Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Yeah stat damage is one of the toughest mechanics since there's no defense against it except spamming Restoration pots, or similar pots, none of which are vendor-sold. Maybe you could scroll it now at least with the change to Concentration, but then that's a lot slower if you're waiting for Helpless to wear off and trying to squeeze it in before you get CHA damaged again. And DD is super cheesy about attacking your CHA, which is a dump stat for a lot of builds. Is there even a save associated with their CHA-damage attack?

That all being said, the DD final boss is a purple name, so I feel at least thats the devs acknowledging its an abnormally difficult fight.
    I ended up using a gold seal FvS hire the one time I ran DD (solo). If I'd known in advance it would have been doable, but literally I was just chilling at the boss fight able to do one action every time my stat came above 0 before it went right back down. A little dumb IMO lol. Was fine after I got a hireling, but I got my item so doubt I'll be running it again anytime soon.

According to the Wiki Ego Whip is a Will save for 1/2 damage, fairly consistent with D&D 3.5's Ego Whip aside from the scaling and missing the daze on failed save
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

The issue with these encounters is that they require players to do more than mindlessly beat on the boss to collect their XP. In this sense, these encounters certainly deviate from the norm, but in a productive fashion. I wish more end fights were like Toxic Treatment, for example, where you have to prioritize trash, utilize otherwise unused CC, and use the WASD keys to move your character out of danger. Shocking, I know.

For quests with more mindless, uninteractive end fights, please refer to the other 99.9% of the content this game offers.
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    Level 17 reaver's refuged killing 30's? Huh?
    A soul of cruelty fire elemental will wipe just about any party if they don't realize it is there until they have half dozen stacks or so. Those things are bugged all the way to Sunday. Aura of flame which has no save ticks up the stacks very very rapidly. And then if you manage to kill the source champ, only one damage type will vanish -assuming you survive it long enough for it to tick to 0. The poison stack is completely bugged and is not removed until every single stack counts down.
    Put two souls of cruelty in the end fight, and you might as well just lay down and give up.

Quote Originally Posted by bracelet View Post
    A soul of cruelty fire elemental will wipe just about any party if they don't realize it is there until they have half dozen stacks or so. Those things are bugged all the way to Sunday. Aura of flame which has no save ticks up the stacks very very rapidly. And then if you manage to kill the source champ, only one damage type will vanish -assuming you survive it long enough for it to tick to 0. The poison stack is completely bugged and is not removed until every single stack counts down.
    Put two souls of cruelty in the end fight, and you might as well just lay down and give up.
    Had a dual plague and 3 soul of cruelty fire ele spawn a few lives ago. It was close. But this is possible with many many encounters. Yeah the fight requires you to pay attention and use tactics. Doesn’t need a nerf.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

Quote Originally Posted by mistress_minx View Post
    How so ?
    You DD, there will be at least three shrines on your way back. Rest up. Go back down, all the Hezru teleport out, only the dretches and the goristro stay inside the barrier. Kill them, go back in and when you get hurt/down on sp again, repeat DD as necessary. She also can't raise her invulnerability shields back up so if you want you can keep attacking her. Lastly, if you use the hireling to put the ddoor up, it'll stay up forever. This might be related to the hireling dying, not sure.
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, big fat purple wolf (because no need to be a bear with the new epic defensive fighting feat-getting past lives of druid and pdk so my artificer is better <3)

Community Member

I don't think any of these need a nerf. As long as you are able to reach a shrine, I think it's fine to have an encounter be extra challenging.
    Graceana, assassin ~ Xiya, tempest ~ Shinshi, shintao ~ Ayaxi, thief-acrobat ~ Saravi, cleric ~ Sanziana, arcane archer ~ Kyudojin, mechanic
    Talvi, caster druid ~ Zinzie, shiradi sorc ~ Kishori, spellsinger ~ Faunia, wolf druid ~ Viven, warchanter ~ Jianqiao, ninja spy
    Cliodna, wizard ~ Serenwyn, swashbuckler ~ Duisteri, shuribuild ~ Mahuika, warlock ~ Narabali, tank ~ Tabbithah, artificer
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    Honestly, I am glad to say I will save money and save it for my kid... at least Legos do not change overnight so that the pieces don't fit together anymore..

