply because I liked other things instead (you know, play the game to have fun, not to min/max).

That being said, <deleted>

So that is why players are using Mass Frog. You can choose to also or you can do what the rest of us have chosen to do. It's up to you.

-Abyssal
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Community Member

Why doesn't my drood wolf not use Mass Frog? Two words - Dire Charge!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thedip View Post
    Why doesn't my drood wolf not use Mass Frog? Two words - Dire Charge!
    Except you can actually have both. My ranger does.
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.
    Thelanis - Striving to be your Swiss Army Knife for DPS, traps and tanking
    Eushully/Centered LS Tempest | Nantekottai/Arti tank | Ponoka - Inquis

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by askrj1 View Post
    Except you can actually have both. My ranger does.
    I like Elusive Target too much to not take it at lvl28.

Community Member

Casters take mass frog because other lvl 28 feat are meh (hellball??? Bleah!)

Melee and ranger have other to choose except if wisdom based, so u can go wisdom based with your ranger and take mass frog
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    GODS

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thedip View Post
    I like Elusive Target too much to not take it at lvl28.
    I find elusive target too unreliable to count on for reduction. Frogs also do no damage if you know what to target... but preferences I guess.
    Very much like my favourite weapon, the quarterstaff, I am a blunt instrument, as are my words.
    Thelanis - Striving to be your Swiss Army Knife for DPS, traps and tanking
    Eushully/Centered LS Tempest | Nantekottai/Arti tank | Ponoka - Inquis

Until the release of the falconry tree rangers had to invest heavily in dexterity. I'm in the process now of picking up racial WIS lives to power frog. I'll be a mass frogging assasi-owler when I'm done.
    What do you mean a -6 armor class is no good anymore?

Baldric, Mulray, Tirimon, Clant, Melkazar, Dorakeen, Blastium
    Member of the Silver Legion on Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Melkazar View Post
    Until the release of the falconry tree rangers had to invest heavily in dexterity. I'm in the process now of picking up racial WIS lives to power frog. I'll be a mass frogging assasi-owler when I'm done.
    Yeah, I think it is on their radar of things to change. I give it a two years tops.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

With 19 Wis and no transmutation gear my tank can land Mass Frog a good percentage (80%?) of the time on skeles & scarecrows in LN raids. On LH+ it's a lot more hit-and-miss.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

I've been away from the game for a while... You're being ironic... right?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by st0rmcr0vv View Post
    I've been away from the game for a while... You're being ironic... right?
    Yes, yes I was.