Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

I have 122 necro, mobs still saved in Mid-R in Sharn.

Good luck with 100!

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Montegue View Post
    My DCs are now 100+ for Enchantment and Illusion, and low 90s for Necromancy on my Eldritch Knight. But holy **** are there only a handful of mobs I can actually gib with a Phantasmal Killer spell.
    102 isn't very high. DCs in the 120s were possible even before the stat-inflated gear that came out with Sharn.

If you want more concrete suggestions, post your build & gear and people might be able to help you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    DCs in the 120s were possible even before the stat-inflated gear that came out with Sharn.
    If you look at a necro all-in everything-ist DC of ~121, you will see that after the ED patch adds another 4 DC to magistar over EA, such a character could energy drain for -5 levels (-10 saves) then hit that 136 DC brute 95% of the time.

It's almost as if it were exactly engineered that way...

Ty slarden for laying it out. Lower reaper will require lower DCs.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 06-13-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    For will based cc it's even more forgiving because you have some easy debuffs: crushing despair (no save against -5 will save so don't waste your spell points on metamagic -just cheap debuff), mind fog (only useful situationally, but if you are only dancing half of he enemies this might help).
    Hypnotize is a great AOE debuff spell, -3 will save even if they make the save... I used to use that all that time followed by mass hold, back in the days when I had problems with my DCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    If you look at a necro all-in everything-ist DC of ~121, you will see that after the ED patch adds another 4 DC to magistar over EA, such a character could energy drain for -5 levels (-10 saves) then hit that 136 DC brute 95% of the time.

It's almost as if it were exactly engineered that way...

Ty slarden for laying it out. Lower reaper will require lower DCs.
    You don't need 136 dcs in sharn, you shouldn't spread bad info.
    Heroic - Triple All
    Racial - Triple All
    Iconic - Triple All
    Epic - Triple All

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    102 isn't very high. DCs in the 120s were possible even before the stat-inflated gear that came out with Sharn.

If you want more concrete suggestions, post your build & gear and people might be able to help you out.
    Sure thing. I went with Eldritch Knight because the bonuses to spellcasting were as good if not better than Archmage and it also let me swing my sword and save SP on burning down the things I hold or stun with Prismatic Spray.

Feats:
    Up through Greater SWF
    Imp Crit Slashing
    Heighten, Quicken, Maximize, Embolden
    Spell Pen and greater Spell Pen
    Past Life Wizard
    Spell focus Enchant
    Greater Spell Focus Enchant
    Mental Toughness
    Burst of Glacial Wrath
    Epic Spell Power: Acid
    Scion of the Feywild
    Dire Charge
    Perfect Two Weapon Fightning

Gear -

Head: Legendary Arcsteel Brim w/Draconic Soul Gem
    Neck: Legendary Zarashak Ward w/Resistance, Good Luck +2, and Greater Necromancy. Beholder x3 (int, spellpower, MRR)
    Trinket: Legendary Symbol of the Slave Lords w/Globe of True Imperial Blood
    Back: Legendary Phase Cloak - nothing slotted
    Waist: Legendary Burnscar Sash w/Greater Enchantment
    Finger 1: Legendary Celestial Sapphire Ring w/21 Con crafted
    Finger 2: Legendary Shattered Onyx w/Insightful Int 10 crafted
    Feet: Legendary Flightfoot Greaves w Waterbreathing
    Wrists: Legendary Aetherband w Feather Falling
    Armor: Legendary Order's Garb w +2 Festive Int.
    Eyes: Legendary Dusk Lenses w Greater Illusion
    Weapon: Legendary Moonwillow w/Adamantine Gem, Ottos & the rest of my Beholder set. (int con mrr spell failure reduction)
    Orb: Legendary Mistfallen

Build:

Eldritch Knight - 44 points (basically, Strimtom's build, but I think I bought one more thing).

Deep Gnome - 12 points (2x int bonuses, Color Spray, illusion +2, Inherent blur)

Harper Agent - 24 points (all int bonuses, know the angles, int to damage, skills, spell points, hit points)

Epic Destiny - Right now running around in Exalted Angel for self-healing and equal DCs to when I run in Magister or Draconic. I twist in Enchantment +3, Fear Spells +3 from Draconic, Cocoon, and Sense Weakness.

Stats:

+8 universal tome

Str 19
    Dex 21
    Con 61
    int 94
    Wis 27
    Cha 35

Skills - A lot. All core class skills pretty much maxed, plus a bunch of others.

Standing DCs (not in Knight's Stance) - Enchant 102, Illusion 101, Evocation 95, Necromancy 95, Conjuration 93

I can drink an int pot for +2 more (and typically do).

