Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Slavers Crafting Problem.

Greetings,

It happened again, or rather maybe it hasn't actually been fixed yet. But this is really, really frustrating.

When you go to the gem vendor in the Slavers Stockade, and you look at the items, the vendor lists their bonuses as Enhancement bonuses. For example, when you've finally, at long last, collected 400 broken chains, and you're ready to get the second gem for your item, and then you check your Sharn ring for it's bonus type (HOLY **** COMPETENCE, THEY STACK), you think "man I got this made". So you buy the gem, and then upgrade the item...

And it's a competence bonus.

But that's NOT WHAT THE GUY SAYS. Lynnabel said he was going to fix this when I pointed this out about the bonus attached the to the Spell Focus gem, but clearly this fix hasn't happened yet.

Please a) Replace my chains. and b) Fix this language on all the tooltips at the vendor, so they accurately reflect exactly the type of bonus associated with each individual gem.

Thank you.

Community Member

You seem to be mistaken.

Slavelords items mainstats have always been enhancement or quality bonuses as they are listed, Sharn gear is also an enhancement bonus.

You can test this easily by equiping a lootgen (enhancement) stat item together with your slavelords item and see that they do not stack.

Neither sharn nor slavelords are competence bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Montegue View Post
    Greetings,

It happened again, or rather maybe it hasn't actually been fixed yet. But this is really, really frustrating.

When you go to the gem vendor in the Slavers Stockade, and you look at the items, the vendor lists their bonuses as Enhancement bonuses. For example, when you've finally, at long last, collected 400 broken chains, and you're ready to get the second gem for your item, and then you check your Sharn ring for it's bonus type (HOLY **** COMPETENCE, THEY STACK), you think "man I got this made". So you buy the gem, and then upgrade the item...

And it's a competence bonus.

But that's NOT WHAT THE GUY SAYS. Lynnabel said he was going to fix this when I pointed this out about the bonus attached the to the Spell Focus gem, but clearly this fix hasn't happened yet.

Please a) Replace my chains. and b) Fix this language on all the tooltips at the vendor, so they accurately reflect exactly the type of bonus associated with each individual gem.

Thank you.
    Now imagine having to farm and reform many many sets of this. The reason we all love and hate slavers, it does need changes.

Slavers crafting should be about 10x easier by now. It's still a huge pain to make even 1 item, it completely sucks.

Please just increase the drop rate and/or decrease the mats required like in heroics. By a large amount.

You made sharn crafting a joke now, please do the same for slavers. Farming sharn is much more fun than slavers, yet you make us run slavers 10x more then sharn. Sigh.

Yes, off topic slightly, sorry

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlavoredSoul View Post
    You seem to be mistaken.

Slavelords items mainstats have always been enhancement or quality bonuses as they are listed, Sharn gear is also an enhancement bonus.

You can test this easily by equiping a lootgen (enhancement) stat item together with your slavelords item and see that they do not stack.

Neither sharn nor slavelords are competence bonuses.
    Tool tips says Competence once the gem is slotted. This is true for both items. So, when I look at my Ruby Ring, and it's a +33 Competence bonus to hit, and then I look at the augment gem in the Slaver's interface and it says Enhancement, it is supposed to stack. So, I spend 400 chains, and then look at my slotted item and it's a Competence bonus...

Huge amount of completely wasted time, and it's not OK.

Tool tips says Competence once the gem is slotted. This is true for both items. So, when I look at my Ruby Ring, and it's a +33 Competence bonus to hit, and then I look at the augment gem in the Slaver's interface and it says Enhancement, it is supposed to stack. So, I spend 400 chains, and then look at my slotted item and it's a Competence bonus...

Huge amount of completely wasted time, and it's not OK.
    As slave lords crafting was released in September 2016 I would have thought that by now you would know what bonuses you get
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 36, 80. Ozzbad 35, 36, 13, 34, 68. Ozzugly 40, 36, 19, 36, 98. EvilOzz 33, 36, 6, 12, 34. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial
    Reaper Points

Community Member

Lynnabel said he was going to fix this when I pointed this out about the bonus attached the to the Spell Focus gem, but clearly this fix hasn't happened yet.
    So in other words...you KNEW there was an issue with the bonus types displaying improperly, but you went ahead and got it anyway, and now you're complaining that the bonus type didnt display properly...

