Default Returning-yet-new Player LF Build/respec advice

Hi! So I'm a returning player, but I've only ever made it to level 6 before. I was following a build from ages ago, but a lot of things have changed (Enhancements, massively, for one; and apparently there are Deity feats now and I can't take one?)

Anyway, I've been back for a few days now contemplating whether I should respec or reroll. I realize the latter might be more sensible at my level, but I'd rather keep pushing forward than start over. I've got a Lesser Heart of Wood (as well as a +20 Lesser Heart. I guess they're complimentary?) so I'm not too fussed about wasting DDO points or anything, that's not an issue.

I don't really know how reincarnation works, though. How much does lesser reincarnation let me change? I know I can't change my class without using a +x heart of wood, but I don't really want to anyway. I'm currently level 6, 5/1 Paladin/Rogue, so I realize that limits things somewhat. I'm also built for TWF (which I kind of regret, since I'd need a dexterity tome to qualify for Imp. TWF feats). Does lesser reincarnation let me redo my attributes? I was thinking I might swap to THF, or S&B.

Since I can't change my classes, and I kind of like the rogue dip anyway with how much I play solo, I was hoping to find an up to date 18/2 build, possibly beyond. I don't think I have access to beyond level 20 yet, iirc, but planning ahead can only help.

With LR you cannot change the following:

Race

Class can be changed with "+" hearts.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Lesser_Reincarnation
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Thanks! So I can retool the character to change Fighting Styles!

Out of curiosity, what exactly do I lose out on by multi-classing? I don't know a whole lot about higher level DDO, and I know even less about that in the current game.
    I don't have a build in mind, but would a S&B Bastard Sword Paladin with a 2 Rogue dip for traps, locks, and Evasion work fine? How about a THF of the same class breakdown? I don't want to multi-class heavily due to the impact on Spell Progression, but I just don't know what I'm even missing out on for not staying pure Paladin. Not that that's an option at the moment short of making a new character, but all of the builds I've browsed seem to be pure or multi-class more heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoril_Shenanigans View Post
    Thanks! So I can retool the character to change Fighting Styles!

Out of curiosity, what exactly do I lose out on by multi-classing? I don't know a whole lot about higher level DDO, and I know even less about that in the current game.
    I don't have a build in mind, but would a S&B Bastard Sword Paladin with a 2 Rogue dip for traps, locks, and Evasion work fine? How about a THF of the same class breakdown? I don't want to multi-class heavily due to the impact on Spell Progression, but I just don't know what I'm even missing out on for not staying pure Paladin. Not that that's an option at the moment short of making a new character, but all of the builds I've browsed seem to be pure or multi-class more heavily.
    A lot depends on the difficulty you want to play (reaper, elite, hard, normal) but if you are not going into epics, staying pure is less important, since the "main" thing you miss out on is the capstone enhancement for your primary tree, which requires class L20. If you don't plan on doing epics, whatever you get at L20 is almost irrelevant since you will TR as soon as you get enough tokens of the twelve to do so.

So for a Vanguard Paladin you would miss out on:

Shield Champion - While shield is equipped: +2 attack, +2 damage, +5% doublestrike, +1(W) to your shield, an additional +5% (total 20%) Combat Style bonus to Melee Attack Speed, and shield bash stuns 10% of the time DC (10 + 1/2 Character lvl + strength modifier + stun bonus).

So just look at the last core enhancement (the one that requires class L20 and 40 AP spent) to see what you miss by splashing 1-2 levels of something else. If you take 3 levels of something else, you would miss out on the L18 (5th) core, etc.
    Last edited by Fedora1; 06-14-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.