Past Lives -

Human Wizard
    Deep Gnome Wizard
    Epic Past life Deep gnome wizard
    Aaaaand... Deep Gnome Wizard (current life) :P
    Last edited by Montegue; 06-14-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    And by "proper builds," he really just means give up on instakill DCs and damage and healbot support in EA. I dunno why all the doublespeak, they aren't hitting 136 PK with their build either.
    I do "healbot support" first, true. But also 125 evo, 110 other schools and 122 wis frog on fvs for example.

What's the point of complaining about 90 - 100 DCs, when casters hit 120+ in their primary schools.

Some do play casters in high reapers, you can carry on "making" horribad builds or get carried for comical effect.

Shahang (hjeal me), Wipekin (tempest), Nezhat (barbie) Ghallanda/Devourer

Community Member

snip
    Yeah, I ran two lives on a pretty similar build. I managed to eke out bit more int (got a reaper hat and completionist), but I could not fit in Arcsteel Brim/spell focus mastery, so it in the end my numbers were probably similar to yours, and yes, not enough. Well Color Spray was landing decently. For the record I ran in Shadowdancer (evasion, sealed life, 25% ghostly, melee power).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Yeah, I ran two lives on a pretty similar build. I managed to eke out bit more int (got a reaper hat and completionist), but I could not fit in Arcsteel Brim/spell focus mastery, so it in the end my numbers were probably similar to yours, and yes, not enough. Well Color Spray was landing decently. For the record I ran in Shadowdancer (evasion, sealed life, 25% ghostly, melee power).
    At least on low reaper, it's possible to land Burst of Glacial Wrath on the damn gnolls. So that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by Wh070aa View Post
    Only semi-viable epic caster playstyle is shiradi spamming man.

Come on if you have like 100 DC you should know that by now. DC casting is about as supported as Stealth mehanics.
    This is nonsense

and 102 dc is low. get it higher...
    Khyber: Pinel / Laerak / Sibeli / Kaeral / Gilmara - Crafter

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indoran View Post
    This is nonsense

and 102 dc is low. get it higher...
    OK, but with what, exactly, that doesn't include 14 past lives?

Seriously, *WHAT* do people do to get 120 DC. Yes, I've seen the threads. I have everything on it but the completionist and racial feats.

Low 100s is what's possible with a reasonable amount of past lives. It should be what's reasonable with *NO* past lives and viable in sub-5 Skull play. Honestly, I can't wait until Magister is a viable way to pump your DCs to something in the 110's without a ridiculous amount of time investment for each individual point of DC.

Community Member

Seriously, *WHAT* do people do to get 120 DC. Yes, I've seen the threads. I have everything on it but the completionist and racial feats.
    My wizard is 123 necro in reaper.

I have nether Completionist nor complete racist. I do have 3 drow and 3 gnome live. Other (relevant) PLs are 3 wizzie, 3 FVS. That's it.

60 Reaper points. You can get most of the benefits I think with like 14?

The rest is gear. Stop mindlessly grinding PLs you DON'T NEED and get the right equipment.
    Last edited by Kaboom2112; 06-30-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Low 100s is what's possible with a reasonable amount of past lives. It should be what's reasonable with *NO* past lives and viable in sub-5 Skull play. Honestly, I can't wait until Magister is a viable way to pump your DCs to something in the 110's without a ridiculous amount of time investment for each individual point of DC.
    its not about the lives. its about gear.

past lives give = +1 (int), +1 wiz pl, +1 bard (enchant only) +1 completionist +1 racial comp. everything else is gear. i am non running a sharn set and am at 99 dc outside of reaper. i still need gear and tomes to "finish" him. that 99 dc is good enough to solo le sharn, and contribe in up to r7 (highest i have tried so far) what that low of a dc means is i have to pick my targets. can i finger ogres? occasionally. can i hold casters? sometimes. can finger casters most of the time? yup! can i hold ogres? o yes.

so i cant brute force my way through, but i can play and have fun...

just my 2 cents
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    its not about the lives. its about gear.
    How do people not get this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom2112 View Post
    because people see people with tons of pls doing crazy things and want to be it. they dont realize that in all those pls the people collect gear to do that crazy stuff
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

know your enemy if you want your spell to land

My wizard is 123 necro in reaper.

I have nether Completionist nor complete racist. I do have 3 drow and 3 gnome live. Other (relevant) PLs are 3 wizzie, 3 FVS. That's it.