Also Lynnabel is a girl, I'm pretty sure...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Or a woman even.

I'd love to see a way to remove effects from Slaver items, or disjunct reaper blanks of effects so they could be reused, and/or crafting costs be reduced. Slavers is an important crafting system for filling in gearing gaps at below BiS effect values now and likely to stay that way for a while still.

So put me down, again, for some improvements to be made in this area.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Or a woman even.
    Or a chick, a dudette, a member of the fairer sex. Dont be a lexicon tyrant.

Community Member

Or a chick, a dudette, a member of the fairer sex. Dont be a lexicon tyrant.
    'Girl' and these other words all have different connotations.

The problem isn't that I'm a 'lexicon tyrant', it's that you don't seem to be aware that all of these terms aren't interchangeable. But feel free to keep going like you are, I'm not telling you to do otherwise and I'm sure all the 'chicks' love it.

Thanks.
    Last edited by blerkington; 06-12-2019 at 10:49 AM.
    Astrican on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    'Girl' and these other words all have different connotations.

The problem isn't that I'm a 'lexicon tyrant', it's that you don't seem to be aware that all of these terms aren't interchangeable. But feel free to keep going like you are, I'm not telling you to do otherwise and I'm sure all the 'chicks' love it.

Thanks.
    blerk, I'm female and I have no problem being referred to as a girl, or chick, but I'm confident, and not particularly thin-skinned. Dudette no longer has the same meaning as the others, it not derogatory yet but... it now has a political connotation at least here in Texas. I wouldn't use that with anyone I didn't know very well and possibly only with those that grew up in the 80's.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Thumbs down Slavelords crafting issa joke...on the players

Why, oh why is Legendary Slave Lords crafting still so expensive?

400 per regular augment and 100/100/100/100 of each for extra? Are you kidding me?

I'm looking at 10+ full 3-quest chain completion plus grabbing the chain reward mats to make JUST 1 frigging item w/o the set bonus OR an augment slot.

Not only mat grind is insane, but also to add insult to injury, you can't feed the blanks to Sentient weapon or Minor artifact. I'm flabbergasted by this decision.
    Do Devs hate this pack or something? I'm confused, why diminish the incentives to run this pack? It's not like the quests themselves are any fun to run after the novelty wears off. Especially when you have to run them over and over and over and over and over and over.

Did I mention how long and boring these quests are?

Quote Originally Posted by Komradkillingmachine View Post
    Why, oh why is Legendary Slave Lords crafting still so expensive?

400 per regular augment and 100/100/100/100 of each for extra? Are you kidding me?

I'm looking at 10+ full 3-quest chain completion plus grabbing the chain reward mats to make JUST 1 frigging item w/o the set bonus OR an augment slot.

Not only mat grind is insane, but also to add insult to injury, you can't feed the blanks to Sentient weapon or Minor artifact. I'm flabbergasted by this decision.
    Do Devs hate this pack or something? I'm confused, why diminish the incentives to run this pack? It's not like the quests themselves are any fun to run after the novelty wears off. Especially when you have to run them over and over and over and over and over and over.

Did I mention how long and boring these quests are?
    I'm with you on the quests are looooOOOooooong and maybe not boring exactly but way less fun than they could be. I wish they had somehow split the quests into 6 instead of 3 adventures or at least 5. All of them have more than 1 level and a couple have mini-boss fights that are tough enough to be the end boss fight of an intermediate dungeon.