These are all excellent ideas, and thoughtful advice. I appreciate the replies from each and every one of you, and will let you know if I can try and implement some of the suggestions and survive

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    Lastly, if you use the hireling to put the ddoor up, it'll stay up forever. This might be related to the hireling dying, not sure.
    Mikayl's ddoors are permanent, alive or dead.

He gets to cast 3, so you could place more than one in that final chamber to be super convenient.

Community Member

There are two quests which I think need some serious tweaking, as they seem to be 20 times harder than the rest of the quests in their entirety.

1) is TOEE Pt 2 end fight. Come on !!! It is stupid hard to complete, even with a full party
    ToEE part 2 requires strategy to complete. You should know the fight mechanic, so read up on it on the wiki. Basically:

(1) Kill any mushrooms that spawn fast or the debuff will stack and kill you. Your healers will not be able to help you
    (2) Have more than one person who can raise or else if your healer dies that's a wipe
    (3) Keep an eye for that sheltering mushroom and fight near it
    (4) Always clean out the trash or you will be overwhelmed
    (5) The boss can put on the DoTs on characters quickly, beat her up fast or else....

Knockdown immunity is a big help here so a druid with the enhancement "Four Legs Good" (Tier 4, Nature's Warrior tree) is always helpful to have. If you TRd and have a Greater Harper Pin from your past life, that is also extremely helpful in getting you up from the ground and back up and running to the shroom. Also, speed buffs help in getting you there as well.

This is probably the hardest fight of all the level 7 quests out there and, as others have mentioned, it is more like a mini raid. You can't really compare it to others, but it IS worth doing at least once if you like the challenge.

Memory Lapse. That can get ugly in a party without the right combo of tactics in reaper which is the setting you want with all those named helms

BTW devs the best quests do not have end fights. Think about it.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer), Saelegion (parked level 4 soon)

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Yeah stat damage is one of the toughest mechanics since there's no defense against it except spamming Restoration pots, or similar pots, none of which are vendor-sold. Maybe you could scroll it now at least with the change to Concentration, but then that's a lot slower if you're waiting for Helpless to wear off and trying to squeeze it in before you get CHA damaged again. ...
    House K guild potion vendors sell lesser resto pots for sure. I think they also do scrolls and wands. They don't clear up everything for sure but they'll do until you can scroll heal.

There are two quests which I think need some serious tweaking, as they seem to be 20 times harder than the rest of the quests in their entirety.

1) is TOEE Pt 2 end fight. Come on !!! It is stupid hard to complete, even with a full party

2) is Toxic Treatment. Same opinion as above.
    Hmm. Both of those aren't too bad to do solo on a first life character if it's built for solo'ing (solo'd both @ level HE & EE 1st life 1st char). IMHO, those two are very nice fun fights, but a group can make it worse -- particularly Toxic. I didn't die on that until I went with a group and foolish people ignored adds. Toxic in particular will punish a boss-focus. Kill every single add FIRST. Focus the dangerous things before the fluff and all will go well on both those fights. For ToEE, make a mental note of the safe mushroom, too. That way you can do a leisurely jog to it at the time rather than frantically running about wondering where it is.

IMHO, the "quest design failures" are more along the lines of time spent pre-boss than in the boss fight. ToEE takes 20m to reach the boss in a non-stop run (literally no stopping, just running). Double that if you need to fight. 80m+ for first timers without a guide. Slave Lords, though, is the worst. It takes my bard 3H (really) to complete a single part on LE. That's 9H total. Bring a group? Heh, LOVE to, so glad you volunteered to help farm it! Wait, where'd you go? Come back? Please?

I'd hold up the sharn quests as pretty close to ideal in length. They're very well done. First runs feel solid and not too long. Veteran runs can be rushed fast (sometimes VERY fast) once you know the tricks. Ravenloft is similarly nice. When you get to those, ideally don't rush them. They're pretty cool to explore first time (and yeah, some end-fights have an army of adds to deal with).

Enter the Kobold is a very easy quest, until the end fight, absolute nightmare on reaper.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123