60 Reaper points. You can get most of the benefits I think with like 14?

The rest is gear. Stop mindlessly grinding PLs you DON'T NEED and get the right equipment.
    Truth to power. Not just about casters, but all builds. You don’t need 100+ PLs on any toon to be effective. You need a good build and gear. With the changes to Magistar even the spell pen lives are probably kinda unnecessary at this point as you gain +6 SP from Magistar, which most builds were giving up to be in EA.

Quote Originally Posted by mraz View Post
    know your enemy if you want your spell to land
    And this. 95% of all mobs have two good saves and a weak save. Know your mob, know what to cast.
    The Shadow Assassin, and all around Miserable Elitist

Community Member

I don't think my gear can get a whole lot better, TBH. I haven't seen anything out of the raid that would push my DCs any higher than they are now.

20 Int base +all level ups + 8 tome.

+22 enhancement
    +10 Insightful
    +4 Quality (could be 5, but burnscar is really hard to say no to)
    +2 Festive
    +1 Exceptional
    +2 Profane
    +2 pots
    +1 from Beholder
    +1 from Otto's
    +1 from something random on the sword
    +8 from enhancements (Gnome, Harper, EK)
    +2 from EK capstone

Total int w Ship Buffs is 96 in EA, w/o pots.

For DCs -

Focus 7
    Insightful Focus 4
    Quality 2
    Greater Enchant/Necro/Illusion Gems +2
    Focus Enchant
    GF Enchant
    Illusion racial bonus +3
    Fear based spells +3
    +3 from Magister
    +3 from EA
    Ottos set
    Beholder set
    Arcsteel or Esoteric sets, pick your poison. Using arcsteel right now for the PRR bonus
    Profane Focus 2

Even if I swap a twist out for +1 int from Shadowdancer, it won't change my actual bonus (I have Sheath, Cocoon, Sense Weakness, and Enchant Bonus currently twisted in).

So, what's left? Is there a source of stacking Intelligence I'm missing? Is it a matter of grinding out a ton of Sentient XP?

Community Member

I don't think my gear can get a whole lot better, TBH. I haven't seen anything out of the raid that would push my DCs any higher than they are now.

20 Int base +all level ups + 8 tome.

+22 enhancement
    +10 Insightful
    +4 Quality (could be 5, but burnscar is really hard to say no to)
    +2 Festive
    +1 Exceptional
    +2 Profane
    +2 pots
    +1 from Beholder
    +1 from Otto's
    +1 from something random on the sword
    +8 from enhancements (Gnome, Harper, EK)
    +2 from EK capstone

Total int w Ship Buffs is 96 in EA, w/o pots.

For DCs -

Focus 7
    Insightful Focus 4
    Quality 2
    Greater Enchant/Necro/Illusion Gems +2
    Focus Enchant
    GF Enchant
    Illusion racial bonus +3
    Fear based spells +3
    +3 from Magister
    +3 from EA
    Ottos set
    Beholder set
    Arcsteel or Esoteric sets, pick your poison. Using arcsteel right now for the PRR bonus
    Profane Focus 2

Even if I swap a twist out for +1 int from Shadowdancer, it won't change my actual bonus (I have Sheath, Cocoon, Sense Weakness, and Enchant Bonus currently twisted in).

So, what's left? Is there a source of stacking Intelligence I'm missing? Is it a matter of grinding out a ton of Sentient XP?
    For a first life toon:

Missing:
    +2 int from lich form
    +2 int from improved shrouding
    +2 int from Raid filigree
    +1 int from Dire Thamturge core 3 permanent +1
    +2 from pots (you have +2 listed but you can run perma +4 total with yugo and mysterious rem turn in)
    +2 int filigree random (slotted in minor artifact)** see edit

Edit - I also dont see int from filigrees other than otto/beholder you listed. You can have 3 slots on a minor artifact for a total of 11 filigree which you could slot the above mentioned +2 raid and two other random +1 ints

Thats not counting PL other reaper bonuses:
    +2 completionist
    +2 racial completionist
    +2 drow/gnome t3 PL
    +2 reaper helm
    +4 inside reaper only dire thaumaturge
    Last edited by Vorachtin; 07-01-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    Heroic - Triple All
    Racial - Triple All
    Iconic - Triple All
    Epic - Triple All

Also looks like you are trying to use a TR build in endgame. In TRland you can get away with trying to be a jack-of-all-trades. In endgame there are some, but very few specialized builds that can do more than 1-2 main party roles. You are greatly rewarded by focusing on your build/classes’ main purpose over trying to get it to do everything; ie DPSers do better when focused on DPS, tanks do better when focused on tanking, and Casters do better focusing on casting. There’s 6 party roles, group around, throw up an lfm and try to get others to fill the roles that your build can’t.
    The Shadow Assassin, and all around Miserable Elitist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast