Thread: New player.

Community Member

Default New player.

Hey New player here or well I do have tried out this game before long time ago. So was wondering im Swedish so my time zone is GMT + 1 what would be the best server for me that has some active people or maybe an active guild for me to join ?

Also wanted to ask if any one has a good guild for a Barberian which I plan to make as my first class. If I read right when you reincarnate you can play as another class right ? I want to make a necromancer maybe or a mage class but I was thinking as a start im going a bit more easy class.

Also im kinda of a broke man well broke or broke I don´t have money to spend on game so I will be mostly playing f2p.

Cannith is the largest server and has the most Europeans.
    The other server that is supposed to have European players is Ghallanda, but I've found that place to be a graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Drecas View Post
    Cannith is the largest server and has the most Europeans.
    The other server that is supposed to have European players is Ghallanda, but I've found that place to be a graveyard.
    My old friend plays on Cannith. He says its really good for EDT 6PM - 12AM. Other times its a graveyard. Not very Euro friendly from the looks of it. Euro friendly would be EDT 10AM-4PM. Has to have at least 30+ lfms. All my other buddies who transferred to Cannith came back because they couldn't make the proper times.
    It's all about them time zones.

I would suggest OP to identify his most played timezone and check each server at those times to see how populated the LFMs and WHO list are. Weekends might be a wash, more players play on the weekends. Week days give better statistics.

Hey New player here or well I do have tried out this game before long time ago. So was wondering im Swedish so my time zone is GMT + 1 what would be the best server for me that has some active people or maybe an active guild for me to join ?

On Cannith, iirc The Adventure Pack guild is mostly of scandinavian players, you may wanna visit their forum topic or try an ingame /tell (from the Who list)

Also wanted to ask if any one has a good guild for a Barberian which I plan to make as my first class. If I read right when you reincarnate you can play as another class right ? I want to make a necromancer maybe or a mage class but I was thinking as a start im going a bit more easy class.

There's a very nice summary on ddowiki about reincarnation (https://ddowiki.com/page/Reincarnation), the short version:
    - lesser reincarnation: just a remake of your current character build, only changes those that can be changed during level-ups, but with none / limited class change options (a +3 heart allows 3 class changes for example). No xp loss, nor past life bonuses.
    - epic reincarnation: works as a +0 lesser, but it provides permanent "past life" benefits. The character returns to level 20.
    - true/racial/iconic reincarnation: character resets to like a brand new, only keeps its Name (and items, of course). Everything else can be changed. Build points (those you spend on stats at creation) increase to 34, then 36. These reincarnations also give permanent past life benefits.

So yes, if you want to make your main barbarian into a necromancer, you can reincarnate into a wizard for example, and you will get either the barbarian past life, or the racial past life of the race you were as barbarian.

Also im kinda of a broke man well broke or broke I don´t have money to spend on game so I will be mostly playing f2p.

If you want to stay free to play, it can work but only by serious and repetitive favor farming for ddo points. Since you also want to check server populations, i recommend joining each server in your main play time, and try to do a korthos-harbor(-market?) f2p favor run with an elite opener (lfm) - this will not only reward with bonus ddo points, but also a chance to meet some people and ask around for server activity information.
    + Cannith +
    + Csodaszarvas +
    + MCMLXXXVI + Ezredes + Giliszta + Halacska +

There are many ways to have "fun", and that's up to each player to define for themself. If you enjoy it, if it works for you, then that's all that matters. Okay, no news there...

The Pure F2P part of the game has a lot to offer. 5 races, 9 classes, a LOT of quests, at least one crafting (system if you want to go there) - lots of ways to find your fun.

However, the pure F2P part of the game is only a fraction of the total. But don't panic - if you want to expand past that, you still don't have to spend Real Life cash. Just by playing the game, you'll earn some DDO Points, which can be used to buy "Premium"* content in the DDO Store.

(* i.e. non-F2P. VIP membership (~$30/month) gets access to most Premium content included, but even they don't get it all and end up having to buy certain things if(!) they want them. But don't worry about that for now.

I do recommend all true F2P players keep an eye out for a Sale on a Market item and actually "buy" something (large or small) to become Premium. The diff between true F2P and having spent the cost of a lunch is significant. There are some deep sales coming up in a few weeks, the "Summer Sails Sales" - see what pops up then.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Account_com...tween_accounts)

So the question is - how well does the pure F2P fill your idea of "fun"?...

Quote Originally Posted by RAFAR View Post
    If you want to stay free to play, it can work but only by serious and repetitive favor farming for ddo points.
    Very possibly true, depending on your answer to that last question. If you're in a hurry to reach Level 20 and Reincarnate, and become a power character, then... yes, you'll want more than the F2P content asap. But if you're good just "playing the game", and don't have "Level 20 asap" as a short-term goal, then the need for a lot of DDO Points ("DP") becomes less immediate.

I'm F2P/Premium, and what I consider a "casual" player, and I rarely do "serious" favor farming. I'll do a run every now and then, and the points add up, but rarely "grindy". It's been several years now, and I've got all classes, almost all the quest packs and most of the races, plus some bells and whistles. (I've tried to wait for Sales on whatever I don't need "right now".)

And you can do just fine on a LOT less than that. So it doesn't have to be "serious" farming, imo, and far from it, depending on what you want.*

(* There's a nice Sale now on quest packs, which are the first things most(!) new players would want. Buying Vault of Night for -25% off is a good thing, and very doable on less than 1000 DP - see next...)

Since you also want to check server populations, i recommend joining each server in your main play time, and try to do a korthos-harbor(-market?) f2p favor run with an elite opener (lfm) - this will not only reward with bonus ddo points, but also a chance to meet some people and ask around for server activity information.
    This is a really good idea for any new player.

A favor run up to 100 favor on each of the 8 servers can earn a quick 1000 DP, and that can get you a quest pack (or four) during a sale - or something else if you insist that's where your fun lies. And, while you're running those 8 characters up to Level 5 or so, you can learn the game, learn the different classes and their styles, learn the different servers and pick your "home", learn what you really want in the game, and altogether have a far more experienced understanding for your "main" character, whatever that will be.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    There are many ways to have "fun", and that's up to each player to define for themself. If you enjoy it, if it works for you, then that's all that matters. Okay, no news there...

The Pure F2P part of the game has a lot to offer. 5 races, 9 classes, a LOT of quests, at least one crafting (system if you want to go there) - lots of ways to find your fun.

However, the pure F2P part of the game is only a fraction of the total. But don't panic - if you want to expand past that, you still don't have to spend Real Life cash. Just by playing the game, you'll earn some DDO Points, which can be used to buy "Premium"* content in the DDO Store.

(* i.e. non-F2P. VIP membership (~$30/month) gets access to most Premium content included, but even they don't get it all and end up having to buy certain things if(!) they want them. But don't worry about that for now.

I do recommend all true F2P players keep an eye out for a Sale on a Market item and actually "buy" something (large or small) to become Premium. The diff between true F2P and having spent the cost of a lunch is significant. There are some deep sales coming up in a few weeks, the "Summer Sails Sales" - see what pops up then.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Account_com...tween_accounts)

So the question is - how well does the pure F2P fill your idea of "fun"?...

Very possibly true, depending on your answer to that last question. If you're in a hurry to reach Level 20 and Reincarnate, and become a power character, then... yes, you'll want more than the F2P content asap. But if you're good just "playing the game", and don't have "Level 20 asap" as a short-term goal, then the need for a lot of DDO Points ("DP") becomes less immediate.

I'm F2P/Premium, and what I consider a "casual" player, and I rarely do "serious" favor farming. I'll do a run every now and then, and the points add up, but rarely "grindy". It's been several years now, and I've got all classes, almost all the quest packs and most of the races, plus some bells and whistles. (I've tried to wait for Sales on whatever I don't need "right now".)

And you can do just fine on a LOT less than that. So it doesn't have to be "serious" farming, imo, and far from it, depending on what you want.*

(* There's a nice Sale now on quest packs, which are the first things most(!) new players would want. Buying Vault of Night for -25% off is a good thing, and very doable on less than 1000 DP - see next...)

This is a really good idea for any new player.

A favor run up to 100 favor on each of the 8 servers can earn a quick 1000 DP, and that can get you a quest pack (or four) during a sale - or something else if you insist that's where your fun lies. And, while you're running those 8 characters up to Level 5 or so, you can learn the game, learn the different classes and their styles, learn the different servers and pick your "home", learn what you really want in the game, and altogether have a far more experienced understanding for your "main" character, whatever that will be.

Thank you all for yout kind help and sorry for slow awnser been a busy few days with my kids and the oldest having I think the english word would be commencement well she ended school for summer veecation. Anway thank you all.

Completely wrong. Ghallanda has a lot of activity during Europeean players prime time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Completely wrong...
    Yes, Drecas...

<Obiwan voice>

These are not the servers you were looking for... you are completely wrong in your experience...

Orien and Ghallanda have a lot of europeans, too ... And the population on them is alright, as well.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)