Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Spending 18 AP for 6 more NHB boosts is a DPS loss. Losing Assassin's Trick means you're not getting SA dmg against SA immune mobs like the THTH boss, and the group/raid is losing 25% fortification bypass. Likewise losing Ooze Flask is a net DPS loss for the entire group/raid against a boss. In both cases, you're also losing SA dice from enhancements you can no longer take.

While it's fun to skew builds for Lam kobold testing times, you've got to think about how you're improving the overall DPS of the group/raid in ways that other archetypes are not. While Shattered Device 4pc can be used by anyone, it works best in this build. Combined with Ooze Flask, Ash and Assassin's Trick, you're bringing great debuffs to a group/raid.

You could go Dragonborn instead of Halfling if you really want +3 boosts. 18 Fighter/2 Artificer would also net you your boosts. While it's good DPS, Lam kobold testing demonstrates it lags behind a rogue-based build. It's primary benefit is wearing heavy armor so you can boost your MRR past the 100 MRR cap on light armor that the rogue version is limited by. Right now that only matters if you're pushing THTH difficulty, and anyone doing so would be bringing a wolf over an Inquisitive.

Halfling 15 Rogue/4 Artificer/1 Barbarian is my preferred Inquisitive build. With enhancements you can either go 10% run speed with 10 RP, or 26.5% run speed with +2 SA dice.
    I've been getting mixed results with shattered device for peace using a ranged weapon. Every so often I feel like it just does not work.

I definitely agree that D Buffs for a group and a raid scenario is a very important part to play. I also think the high rates of fire with Shiradi Nerve Venom and legendary ice weapons and the knockdown from either great crossbow or light/heavy
    crossbow ability very important for crowd control even in mid-to-high Reaper contact

As far as "highest dps" goes, I would think that there are a few key components: RP, DS, RoF, debuffs, and of course all sources of damage
    Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    I've been getting mixed results with shattered device for peace using a ranged weapon. Every so often I feel like it just does not work.
    It's fixed on Lamannia.
    Kobeyashi | Ying

For filigrees I am thinking something like this:
    4 Crackshot Negotiator
    • Crackshot Negotiator: Ranged Power (Rare)
    • Crackshot Negotiator: Attack and Damage (Rare)
    • Crackshot Negotiator: Reflex (Rare)
    • Crackshot Negotiator: Charisma (Rare)

2 Deadly Rain
    • Deadly Rain: Ranged Power (Rare)
    • Deadly Rain: Attack and Damage (Rare)

2 The Long Shadow
    • The Long Shadow: Ranged Power (Rare)
    • The Long Shadow: Attack and Damage (Rare)

3 Shattered Device
    • Shattered Device: Ranged Power (Rare)
    • Shattered Device: Attack and Damage (Rare)
    • Shattered Device: Armor Piercing (Rare)

11 slots
    40 Ranged Power
    8 Doubleshot
    Last edited by FURYous; 08-01-2019 at 09:14 AM.
    Choler 30 Brd 5PLs | Enmity 30 Clr | Exasperate 30 Sor | Ferocity 30Pal 13PLs | Furyous 30Inq Heroic/Epic Completionist 82PLs | Hiddin 20Mnk 2PL | Infuryated 30War 6PL | Retributive 20Dru 2PL | Vehemence 30Rog Completionist 35PLs | Vehement 10Pal 3Mnk 1Rog | Vexate 30Wiz Heroic/Epic Completionist 49PLs | Violence 30Clr Heroic/Epic/Racial Completionist 94PLs

Quote Originally Posted by FURYous View Post
    For filigrees I am thinking something like this:
    4 Crackshot Negotiator
    • Crackshot Negotiator: Ranged Power (Rare)
    • Crackshot Negotiator: Attack and Damage (Rare)
    • Crackshot Negotiator: Reflex (Rare)
    • Crackshot Negotiator: Charisma (Rare)

2 Deadly Rain
    • Deadly Rain: Ranged Power (Rare)
    • Deadly Rain: Attack and Damage (Rare)

2 The Long Shadow
    • The Long Shadow: Ranged Power (Rare)
    • The Long Shadow: Attack and Damage (Rare)

3 Shattered Device
    • Shattered Device: Ranged Power (Rare)
    • Shattered Device: Attack and Damage (Rare)
    • Shattered Device: Armor Piercing (Rare)