I don't think the devs hate Slavelords but they have uhm complained sort of how allowing us a loot system that lets us craft exactly what we want in a slot makes it difficult for them to create future desirable items. Of course this is assuming that packs are purchased because the next loot is/should be always better. I wish it leaned more towards packs are purchased because this is/should be more fun. But fun is more subjective than just adding +1,+2 to whatever is the newest thing.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    blerk, I'm female and I have no problem being referred to as a girl, or chick, but I'm confident, and not particularly thin-skinned. Dudette no longer has the same meaning as the others, it not derogatory yet but... it now has a political connotation at least here in Texas. I wouldn't use that with anyone I didn't know very well and possibly only with those that grew up in the 80's.
    Huh that must be a Texas thing, yeah...coming from California, to me its still just charmingly surfer-y if a bit affectatious

Community Member

So in other words...you KNEW there was an issue with the bonus types displaying improperly, but you went ahead and got it anyway, and now you're complaining that the bonus type didnt display properly...

See, I thought she was, and then when she replied to the previous thread and said she *fixed* this, someone used a male pronoun and I was worried I was wrong. In any case, Lynnabel said that the issue was resolved, so I trusted the tooltips as written.

And they were not fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    .... Dudette no longer has the same meaning as the others, it not derogatory yet but... it now has a political connotation at least here in Texas. I wouldn't use that with anyone I didn't know very well and possibly only with those that grew up in the 80's.
    That bit of trivia is a kinduva bummer.

Would be kinda like "Dementoids and Dementites" becoming something other than what they've been since the 70s.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

I've been farming Slavers lately just to make one mop up item to complete my Wallwatch and Mist sets Inquisitive build. I took a look again at my gear and it's very borderline swapping out any of my non-set items for any fully upgraded Slavers item. Basically the only new thing would be Quality +4 Stat and +22 Spot, and maybe a chance to at least replace an effect or two that I would be losing. No matter which item type I craft, I'd still be losing something about as good to get the +4/+22, so very borderline. After all that work and making one for this build would be a +0. Think in a few months I'll try a FvS caster and will check again.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    I've been farming Slavers lately just to make one mop up item to complete my Wallwatch and Mist sets Inquisitive build. I took a look again at my gear and it's very borderline swapping out any of my non-set items for any fully upgraded Slavers item. Basically the only new thing would be Quality +4 Stat and +22 Spot, and maybe a chance to at least replace an effect or two that I would be losing. No matter which item type I craft, I'd still be losing something about as good to get the +4/+22, so very borderline. After all that work and making one for this build would be a +0. Think in a few months I'll try a FvS caster and will check again.
    You have to give up Adherent's mist, it's no longer worth it, even if you lose 20PRR and 10RP.

Family Recruit Sigil is a must have for ranged toons. You might say that it competes for Int +22 Minor Artifact necklace but I'd rather put +21 int on a Celestial Sapphire ring and be done with it. Use +22 Dex Minor Artifact for Insightful deadly and accuracy (or Wis +22 for Quality deadly and accuracy).

Collective sights would get +21con/ +10 ins.intelligence.

Ofc, this is all assuming your main stat is Intelligence. Otherwise, it will shift around. This is why Sharn crafting is awesome and thanks to the last update, much easier to get.

As of now, Melees have a problem with Deception effect while Ranged toons have a Seeker problem. This is where Slave Lords crafting comes in. I recommend using a trinket or a boot slot.

1) Sheltering - will never go out of style.
    2) Seeker - must have. (Melee toons should go for Deception effect here).
    3) Skill - Spot in your case. (Melee toons should go for Tendon slice here).
    4) Quality Stat - must have.

I think LGS is in a worse spot now with the "grind to slot-value" ratio. SL gear can fill out the gear layout with 1-2 pieces nicely. Cutting the augment costs in half would not do any harm imo, still not a small repetition to commit to, especially when some players aim to outfit 10+ characters :P .

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    I think LGS is in a worse spot now with the "grind to slot-value" ratio. SL gear can fill out the gear layout with 1-2 pieces nicely. Cutting the augment costs in half would not do any harm imo, still not a small repetition to commit to, especially when some players aim to outfit 10+ characters :P .
    I think it's still incredibly valuable for weapons, but I have yet to make gear items for anything other than the skill bonus (T2 skill items, or one with T3 for Intimidate on my tank which I need to redo for Sharn (to change slots). Also Displacement clickies, whenever I get around to them lol.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast