Community Member

Default Cosmetic Storage

Hey guys, what's the status on cosmetic storage? Is it something being thought about?

They've thought about it enough to tell us multiple times it isn't really possible with the current way bags and cosmetics are coded - and that to get cosmetic storage it would require a fundamental change in the way either one is programmed. In other words: they'd like to add it, but it would be a supreme amount of work and therefore unlikely to happen.

I'm in favor of an exclusively cosmetic shared-bank tab. But, I'm guessing that's likely equally problematic.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

Damn :/

Yeah, a shared tab would be very acceptable, if it would be easier to implement!

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I think this is badly needed. Not just because I personally want it, but because I am willing to bet it hurts DDO's bottom line. It really discourages people from purchasing cosmetics or mirrors of glamering. Which I think is a great non-powercreepy way to monetize the game. I in particular like cosmetics, I have a few I swap around to give myself something new to stare at, but I don't even consider adding more cosmetics or using mirrors of glamering anymore because I just don't have room to store them.

Hope the devs can get around to it if it is technically feasible.

Pretty much every time this question is posed, no one disagrees with it... From all of the expansions they released, to all of the single cosmetics they have... I actually have a mule for cosmetics, and even having 1 mule with 1 bank slot, and 3 inventory slots isn't enough to store all of my cosmetics. Was talking with a buddy a little bit ago, about how we both probably need 5 or so mules just to be enough to hold all of those cosmetics...
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~ [Want Global Chats? Vote here!]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...t-global-chats
    [Want to learn about my pet peeves with people in Reaper? Check this out!] https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Wakeup-Call

But they are able to do it for LOTRO right?

Someone remind me to make a mule to get and store all the cake cloaks that I'm missing, preferably at least a week before the coupon codes expire.

And yes, if storage for these cosmetics wasn't an issue, I might be more gratuitous with my Mirror use and purchases.
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu; equip-able halflings