11 slots
    40 Ranged Power
    8 Doubleshot
    just saying, in your 1st post there's some RP from manticore set

the rest of the thread has some interesting info, gj
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    just saying, in your 1st post there's some RP from manticore set

the rest of the thread has some interesting info, gj
    It's a juggle to find the best combination for 11 slots. My guy is level 26 right now so haven't paid a lot of attention to that part of the build for now. I will try a few different combinations when I hit 28 - 30.
    Choler 30 Brd 5PLs | Enmity 30 Clr | Exasperate 30 Sor | Ferocity 30Pal 13PLs | Furyous 30Inq Heroic/Epic Completionist 82PLs | Hiddin 20Mnk 2PL | Infuryated 30War 6PL | Retributive 20Dru 2PL | Vehemence 30Rog Completionist 35PLs | Vehement 10Pal 3Mnk 1Rog | Vexate 30Wiz Heroic/Epic Completionist 49PLs | Violence 30Clr Heroic/Epic/Racial Completionist 94PLs

Quote Originally Posted by FURYous View Post
    It's a juggle to find the best combination for 11 slots. My guy is level 26 right now so haven't paid a lot of attention to that part of the build for now. I will try a few different combinations when I hit 28 - 30.
    seeing shattered device 4 pc... i was thinking about drop dead rain or long shot to 1 piece (cause increasing the other sets 1 piece didn't show anything that u could say it's awesome) or dropping crackshot to 3 pc but maybe losing 5 ds is way too much (IIRC doubleshot doesn't really cap, u can shoot thrice but... was only with some skills like manyshot and 10k stars or always?XD)

u also can go weirdo and do 4 crackshot 4 shattered and 3 long shadow for the acid damage XD may be low but given the insane RoF that could became somehow a source of damage (it's 14d6 acid per shot afterall and would be better than a 3 pc deadly rain that gives only 2 damage which even scaled by RP will be maybe low), that part is tricky cause u're already losing 5 rp for the 2 pc set and would lose another 5 from the rare filigree itself

and lastly, we can beg lynnabel for a new rare double filigree that is part of deadly rain and long shadow XD
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Member

What adjustments to enhancements would be recommended if no racial PL points? (And if the cut is on the half long points, should a deep gnome be considered instead?).

I’m looking for a a second life build light on PL, to sit at 30 for high DPS for raids. (To have a raid guy while I TR my main a bunch of times).

Community Member

Default Seeker?

Am I missing something here? I don't see any seeker on the gear?

Community Member

Seeker is kinda to hard to fit into Inquisitive gear, though Project Nemesis and U43 gear might help.
    I am using Epic Ring of the Stalker.

Quote Originally Posted by CritacleFailure View Post
    Am I missing something here? I don't see any seeker on the gear?
    Before I got the Helm of the Final Watcher, I Cannith crafted seeker and insightful seeker on boots.
    Kobeyashi | Ying

~ Has anyone run numbers on Arborea vs Ethereal plane? In the past Ethereal plane pulled ahead.
    ~ Better KTA uptime is worth more than fletching IMO. Then spend the last few points on RP in harper. You lose 5RP or something for making the buff less annoying. I hate buffs and swaps. They end up losing dps when you take the time to do em.

~ Mists set is nice, but not flexible. Swapping to spell absorb will lose you the set. IMO running spell absorb permanently can be a pretty big defensive layer.
    ~ Armor piercing is missing in gear and you would benefit from it in some cases, e.x., where there are multiple enemies with fort and you can't ass trick em'. If 20% of your damage is in crits then the 28% armor piercing from a slave lords piece is 5% more damage on relevant targets.
    Currently @ 75%:
    25% precision
    25% wallwatch set
    10% rogue feat
    5% ship buff
    5% filigree
    25% Assassin's trick (Have to click it though)
    -> Equipping Tira's Splendor (rune arm) would net you 40 more healing amp, but break mists.
    -> A slave lords piece over one of the redundant Mists items would make swaps less painful.

~ I agree with the various comments about runspeed BEING defense, but I think the rogue runspeed from TA is enough.
    ~ I agree with Carpone that Seeker/InsSeeker on boots (maybe with sheltering for MRR) is a great piece.
    You can run level cap quests for epic xp, but you can't run non-level cap quests for RXP when you're capped.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, pre-sharn sorc, Ghallanda

did the recent ed changes make you change from ld to sharadi?

Im playing in sharadi right now and loving it
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Without Sharn raid gear:

This is what I'm wearing on my Halfling 15 Rogue/4 Artificer/1 Barbarian.

No need to swap items for KtA. I only have 6 AP in Harper and mana is not a problem keeping KtA up. Rest of my enhancements are 16 Halfling, 41 Inquisitive, 16 Mechanic (Ooze Flask), 11 Assassin, 3 TA. Drop Halfling enhancements if you aren't a racial completionist. I prefer the 26% run speed from TA + Barb. YMMV.

I don't like Ethereal on non-DEX toons. I prefer Arborea for Shade Gone Wild numbers.

Tira's Splendor is a pretty good choice for the heal amp. Hadn't considered it. 2pc LGS is a 450 HP swing with the unconscious range. Not needed if you have reaper wings.

I prefer Shiradi. Shadowdancer can work too for IPS Executioner's Shot and big SA numbers, and Dark Imbuement works on nearly everything. It warrants a different gear setup to include Ring of the Silver Tongue.
    Kobeyashi | Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Without Sharn raid gear:
    Pretty much what I have for my end game set. However, I'm going with the Shadowhail cloak, castigators, a sl belt, and a couple Cannith crafted pieces. Sorry about the formatting, just wrote this up quick and didn't bother porting to spreadsheet:

I also thought about using tiras splendor on swap, but mainly using the dumpster fire for the double attribute damage.
    Argonesson: Taliimara

I heard gnomes and deep gnomes' IPS is messed up because the bolts shoot out above their heads instead the sides like for other races. Is this still the case, making Halflings the best Inquisitive race so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Komradkillingmachine View Post
    I heard gnomes and deep gnomes' IPS is messed up because the bolts shoot out above their heads instead the sides like for other races. Is this still the case, making Halflings the best Inquisitive race so far?
    I've heard the same but haven't tested to confirm.

I don't like gnome/deep gnome racial enhancements since Hallowed Splinters doesn't benefit from Gnomish Weapon Training. The -2 hit, -2 dmg from going Halfling due to DEX instead of INT is more than made up for with the 3 SA dice in the tree.
    Kobeyashi | Ying

Community Member

I heard about this a few days ago (since I’m planning on rolling an inquisitive I’ve been doing some reading and research). I’ve been paying attention on quests and, at leaver visually, the animation on gnomes definitely shows the bolts coming out from above their head (about same height as a regular sized class). Now, does the animation match the actual path or is it just a visual thing? I don’t know how that works.

Myself I’m not sure what race to go, as it’s a new guy with no racial past lives and thus won’t be able to take much in the order of racial points.

As far as gear, so you guys think trying to fit in both sharn set and mists doesn’t provide enough benefit?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Run Speed is awesome for survivability and aggro management. If you have higher run speed, you can kite (in a circle) and not die. If you're an Inqusitive, you don't even lose DPS while kiting.

And for aggro management - just get all the aggro and run backwards. You'll kill things just as fast and you won't be taking hits.

Run speed is great.
    More run speed = more survivability
    AND more run speed = more DPS because you don't do any damage to enemies after you've killed everything around you until you get to the next enemy that you can kill.
    Yeah, just stack run speed and run backwards bro. Ah, the high tactics of DDO in 2019.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RS-Makk View Post

As far as gear, so you guys think trying to fit in both sharn set and mists doesn’t provide enough benefit?
    I am curious about this as well.

Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

Anyone work in the new balance cloak and or spectre boots into the wallwatcher set yet? Been eyeballing your gear choices for a dusted off pre reaper pre racial character.
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReductionShillelahFhalhaena
    Pimpin toons since 2006

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast